If you could revive one production year's sets...

22 replies to this topic

#1 Mos_Eisley

Mos_Eisley

Member: 7325

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image
I did some searching and didn't see a similar thread but my apologies if this exists somewhere.  But the question is, what single production year's sets would you want to see revived if given the opportunity?   For me, I'd have to go with the 2006 line-up.  I think that 6209 Slave I, 6210 Jabba's Sail Barge and 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer are the 3 best sets ever released in a single production year.  Not only did each of those include a lot of minifigs, but the ships themselves are great.  It also included 6212 X-Wing Fighter, but it is still readily available.  I think the 2005 line-up would be second for me because it had a lot of great minifigs and the Sandcrawler, but overall I don't think the vehicles/ships were that well designed.  I guess for me the perfect time to buy some Star Wars sets would be the fall of 2005 as I could pick up all kinds of great stuff from the existing 2005 line-up and the early releases of the 2006 sets!  

My follow-up question is one I've been curious about for a while.  What is your favorite Star Wars box design?  Mine is the Original Trilogy Edition design.  It's very simple and understated, but I think I like it because it reminds me of the Star Wars toy boxes from when I was a kid.  A poll about this might be fun...

Edited by KimT, 28 September 2009 - 07:58 PM.
Thread title

#2 Jammiedodger

Jammiedodger

• Halfway through Englishman

Member: 3865

Posted 12 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hmm. I would go for 1999, 2000 or 2003. The first wave of SW sets were very nice, and I would love the chance to get them again. 2001 saw many new, awseom models with nice play features, and 2003 had the new Clone Troopers and Republic Vehicles. I think really, I would choose 2000's line up. :thumbup:
As for the box design, I liked the Episode I art. The cartoon figures looked really nice. :thumbup:

Nice idea, and I cannot remember if a topic was made which resembled this one before. Next time if you are unsure, use the Search function. Sorry if you did, I thought you meant searching as in scrolling through the pages. :wink:

Edited by Jammiedodger714, 12 September 2009 - 06:51 PM.

#3 CaptainRex110

CaptainRex110

Member: 6161

Posted 12 September 2009 - 08:36 PM

I would have to go with Episode III line. I loved all of the sets then, and didn't get any of them. I liked the design of them from that time.

My favorite packaging would have to be this year's Clone Wars box art. I just love the Clones being on the box and the red writing.

#4 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

I would revive the 2006 sets because they had fleshies in them and were great ships. Jabba's sail barge had heaps of minifigs and was an awesome set. Sandcrawler is huge and has so many droids. Slave 1 has boba who is one of the best minifigs ever and his ship is incredible.

I would have to say my favourite is the 10th anniversary one, I like the little cartoon minifigs

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

#5 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:39 PM

The year that had the Snowspeeder, Dagobah X-wing, and the Falcon. If I could revive any set, I'd revive the Y-wing from 2007 :thumbup:

#6 382nd Legionnaire

382nd Legionnaire

Member: 7179

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

I would revive Episode III's sets because there were so many awesome sets I never got my hands on like the Turbo tank and the clone scout walker.

#7 Trudop561

Trudop561

Member: 2010

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:09 AM

The first X-Wing  :wub: !
This was my first Star Wars set and was accurate, included good minifigures (Biggs Darklighter and a rebel mechanician!), a chrome lightsaber and a little transport vehicle.

I would be glad to see Lego release a few old sets like they did a few years ago with the Legend sets.

#8 Forresto

Forresto

• Soccor Star

Member: 6841

Posted 13 September 2009 - 02:41 AM

I would revive Revenge of the sith or Attack of the clones. AOTC because I never got any of the sets and ROTS because it's just plain awesomeness.

My favorite boxart would be the anime darth vader or next year's Clone War's boxart.

"Be good or don't get caught." I tell my cats this every day - they never listen"
Link to my Flickr
Link to my 'Doctor Who' mocs

Posted Image  Thanks Joey!

#9 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

• Can't remember his own name

Member: 5406

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

Hmm good topic! :thumbup:
Mine would have to be either
2002, 2003 or 2005.
There where some really good sets in those years which I'd kill to have!  :tongue:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox, 13 September 2009 - 06:21 AM.

