WesternOutlaw

Bridges & Crossings

What is your favorite Lego bridge or crossing?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Lego bridge or crossing?

• 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins - 1999
    • 6078 Royal Drawbridge - 1995
    • 6089 Stone Tower - 1998
    • 6071 Forestmen's Crossing - 1990
    • 6278/6292 Enchanted Island -94/01 (or other pirate set)
    • 6490 Amazon Crossing - 1997
    • 6552 Rocky River Retreat - 1993
    • 6584 Extreme Team Challenge - 1998
    • 7417 Temple of Mt. Everest - 2003
    • 8778 Border Ambush - 2004

From the crocodile infested Australian Outback to the highest mountains of Mt. Everest, bridges and crossings have been used throughout many Lego themes. Ninja armies, Royal Knights, Blackbeard's marauding pirates, Forestmen, Johny Thunder, Santis the Strong, Croc Dundee, and other fool-hearty adventurers made their way over these treacherous bridges and crossings :() . Do you have a favorite?

I've tried to select a good mix of sets with bridges and crossings from different themes. I had to eliminate a few, esp. from the Pirate theme that has a few different sets with bridges. If there's a much better pirate set than Enchanted Island with a bridge, vote for it and list (Phes).

I enjoy looking at these past sets and only have a few myself. If you have the set or not, vote for what you like. As always, these are all great sets and sorry if I may have excluded any personal favorites.

legobrisdges.jpg

For me, this is far more difficult than your fortress poll (BF Fortress was a clear winner for me). I like 6089, 7417, and 6071 alot. All three of these sets are great examples of LEGO bridges. Each set is well constructed and approximately the same size (6089 is a tad bigger though). In the end, 6071 edged it out for me, as I really liked the forestmen theme. The forestwoman is also an added bonus. All and all, a great trio of sets!

Later.

My choice is Stone Tower Bridge followed by Forestmen's Crossing and Rocky River Retreat. I remember having Stone Tower in my hands at a local ToysRUs. I couldn't decide between Robber's Retreat (6088) and the bridge. Neadless to say, I chose Robber's Retreat instead.

I don't own any of the Forestmen sets but the crossing looks great. Rocky River Retreat would fit in to the Wild West theme nicely (just need to nix the truck). Very nice sets.

:P Rocky river : the set I never had a perfect baseplate. Not to mention it would have been easy to play mcguyver with this set

From the crocodile infested Australian Outback

Ahem...Steriotype.

Anyway, I'd say Rocky River Retreat. If only I had it, though... :oD

6071..Forestman are just too nice... Although im a pirate head (Remember I have a wooden leg) "Argg!" I would vote for pirates but a few of these sets are too good for them (Sorry Mister Phes)

Edit: I would also like to say that Amazon crossing looks like one of the worst sets LEGO ever made...

I would also like to say that Amazon crossing looks like one of the worst sets LEGO ever made...

I've got it. It's not a bad set, honestly. The Outback sets were pretty good. The airstrip is a neat little set too.

I dont wanna sound annoying, but can we please have a pic of some of the sets. Not just for me, but for other people too who don't know some of the sets.

EDIT: oh sorry I didn't realise that big pic with all the sets on them there. *sigh* it refuses to load the image until right now, when i've already asked for the pics.

Nice topic by the way. ;)

Oh no! Not another Brickster survey :D

Using the "Other pirate set" option lumped in with Enchanted Island I choose...

6249 Pirate's Ambush

6249-1.jpg

Little do those foolish pirates know the Inquisition is aware that is a trap and is sending a volunteer to disarm it before reinforcements storm them!

Why is it a strange choice Mr Brickster? It looks like a bridge or crossing to me... More inventive that the crossing in Enchanted Island I think!

It doesn't look like that good a set, esp. compared to some of the other pirate sets containing the bridge piece (like 6273 Rock Island Refuge, 6281 Pirate's Perilous Pitfall, or 6270 Forbidden Island). They all look like better sets (at least in my opinion) - although those brown wall pieces would provide useful for expanding Fort Legoredo, ha, ha. |-D

All the other pirate sets with bridges contain bridges that are made with one rope bridge piece. The reason I chose Pirates Ambush is because it strays from that and the bridge also has the ability to drop down and act as a net. So I'm basing my opinion on functionality rather than asthetics or how good the overall set is.

All the other pirate sets with bridges contain bridges that are made with one rope bridge piece. The reason I chose Pirates Ambush is because it strays from that and the bridge also has the ability to drop down and act as a net. So I'm basing my opinion on functionality rather than asthetics or how good the overall set is.

OK, a unique choice. I can appreciate the originality.

Since we mentioned the pirate sets not included, also not listed in the choices is a set I had never seen before, 6563 Gator's Landing (1996) - a very neat set. I did not include because of it's similarity to Rocky River Retreat and Amazon Crossing. It's a simple set, but also pretty nice.

6563-1.jpg

i voted for royal drawbridge because it was one of my first sets. but it was a hard choice i love the nija sets

I am surprised by the number of votes for Border Ambush as opposed to Temple of Mt. Everest. The temple is a pretty nice set with some unique colors and pieces.