Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

Am I the only one who find these sets a little bit empty?

No, although I am waiting to see what the big Alamut one is like :wub: If it is anything like the poster teaser, it should be sweet :wub:

Sadly the 2 smaller sets could hardly be called sets at all without the figs and special animals.

The marketplace one looks like it has some interesting parts, but the design looks like an early 2000s Harry Potter set.

No Indy replacement, certainly!

This set doesn't look that large, but the ostriches make up for that. :wub:

And is it just me, or is there a new brown accessory on the weapons rack to the right? :look:

It looks like a straightened-out Indy whip, though it's presumably a new whip mold. There seem to be one in 7571, on the stand in front of the camel. I'm diggin' all these new weapons, I just hope the ostriches don't push this set over US$25.

This looks to be the most interesting out of all the four sets (in my opinion). The minifigs look great, especially the one with the gold armor and helmet. :wub:

The camel looks much better than the preliminary models, and I like how it can hold two crates on the saddle!

Also, it looks like there's a red cloth piece for the awning (usually we get brick-built ones instead)!

I love the crates on the camel too, it's a nice touch. It looks like there's a brown lightsaber bar between them, and the tile on top of the crate must be a tan 2x2 jumper. :wub:

Wow! Thanks for posting these images. Seems like the PoP sets will be great minifig and parts sets. I can't wait to see some hi-res photos!

The Alamut set looks good. Has a 'fortress' battle scene with interesting parts like golden domes (different sizes but looks like those from 7571 Fight for the Dagger) that would make for interesting MOCs.

After seeing all the pics, I think it's my 2nd most fav POP set after the ostrich race set.

(I peeked at a trade catalog, no pics tho sorry!)

Ohh, pics! I really like the sets for their minifigs and accessories, but agree with previous posters - they're not that great designs... and I fear prices will be as high as for SW and Indy, i.e just worth it for the extras. But... TLC buying licences etc, don't the rest of you still feel an urge for all those sets exactly because they are license sets? I do even though I rant over prices etc. So, feelings go both ways :classic:

Have anyone seen that pictures:

Picture 1 (click the link)

997dd68f1e5e.jpg

4347609c790a.jpg

a36aca0e871b.jpg

p.s:

Sorry for my English! :sceptic:

Wow-finally some pics- i'm so getting that 7571 looks great :cry_happy: - although i do have many apples already well there is never too much and then fish and camel!!! :sweet: and dome and those figs- also the last one would be nice for Christmas 2010 :classic:

Here is the picture for 7573 as sourced from the above, without any confidential mark:

2010_pop_7573.jpg

Looks nice- im wondering which set i should buy... :sceptic: This looks great but smaller 7571 has that camel also and 7172 is so good because of the traps and all- well i have time to think :tongue:

7573 looks really amazing. Reminds me of orient expedition somehow ! cant wait to get it.

The big set looks great! I'll buy it once this line fails.

You're such an optimist :classic:

It's interesting how almost every LEGO set has at least a vehicle but that this theme has none.

Well, they have ostriches and camels to ride, it's not like you had to expect a car. :grin:

Here is the picture for 7573 as sourced from the above, without any confidential mark:

2010_pop_7573.jpg

Sweet pic.....hey, in the lower left corner, the guy next to the camel, is that a new weapon? It looks like a new sword, but it might just be me.

These are some really cool sets! :sweet: But I'll have to pass on them except for maybe the smallest one and the ostrich races. :hmpf_bad:

Sweet pic.....hey, in the lower left corner, the guy next to the camel, is that a new weapon? It looks like a new sword, but it might just be me.

Yes, you have right! It's a long sword! It's in new castle too! Anyone noticed guy with Wolverine claws in 7573?

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I totally agree with CDC, this is soooo Orient Expedition and soooo Adventurers!!

Maybe we won't see them again, but with these sets Lego has totally bought me, what's really attracting me from this theme are its buildings, not looking for new animal pieces, but the golden details, the new archs, general color scheme and minifigs! I wasn't this excited for sooo many new lego sets since 2004!!

:thumbup:

It's interesting how almost every LEGO set has at least a vehicle but that this theme has none.

It has camels- were you expecting car or starfighter for POP :tongue:

I thought it was this, but it may be new (yay for new weapons!):

48495.jpg

The only set I'm iffy about is 7572. The others look great, better than I thought they'd be. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting the rest of the ones here.

I can see why the IJ line got cut. POP and IJ are far too similar. They're different licenses, but their overall feel is about the same.

I look forward to seeing more and better pics of this line. I don't know how long it'll last, but POP is a long-running video game franchise, so I don't think the license could be exhausted anytime soon.

:laugh: :laugh: Good times.

Why are there so many ostriches? The pamphlet said there would only be a few ostriches! :wacko:

LOL, This thread delivers the lulz.

These sets offer a new take on colour schemes for Castles and Adventure themed sets with many exotic minifigures! Its a :thumbup: from me for this theme. Can't wait.