My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#10 parchioso

parchioso

Member: 6651

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:57 AM

I would prefer the 2000 Productions for the X-wing UCS, the 334x packs, and the Starwars Technics Set!

But if this happens, some investors and collectors will lose money for something they hold dearly for 9 years...

#11 Rufus

Rufus

• Schnell! Schnell! Kartoffelkopf!

Member: 6705

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

View PostRoncanator, on Sep 12 2009, 11:35 PM, said:

I would revive the 2006 sets because they had fleshies in them and were great ships. Jabba's sail barge had heaps of minifigs and was an awesome set. Sandcrawler is huge and has so many droids. Slave 1 has boba who is one of the best minifigs ever and his ship is incredible.

I would have to say my favourite is the 10th anniversary one, I like the little cartoon minifigs

View Postprateek, on Sep 12 2009, 11:39 PM, said:

The year that had the Snowspeeder, Dagobah X-wing, and the Falcon. If I could revive any set, I'd revive the Y-wing from 2007 :thumbup:

Definitely 2006 for me - the fleshies, new blasters, and Sail Barge and Slave-I which I missed.

Hate to be pedantic, but according to my Collector's Guide, the Sandcrawler was 2005; the 4500 Snowspeeder and 4502 Dagobah X Wing were 2003 (yellow figs) whilst the 4504 Falcon was 2004 (fleshies).

Talking of which, one year NOT to resurrect would be 2004:  only one new set (Falcon), and some rehashes of Tie Fighters and old Y Wing.  Plus a load of minis.  [Edit] Oh, and the UCS Y-Wing (thanks Skipper!)

Edited by Rufus, 13 September 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#12 Skipper 24

Skipper 24

• I live in Engalnd

Member: 1851

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

I think I would have to choose 2004. Mainly because I love the UCS  Y-wing that cam out that year which I unfortunately don't own but also some other great set cam out such as the 4500 Snow Speeder and 4501 Mos Eisly Cantina.

My favourite box design is the UTE too. It looks very sleek and the boxes were also embossed too.
Posted Image <-- Thanks Hound Knight
Flickr Brickshelf

#13 Commander_Rob

Commander_Rob

Member: 3863

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

Well, I guess any year that had the original AT-AT, 4483, I wish I had that one.
2005 is not really appealing to me, there sure were nice sets but apart from the Mustafar-duel-thing I have got all of them so...
However some of the really early sets would also be nice to see again.
Just call me Rob.

#14 RepublicForces

RepublicForces

Member: 5016

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:51 AM

I would go for: 2002 or 2003.
uuuuhm, hi

Add me on Xfire my Xfire name = th3death9 :D
Add me on Xbox Live!! My Xbox Live name = Th3DeaTH9!! :D

#15 Stash2Sixx

Stash2Sixx

• I am not a girl!

Member: 3094

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:03 AM

No.

However...after some thinking I have decided to go ahead and open this thread back up.  Those of you that were upset, my apologies.  I did not plan to upset anyone, but I did have my reasons.  In the future, I will be a little bit more descriptive as to why I close a thread.

So please, feel free to contribute and answer Mos_Eisley's question.

Some people are like slinkies.  They're not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs! -Anonymous

"Life's tough...It's even tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#16 starwarsfanatic

starwarsfanatic

• Learns something new every day (almost)

Member: 7599

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

Definitely 2006. I'd love to get 6207, 6208, 6209, 6210 and 6211, as well as the re-released version of the CTT. Also, It'd give me a chance to pick up a few more X-Wing fighters to keep MISB and sell in about ten years' time.  :classic:
Oh, and by the way, I know I'm obsessed with the standard smiley. It's just easy.
I mainly use Lego to make films:
LATEST FILM: Darth Bonehead goes to Earth
NEXT FILM: Lego Doctor Who Spoof

Check out my youtube my website

#17 Mission Commander

Mission Commander

Member: 6800

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

I think 05-06 would be nice. I missed out on all of episode 3 sets and I love me some imperial inspections. :tongue:
Posted Image

#18 CloneCommanderDelta7

CloneCommanderDelta7

Member: 4742

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:10 AM

Definately 2005 as the Clone Turbo Tank, ARC-170 and Clone Scout Walker were all awesome sets.  And I don't have any of them!
"Fly for the Empire"
"Build it Right, Make it Bite"

Still Mutilating Clones or making them better.  I dunno maybe you should ask them yourself?

