Shock Stormtrooper in LEGO ad!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 The Crazy One

The Crazy One

Member: 3823

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

Don't be too hard on him. I share the same view on this as ADHO15, he did have good intent when posting this, and it is clearly a Red Shock Trooper patern on a Stormtrooper, and as no one else had pointed it out before, he did good to point it out to us, I certainly wouldn't have noticed.  :classic:  

And he is right, there weren't any sets with this figure in, so there wasn't any proof it wasn't going to be used at a later date.

Thanks FORCES for pointing this out to me, as I might have a go at making one now.  :tongue:

Edited by The crazy one, 05 September 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#27 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

I am not trying to be 'hard' on him.
All I'm asking is what his point is in posting this.
It's an old commercial and we've seen plenty of mistakes in ads and magazines, so I was just wondering.
At first I didn't even have a clue as to what he was talking about and for that I am sorry.
Eventhough I still think he could have been a little more elaborate in his initial post.
Posting a defect YouTube link and nothing to really explain the why's and how's kinda makes it difficult I would say.
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

#28 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:11 PM

View PostKimT, on Sep 5 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

Your point being?  I don't get it. You see an old commercial, it has an unreleased fig and then you start a topic on it. Are we going to have topics on everything in the LEGO Star Wars commercials that doesn't exist as a regular fig or set?
amen to that, its a cool commercial.  Mistakes can happen.  I had'nt seen it yet, so thanks to the original poster.

#29 The Crazy One

The Crazy One

Member: 3823

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:22 PM

View PostKimT, on Sep 6 2009, 12:05 AM, said:

I am not trying to be 'hard' on him.
All I'm asking is what his point is in posting this.
It's an old commercial and we've seen plenty of mistakes in ads and magazines, so I was just wondering.
At first I didn't even have a clue as to what he was talking about and for that I am sorry.
Eventhough I still think he could have been a little more elaborate in his initial post.
Posting a defect YouTube link and nothing to really explain the why's and how's kinda makes it difficult I would say.

He might not have known it was old.....okay, I am going a little far in his defence but you have to make a little allowance with these things. I have never seen this commercial, so I have no idea if its new or old, so I am happy that he brought it to my attention.   :wink:

I think this topic should be closed now as it has just become an argument over an '' old '' commercial.  :grin:

Edited by The crazy one, 05 September 2009 - 11:23 PM.

#30 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:31 AM

Well thats pretty strange that hes got the shock trooper marks but on a stormie body :sceptic:. Its also weird that you can see the speeder in the clone battle pack aswell. Poor work from whoever animated this for lego :sadnew:

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

#31 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:52 AM

I'm guessing they didn't want to pay the artists to model another character (or they didn't have enough time or whatever) but still wanted to do some sub-advertising for the BP. Sure, not a very good job, but not all that strange either.
But I guess we will never know for sure, so this discussion is kinda pointless. :sadnew:

#32 Jesper

Jesper

Member: 833

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

Well, maybe this discussion is over, but saturday night I was bored, and made this:

Posted Image

It is a nice minifig after all.  :pir-wub:

#33 KimT

KimT

• Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith

Member: 101

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

Indeed it is.
Thanks for capturing those pics for us Jesper.
No topic is ever over :laugh:
I wish they'd done this one for us.
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users