• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cale

Cale

Member: 4941

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:32 AM

ENTERED

Norfolk & Western Bicentennial Train

In celebration of the United States Bicentennial in 1976 many railroads painted equipment in special Bicentennial colors. The Norfolk & Western Railway wasn�€™t content with painting just a locomotive and maybe a caboose like some railroads. The N&W went the extra mile and painted an EMD SD45, an H-12 class hopper, a 40ft semi trailer, and a C18 class caboose.

Since I'm part of the RailBricks staff I'm not eligible as an official entry but I'd like to throw this in for fun as a "staff entry" for category one.

Posted Image

The full N&W Bicentennial set can be found on my Flickr Gallery.

SD45 #1776

Posted Image

C18 class caboose #1776

Posted Image

40ft Trailers and Bethlehem 89ft� Flush-Deck Flat Car

Posted Image

H-12 class hopper #1776

Posted Image

Cale

Edited by TheBrickster, 19 September 2009 - 04:40 PM.

#2 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo

• god for 10

Member: 1816

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

Wow, thank goodness ye aren't eligable for the contest! Else all the other entries would fail terribly!
I love the colours, that is a truly American train. Well done, and I'll be voting for you even though it is pointless. Keep up the great work man. :classic:

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au

#3 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 19 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

Cale: this is a winning entry in my opinion - simply beautiful.  The colors look so clean and neat.

As a kid, I had an HO scale railroad display that I received as a gift.  The engine was a red, white, and blue diesel locomotive called the "Spirit of St. Louis".  This creation reminds me of it so much.
Your decals are fantastic.  I absolutely love the caboose and the hopper.  The trailers are equally impressive.  Overall, this is just a terrific MOC.  Truly excellent! :wub:

EDIT: If only it could take the Classic Mining/Logging Train. :laugh:

#4 Cale

Cale

Member: 4941

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:27 AM

View PostCaptain Zuloo, on Sep 19 2009, 12:45 PM, said:

Wow, thank goodness ye aren't eligable for the contest! Else all the other entries would fail terribly!
I love the colours, that is a truly American train. Well done, and I'll be voting for you even though it is pointless. Keep up the great work man. :classic:

View PostTheBrickster, on Sep 19 2009, 05:57 PM, said:

Cale: this is a winning entry in my opinion - simply beautiful.  The colors look so clean and neat.

As a kid, I had an HO scale railroad display that I received as a gift.  The engine was a red, white, and blue diesel locomotive called the "Spirit of St. Louis".  This creation reminds me of it so much.
Your decals are fantastic.  I absolutely love the caboose and the hopper.  The trailers are equally impressive.  Overall, this is just a terrific MOC.  Truly excellent! :wub:

Thanks Guys. I'm not sure if the N&W ever gather the entire set together in one train like this but they do go well together.

Cale

#5 missouri_bb63

missouri_bb63

Member: 6866

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:18 PM

Really, really nice! I really should try building a diesel one of these days. I just posted a comment on your Flickr page.

#6 aawsum

aawsum

Member: 5141

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

Great combo. I must say the colorscheme looks really good on the H12, a real impressive wagon this is. On the train and the caboose it just looks a bit less good, but I must say the whole combination is very nice.
I also do like the large trailer. Wow, I am gonna try how this one runs on my rail track ...

#7 gcarstensen

gcarstensen

Member: 6885

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:27 AM

awesome creation overall
exceptionally awesome how the SD45 looks so clean even with that monster of a prime mover in it
the caboose is of course top notch with the interior
wonderful job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users