Links - YouTube - Brickshelf - Flickr
"If you have a PS3 and an account, then PM me & maybe I'll add you to my friends list!!!"

A very mean-looking CRF250R '10.  

#19 TheBrickHitHouse

TheBrickHitHouse

Member: 3427

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:06 PM

I am always intrested by those who express fondness for the early Star Wars sets 1999-2003

I look at them and I see sets build by the lego designers kids - not professionals. Most look nothing like the vehicle they should be (Gungan sub?) and the colours are ludicrous (AAT with a fancy BLUE theme?)

I've always thought this was deliberately aiming at 8 year olds with a new juniorised ''basic'' theme - quick to design, cheap to produce and for an undemanding market

From 2004 onwards we start to see the designers get involved but its 2005 untill we have professional sets

Just look at the difference between the original and reissued sets - Falcon, Sith Infiltrator, MTT - the originals were not designed by a lover of Lego

So anything before 2004 should stay in the past - and as i have every good set anyway i dont need any theme restored...

...but to play along - 2006 had some lovely sets with some real care and attention shown, and i wouldnt mind getting another copy of a few of those sets
It's all part of the plan....

#20 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

I actually wouldn't do any at all.

I'm ok with all the new stuff that's been coming out.

I'm more of a fleshie guy anyway so the yellow sets aren't that appealing to me.

#21 CloneCommanderDelta7

CloneCommanderDelta7

Member: 4742

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

View PostBig Cam, on Sep 30 2009, 12:03 AM, said:

I actually wouldn't do any at all.
I'm more of a fleshie guy anyway so the yellow sets aren't that appealing to me.
If Lego Star Wars ended I bet you'd take that back.  But what was your 'favourite' (digg that awesome Aussie spelling) year?

I like 'fleshie' heads better too, I can't stand both of them and have seemed to have adopted the 'fleshies' and lately (in Indiana Jones) they have become less racist which is great! (no offense intended)

Edited by CloneCommanderDelta7, 30 September 2009 - 08:56 AM.

"Fly for the Empire"
"Build it Right, Make it Bite"

Still Mutilating Clones or making them better.  I dunno maybe you should ask them yourself?

Links - YouTube - Brickshelf - Flickr
"If you have a PS3 and an account, then PM me & maybe I'll add you to my friends list!!!"

A very mean-looking CRF250R '10.  

#22 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 30 September 2009 - 01:28 PM

View PostCloneCommanderDelta7, on Sep 30 2009, 02:53 AM, said:

If Lego Star Wars ended I bet you'd take that back.  But what was your 'favourite' (digg that awesome Aussie spelling) year?

I like 'fleshie' heads better too, I can't stand both of them and have seemed to have adopted the 'fleshies' and lately (in Indiana Jones) they have become less racist which is great! (no offense intended)
I've been thinking about it and even looking on Brickset for back years, and I really can't thinkof one.

I guess if I could bring one back, in the form of a new set, I'd say 2000, 2002, or 2005

I can't decide, all those years have sets I want, but I only really want them to be remade.

Probably 2000.

#23 Zzz

Zzz

• Flick-fires the hell out of aliens!

Member: 1281

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

I would like to revive 2006 - I had all of the early sets but sold most of them when the redesigns came out. And I got a bit careless in those years. Later I noticed I am keen on the models more than on the minifigs, it is just more fun. And I would love to have the Slave I in my collection, but if the rumors are true, I might get happy next summer! (And redesigns are usually better than the older ones. Except AT-AT perhaps..) Oh and perhaps to get a Star Destroyer, then bricks for 100 Euros and modify it...

Best boxes are the 1999 ones. Different angles, small, alternative models. Just sweet. The 10th anniversary use that strange red/orange as a background on the back, terrible... And I don't like that there is the one main picture on every side of the box.
"I am Iron Man."  -  "I am Groot!"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users