Derek

Some legitmate evidence for the return of HP...

As some of you may have noticed on Brickset today, there was a link to an article about how Lego is considering taking some of TT's designs from the new Harry Potter video game, and making some more sets.

Link to (article on :wink:) Harry Potter Fansite

Link to Interview with Arthur Parson of TT games

I was debating between posting this in an old Harry Potter thread were people might not see it, or designating a new topic, where legitimate discussion could take place, instead of speculation. :wink:

-darthperson

Edited by darthperson

Special parts for Harry Potter are expensive to make. The license to produce Harry Potter sets ain't cheap too. If the balance is losing money, it's logic to stop with it. I don't expect that Lego will produce it again, allthough I really looking forward to it. And again, there're rumors.

Starwars makes money for Lucas and Lego, so it's not logic to stop with this.

Special parts for Harry Potter are expensive to make. The license to produce Harry Potter sets ain't cheap too. If the balance is losing money, it's logic to stop with it. I don't expect that Lego will produce it again, allthough I really looking forward to it. And again, there're rumors.

Lego still has the license to make Harry Potter sets.

I was debating between posting this in an old Harry Potter thread were people might not see it, or designating a new topic, where legitimate discussion could take place, instead of speculation. :wink:

Thanks for these links, darthperson. It seems to add fuel to the article that Christian posted in the other locked thread. Maybe you could also add a link to that article in your first post?

To borrow a KimT-ism, let's stay 'on target' and engage in discussion rather than speculation in this new thread.

Thanks!

Thanks for these links, darthperson. It seems to add fuel to the article that Christian posted in the other locked thread. Maybe you could also add a link to that article in your first post?

I should have made it clearer before (I just edited it to say so), but the article was on the Harry Potter fansite that I linked to. :wink:

I'm hoping for some good sets and new figures out of this, the game trailer looked great!

Edited by darthperson

Hooray, at least we have a source saying that LEGO Harry Potter might be revived! :classic:

And for those of you that are wondering about the e-mail I sent to LEGO Customer Service (in the previous thread that was closed), they replied with this response (which was not what I asked):

Dear *insert name here*

Thank you for contacting us on 09/01/09 and for your interest in LEGO® brand products.

The LEGO Harry Potter â„¢ products you inquired about have been discontinued from our current product line and we do not expect to receive additional inventory at this time. Each year, several items are discontinued and new ones added. By doing this, we provide a product line with more variety and continuing challenges to our LEGO builders.

We do hope that one of the many new items included in our current retail and Shop At Home product lines will appeal to the LEGO enthusiast in your home. LEGO products are sold in national chain stores such as Kmart, Toys R Us, Walmart and Target Stores to ensure that they are readily available to consumers. I am sorry; we do not retain the retail stores inventory. If, for some reason, you're unable to locate a particular current set at retail, you may call this direct order telephone line, 800-453-4652, for price information and a free catalog. You can also order items on line now at www.lego.com.

Thank you again for contacting us. We wish your family many happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

JoAnn

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

:wacko:

LEGO Customer Service doesn't know much about what the other sections of the LEGO Group are doing, since my original question was something like this:

With the release of the LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 video game, I was wondering if you are planning on reviving the LEGO Harry Potter theme with new sets in 2010.
:tongue:

And for those of you that are wondering about the e-mail I sent to LEGO Customer Service (in the previous thread that was closed), they replied with this response (which was not what I asked):

Someone should send an email playing stupid and ask about the new Disney line and see what response you get...

We already have confirmation, even pictures, of the Disney lines. If the Customer Service rep gives that same response, then they obviously don't know what they are talking about...

Hello there. :classic:

Since there hasn't really been any thread like this (or not that I know of) I thought I'd start one, considering all the rumors of the line possibly continuing in a year. Here is one of the more recent evidences: Link

From the report:

"Arthur also said in response to another question that Lego are actually turning some of the ideas that TT came up with into toys, and are actually re-launching the Harry Potter range to coincide with the game and what is in it."

Also, in case you haven't heard, this was also recently confirmed by Lego's customer service, and in an interview with someone from TLC in an article in a danish news paper some time ago (translated using google translator: Link)

I personally am starting to believe this rumor, and I'm very happy about it. :sweet: It just makes sense, considering that the videogame will spawn the interest in HP sets and that TLC would want to meet this demand. I can also believe the above statement that the videogame will inspire the set designers for new sets. Just look at the recent wave of Indiana Jones sets! They are clearly based on the videogame and turned out really good. So, I'm being very optimistic about this.

