Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

MOTEE Best Quotes

As our mystery has come to an end, I would like to applaud the efforts of all the cast that made the story very entertaining.

Often times, I would read a post and just begin laughing at the humor, wit, and posts shared by all of you.

That brings me to this post to recognize the more memorable and entertaining quotes.

Please feel free to share and add "who said it" here.

Pssh! We're a lynch mob, we don't need no evidence! :angry:

Let's toss over everyone who's name begins with Je, yippee! *fires her gun into the air*

For sure, this. Mine's the same as Hinck's.

Sandy, you're hilarious! :laugh:

Aww, it's over? To be honest, I feel both happy and relieved. MOTEE was a very fun game, but it's nice to get a definite ending to it after all these months.

There's still many questions left to be solved in my mind, and I'm not sure if you even intend to explain them to us, TheBrickster. First of all, who's alias was Elizabeth Rose Thornton? Why did s/he send those invitations to these specific people? Was there a traitor amongst the train crew after all? Who took George's plane in the end? So many question...

Sandy, you're hilarious! :laugh:

Heh, I try my best. :tongue: Since Eleanor seemed to rub so many people the wrong way in the beginning, I decided to go overboard with her and just let her be a loose cannon.

Oh, and there were so many precious punchlines in the game that I simply can't choose a favorite out of them. Sorry! :blush:

Oh, it's ALL OVER! *Breaks down into heaving sobs*

Oh, oh! I'd like to thank my mum, and my dad, and my hamster, Harry, who passed away *sniff* LAST MONTH! *Wails* OH, THANK YOU! I LOVE YOU, BYE!

Ahem, yeah anyway, on topic.

They must be using a constant up and down motion with steady pressure.

By the comical nutball that is Shadows! :)

Aww, it's over? To be honest, I feel both happy and relieved. MOTEE was a very fun game, but it's nice to get a definite ending to it after all these months.

There's still many questions left to be solved in my mind, and I'm not sure if you even intend to explain them to us, TheBrickster. First of all, who's alias was Elizabeth Rose Thornton? Why did s/he send those invitations to these specific people? Was there a traitor amongst the train crew after all? Who took George's plane in the end? So many question...

Heh, I try my best. :tongue: Since Eleanor seemed to rub so many people the wrong way in the beginning, I decided to go overboard with her and just let her be a loose cannon.

Oh, and there were so many precious punchlines in the game that I simply can't choose a favorite out of them. Sorry! :blush:

And who put the Croc Rod in the safe? :wacko: And how come Kill 'N' George got a job. Wouldn't he have been arrested? And why didn't he try to kill the group again? He could just get out a knife and SLICE.

because it wasn't Kill'n George. :wink:

It was just "Cafe Corner"'s chef, and TheBrickster used Kill'n George's avvie to represent him. :grin:

Edited by Striker

because it wasn't Kill'n George. :wink:

It was just "Cafe Corner"'s chef, and TheBrickster used Kill'n George's avvie to represent him. :grin:

I think it was George. He said the group was suprised at who was behind the counter.

C'mon, unbutton your shirt a little! Use what you've got. :devil:

That has to be my favorite quote. :grin: IS, you are a funny man. :laugh:

What if they don't approach you in the groin? :laugh:

:tongue: Sandy, you gave them a perfect opportunity.

Me too - I had never intended to continue so long. I can go back to my life again - Yay!

First of all, who's alias was Elizabeth Rose Thornton?

She was just a record in the town hall file room that Jennifer Chamberlain had discovered, choosing to use the name. Jennifer worked for the Mayor as a file clerk, and stumbled upon it one day.

TRIVIA: Jennifer Chamberlain was the name of Sophia Loren's character in the movie, Cassandra Crossing. - great movie by the way, and a good actress.

Why did s/he send those invitations to these specific people?

They were known detectives - that's it (and those participating in the mystery). I needed some way of starting the mystery.

Was there a traitor amongst the train crew after all? Who took George's plane in the end? So many question...

Not exactly, but yes - Jim Butcher, middle aged detective down on his luck. He was approached by a known aquaintance and hired to stop the train in Willoughby for a large sum of money (linked to Jennifer). He asked a few of the crew for assistance including Brakes making all sorts of stories up for them to help him. They were relunctant to do so, but did help.

And who put the Croc Rod in the safe?

The Mayor himself. The Crock was a gift, but the Mayor wanted to make sure it would never be used by the townies to escape.

And how come Kill 'N' George got a job. Wouldn't he have been arrested?

Kill'n George was able to get back to his airplane and fly into Auburn before you arrived. There may be a dead cook or two nearby.

And why didn't he try to kill the group again? He could just get out a knife and SLICE.

He's with you now?

No - in fact it is Kill n' George.

Any other questions, I'd be glad to answer.

I was wondering, since we were such a bunch of bumpling morons at most times, did you even have a "bad ending" in mind for the game? I mean, was there any way we could've "lost" the game? It certainly felt like we were in a train track (pun intended) towards the inevitable conclusion where the mystery would be solved.

I have nothing against that type of games with predetermined plotlines, I've participated in and even run several of them in the past, but somehow it wasn't clear from the beginning (at least to me) that this was such a game. I'm sure that whichever is the case, you must've had to improvise a whole lot to keep us in the line. :tongue:

Sorry for being a handful at times, and thanks for the great experience! :wub:

Oh, so many hilarious quotes, but these two come to mind:

Sandy:

"Pssh, we don't need a vote, we're a lynch mob!"

and Svelte:

"Here, have some chocolate covered nuts, the Schmelt in your mouth".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thnks once again for the awesome game, TB. :sweet:

Thanks for all the work you put into hosting this Brickster. I had a lot of fun.

I'm curious as to what the council could have done in order to win the game? For most of the game it was nearly impossible to kill an active player, and I don't think the detectives would just give up, so perhaps all four council members had to be on the Crocodile at the end to win?

And nobody saw that I was a Council member, but a good one :tongue:

That's interesting. How much about the other council members did you know? Did you have any unique goals in the game, or was it just to help the train passengers?

As for quotes, I don't remember anything specific, but I know I laughed at some of the things Schmelt said.

:laugh: The ending was fantastic Brickster! I never would have expected that! So does anybody want any hotdogs? :devil:

I have a question I'd like to get over with. Did Jim, Pete, and Max survive? :wacko:

Yes, we did. A rescue chopper was sent in to get us.

Sign in to follow this