Grave Stone Ghost Train

4 replies to this topic

#1 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:45 AM

Posted Image

Last year, I got busy with Wild West interest and wanted to add a train to the Grave Stone genre.  I would start with a lonely little station (the Abandoned Station) and begin delving into train MOCs, which I had never tried before.  The result was the Ghost Train collection, initially posted to the EB History & Adventure forum, since the genre related to the Wild West.

Since these creations also relate to trains, I thought I would resurrenct the sub-theme and share the entire collection here in the Train Tech Forum within a single post.

So, I give you Ghost Train - prepare to embarq for mystery...

The initial creation that started the sub-theme, the Abandoned Station.  Waiting for the Ghost Train to come can get pretty tiring, especially without dinner:

Posted Image

Out of the darkness comes a mysterious train.  Are your eyes playing tricks on you?

Posted Image

It is the Ghost Train, as real as the the flesh on your bones.  The light-up boiler draws you to the locomotive, as your heart begins to beat faster:

Posted Image

A skeleton crew maintains the train.  The eyes of Shorty McBones, the coal shoveler, glow as he's been staring at the light-up boiler for many years:

Posted Image

The first wagon designed for the Ghost Train is the Haunted Train Coach.  A glow-in-the dark apparition with yellow hands provide some humor on the "lighter side".

Posted Image

A skeletal hand can be seen coming out of the Mysterious Mail Car:

Posted Image

My favorite of the Ghost Train cars is the Frightening Freight Wagon, or should I say Fright Wagon?

Posted Image

The Witch's Shanty would provide a mysterious trackside structure.  Outside is the witch as she summons the Phantom Rider:

Posted Image

A werewolf can be heard howling in the distance near the Moonshine Still:

Posted Image

Some skeletal railroad workers are busy working their fingers to the bone:

Posted Image

And lastly, the Rickety Water Tower provides water for the Ghost Train:

Posted Image

Some additional images of the train:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the station:

Posted Image

A behind the scenes peek of the moving ghost train can also be found here.

This concludes the resurrection of Ghost Train.  I hope you enjoy!  Posted Image

#2 Thee Pirate

Thee Pirate

Member: 1026

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:13 AM

Great scott! That moonshine still is freakin awesome. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

There is a great use of a lot of parts in it. I would definitely drink some moonshine from that still, especially if it'll turn me into a werewolf.  :skull:

Wow, I'm still amazed at it.
All time favorite: the original Imperial Flagship
Modern favorite: Race for the Stolen Treasure (X5 and counting)

Set list on Brickset
flickr

#3 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:10 AM

That's spectacular, I love the story line, and the set ups are sweet.   Very nice work.

#4 AFOL12v

AFOL12v

Member: 921

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

That's funny. Looks fantastic, exspecially in the way you've done it. Looks scary.

That brings me at my death train 7725. I build this one, because a total black version is boring. So I thought, it's a train full of death and scary monsters that can bring death. I let the pic's big now. Take a look inside the train:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:04 PM

View PostThee Pirate, on Sep 6 2009, 10:13 PM, said:

Wow, I'm still amazed at it.
It's funny - the still was just a collection of loose bricks and pieces, but it got a lot of good feedback.

View PostBig Cam, on Sep 6 2009, 11:10 PM, said:

That's spectacular, I love the story line, and the set ups are sweet.
Thanks BC. Each of the creations have their own story that can be found in the Train Tech Index.  I have been thinking about puting together a small book of all the Grave Stone creations.

View PostPanda9001100, on Sep 7 2009, 01:07 AM, said:

That brings me at my death train 7725.
In 12V style, I like it!  I find it very difficult to work with all black pieces, esp. when photographing.  I like the different monsters aboard the Death Train, esp. the Mummy.
I actually had one more train wagon that I never shared which was an Egyptian Display boxcar. It didn't come out well, so I never posted a picture.  Perhaps I'll look for it and post.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users