After the signing of the Alliance of the Three Nations, and the ensuring party, many of the residents of the castle retired to their beds, with some particularly eccentric people continuing to party on in the ballroom. The castle was gradually claimed by darkness, and a certain quiet fell over the great stone fortress. But as we all know, evil is most often afoot in the dead of night...
The grand hall was quiet, but not far away, something sinister was beginning.
The doors to the west wing slammed open, and beyond, the flickering glow of a raging fire could be seen. Distantly, a terrible scream could be heard, and the clash of steel against steel. In the west atrium, Duke Frederick Dufay was making a brave retreat before the coming flames.
"Run for your lives!", he screamed, as he came hurtling through the doors.
Those were his last words unfortunately, as a long tongue of flame stretched out to grasp him.
"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!......" The flame wrapped around the poor Duke and as quick as a flash, burned him to a cinder. Only the charred bones remained upon the polished floor.
Now more screams could be heard coming from the west wing. The flames roared up, and a few desperate people tried to escape the horrors of the slaughter. Next to come dashing through the doors were two guards, Vincent of Hamenweir and Damien of Dromindur.
"What the hell is going on!?" cried Vincient.
"Some sort of attack", replied Damien. "The whole west wing of this place is ablaze. And did you see the bodies back there? Brutal, just brutal..."
"Yeah, better keep running."
No matter how hard they ran though, the pair could not escape the fate headed their way.
A purple flash came from behind, and the two were struck down with a powerful spell which systematically stripped their skin from their bodies, leaving a bloody mess on the floor.
Meanwhile, the fires ragged on unabated.
Silence gradually spread through the castle, with the occasional scream punctuating the stillness. The atrium was empty save for the flicker of flames.
Hesitantly, Fergus the scullion and Betta the maid scuttled out in the atrium, in the hopes of finding safety away from the fires.
They were wrong.
Two hooded figures had just entered from the opposite corridor. Slowly they advanced. Betta turned and ran, while Fergus stood petrified, as he was sliced up by the wicked blade of the intruder.
Finished with his fun, the intruder turned and left the mangled, wretched body on the floor.
The roar of the flames built up, and with a mighty roar, burst forth into the hall, like a giant, hungry beast.
Then, as suddenly as it had come, the fires receded, and the doors slammed shut, leaving the grand hall in darkness once again.
The burnt, tortured, misshapen remains lay still on the floor, a testament to the wicked horrors of the night. Silence once again possessed the castle.
In the morning, the King and his Queen, in the company of the only remaining Royal Guards, surveyed the carnage.
"This is the work if those Dragons, the ones who so greatly oppose our alliance:, the King sighed. "This must be dealt with immediately. Clean up this mess, and then call in all the survivors. We must find these traitors, and execute them before they kill us all."
The guards complied, and very soon, all the people were assembled in the Hall, all those that were left that is. Many were still mourning the deaths of loved ones from the previous night; husbands, wives, sisters and brothers, the toll of the night was high on everyone. What the people of the keep wanted was justice, revenge for the foul deed that had been done.
"All we want is justice!", someone shouted.
"Together, we can find the ones who did this and make them pay!", another cried.
"Won't someone just think of the children?", another asked.
Murmurs of agreement spread through the hall. The decision was made; nobody would leave nor enter the castle until either the killers were all found and executed, or the people had died trying. Together, they could rid themselves of the nuisance that has caused so much horror and bloodshed, but only if they are wary and careful of the evil ways of the Dragons. Things were just beginning to get interesting, in Matidoer Castle...
Rules of Play
This game will follow the basic conventions of a Mafia Game. Each "day", you will be given 4 real days in which to vote for someone to kill. The day will end as soon as a majority decision is reached, or when the 4 days are up. If someone has been convicted, you will find out their loyalty shortly after end of the day. After this a night phase will begin, which will last 2 real days. Then the cycle will repeat. Those players with night actions must PM them to me during the night phase. If I do not receive them within the two days, they will not be counted.
- There will be two main sides in the game. Your winning criteria will be included with your character PM.
- Voting is to be done in the day thread, and should follow the following format: Vote: Character (Player). Please note the use of bold. This is the only format that will be accepted. To unvote someone, the same applies: Unvote: Character (Player).
- You may not edit your posts. Violation of this rule may result in a moderator kill.
- Please avoid posting out of character in the game thread.
- Do not ever directly quote something the game moderator has sent to you via PM, whether it be your character information, night action results, or any other form of communication. Violation of this rule will result in a moderator kill. You may of course paraphrase any information you receive; if it is your own words then it is fine.
- Do not discuss game tactics or "play the game" outside the game thread, including in the General Discussion thread. You may communicate privately via PM, but this is at your own risk, and should be considered part of playing the game.
- Please be considerate towards the host. I will try my best to stick to the schedule, and your cooperation will help this greatly, particularly getting night actions in promptly.
- Sudden Death rules, as outlined in your roles, will only apply on certain nights. You will be informed of this in the final post of the day. A day in which no conviction is reached will definitely result in a sudden death night.
Characters and Players
Ambassador Ralf Simnel played by Quarryman
Duchess Juliana Dufay played by Alice
Hugh (Servant) played by WhiteFang
Simon (Librarian) played by I Scream Clone
Ambassador Sirion Vipont played by ImperialShadows
Countess Margaret Durville played by TinyPiesRUs
Peter (Servant) played by Darth_Legois
Lieutenant Victor played by Bob the construction man
Lady Rohesia Papelion played by Sandy
Lady Beatrice Harcourt played by Zepher
Admiral Thomas Mallory played by Sir Dillon
Lord William Harcourt played by Hinckley
Richard (Guard) played by Ricecracker
Agnes (Maid) played by Striker
Nicholas (Guard) played by professor flitwick
Francis the Friar played by Svelte
Captain Geoffrey played by Escape the Fate
Lord Edward Griffin played by Stash2sixx
Ethel (Maid) played by Adam
Gilbert (Guard) played by General Armendariz
Chef Walter played by JimButcher
Good luck, and trust nobody...