So go ahead and discuss, but please stay on-topic and be mature. We don't want this to end up like the last thread. :wink:

May the - uhm - magic be with you? :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I'd be exhilarated if the Harry Potter theme would make a comeback, but I'll believe it only when I see it.

Rumors are always rumors, so many of them prove to be false.

It's the 'realest' rumour we've had so far. Sounds interesting. I for one hope very much TLC will re-launch the HP line. TLC've stopped and re-launched their own Pirates line and there was a gap (for obvious reasons) between the Spider-Man 1 and 2 sets. So in theory, they could re-launch it. And it sounds like they'd be doing it to tie-in with the game. Could that mean fleshie characters from Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets?

Here's hoping it's true. I'd be first in line at the toy store / Shop @ Home!

Well to be honest, I'm only hoping LEGO will bring back Harry Potter sets. Not sure if I'll ever see it happen. I can't imagine that the sets wouldn't sell. I bought a fair amount of my LEGO hp at retail prices, but only because it was the second version of an allready produced set. Remember, there were 2 trains, 2 hagrids huts. Hope it's true, but I won't believe it till I see some pics or something like that.

Someone should send an email playing stupid and ask about the new Disney line and see what response you get...

We already have confirmation, even pictures, of the Disney lines. If the Customer Service rep gives that same response, then they obviously don't know what they are talking about...

I sent them a question saying this:

Hi

I have heard rumours of a lego disney line and am asking you if this is true?

Thanks

I wonder what they will reply.

As some of you may have noticed on Brickset today, there was a link to an article about how Lego is considering taking some of TT's designs from the new Harry Potter video game, and making some more sets.

Arthur Parson says LEGO are "actually re-launching the Harry Potter range", not "considering" it. That article was only posted the other day, so it could well reflect developments that have happened at LEGO since the HP '10 was closed.

BTW, shun the non-believers I say! If you only want to come here to grumble or shut down threads where a bunch of LEGO HP fans are hoping for more HP sets, don't come here at all.

Hopefully they'll keep to one generic castle and expand on that instead of expanding from that film specific castle. Oh and I hope they refrain from using any more cardboard, ruined the Diagon Alley and the original Hagrid's Hut set(s).

Dear ...,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am afraid but we cannot confirm you anything regarding the launch of a Disney/Lego range.

The best way to get sneak previews of our toys is to join the LEGO club, it's free! We'll even send you five LEGO magazines a year!

All you need to do is go to www.LEGOclub.com and sign up, or call one of our experts on 00800 5346 5555 and let them know you want to join.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Kind Regards,

Sylvia Vaillant

LEGO Direct

There is what they replied so they are probably just not allowed to say anything about new products.

Edited by Eskallon

The best way to get sneak previews of our toys is to join the LEGO club, it's free! We'll even send you five LEGO magazines a year!

Clearly they are wrong here, so they probably don't really get that much useful information at all, as far as 2010 sets goes.

There is what they replied so they are probably just not allowed to say anything about new products.

That is very interesting...

I actually think that there is a good chance we will see Harry Potter sets. The Half-Blood Prince will be coming on DVD in a few months, anticipation will start to build for the Deathly Hallows movies in the upcoming years, and the game will be coming out. 3 possible reasons for a return.

They could do one of those Toy Story/Indy things where they release sets from the old movies in the winter/spring, and release a line of the new movie for the summer/fall. :classic:

Considering we are getting pieces of evidence from a few different places, and it seems realistic, I am officially getting my hopes up. :wink:

-darthperson

EDIT: Thanks for the merge.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well, I guess it's almost beyond doubt that we'll se a comeback of Harry Potter next year. But thats just about all we know. The question is in what form and where they'll be released. From what I've been hearing about this I'm thinking that the sets mentioned are either "just" promos or won't be released world wide. :sceptic:

A month ago, I could only dream of the Harry Potter sets being revived, as I am now a HP fan, and the Lego sets were discontinued before I became a Lego fanatic. But with all these sources saying that HP sets will return, I have my hopes high and I cannot wait 'till 2010. I think the sets would sell wonderfully, especially if they aren't just concentrating on the new movies, but on the earlier years like in the video game.

Cool! I used to like the HP sets a lot, but when the Goblet of Fire movie had only 4 sets, I was sort of surprised. Then Order of the Phoniex came out with only 1 set, I realised it was dead.

I'm happy they are bringing it back, but are they continuing it, or re-releasing it? If they continue it, I hope they have some more OotP sets.

I'm all for the return of the HP lines. Some of the sets would look good updated. I got the sorting hat set in the paper and i thought it was a nice little set.

Unfortunately the entire range occurred during my dark ages so wasn't able to get any other sets.