TTCE: TCDD-09

3 replies to this topic

#1 cagri

cagri

• AWOL AFOL

Member: 2068

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:43 PM

ENTERED

I've been hearing about this booming train business so I stopped by to say hello. I don't usually do trains but I gave it a shot, I hope you don't criticize my creation too hard, I did my best here :) It's not a real train model, I googled train engine and checked some of the more interesting ones. This is what I came up with:

TCDD-09:
Posted Image

You may see more pictures in my Brickshelf folder (when public) or my Flickr account:
http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=400941
http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoadam/

PS. Should I post this in the main train forum as well ??

#2 aawsum

aawsum

Member: 5141

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

for a guy who doesn't do trains you did pretty well  :thumbup:
Nice moc and use of colors. Striping looks great. The "hood" is not my style, it seems a bit weard, but why not  :classic:

Good attempt in the contest

#3 Davey

Davey

• Dry Humper

Member: 6272

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:14 AM

Nice work!  You should try this 'trains' stuff more often.   :tongue:  I love the striping and the general design.  It just looks so...cute sitting there.  Nice thought of using turntable bases for the vents.  Good call!

-Dave

Posted Image
My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

============================================================

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

============================================================

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

#4 peterab

peterab

• Whacking witch hunter

Member: 6893

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:19 AM

I really like this, I'd be very proud if that was my first train Moc. The colours are great and it has a shape and details very reminiscient of American deisels.

My only sugestion is it's a little small, it could stand to be taller and wider, but since you havn't followed a real prototype I could be wrong  :classic::-)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users