______

Talk Like a Pirate Day! - The build up!

My Facebook is set to English (Pirate) so every day for me is Talk Like a Pirate day. :pir_laugh2:

I'm pretty stoked, but disappointed because it's on a Saturday. More fun when it's on a school day.

My Facebook is set to English (Pirate) so every day for me is Talk Like a Pirate day. :pir_laugh2:

I'm pretty stoked, but disappointed because it's on a Saturday. More fun when it's on a school day.

I was unaware of settings like these, I'll have to check it out.

There'll be a surprise or two from Classic-Pirates too :pir-wink:

OOoohh, in for this

Thanks for the info.

@Vladsimpaler: So do I, I also have Google set as it too.

Another option I was unaware of.

Arrr, 'tis bonny news ye bring matey!

Thanks for the info.

@Vladsimpaler: So do I, I also have Google set as it too.

I must go an' find these here settin' fer me self!

HARHARHAR! :jollyroger:

i was looking at that download page... IT DONT WORK!! it wont let me look at the iron ons, which i want some to make my own piratey lego shirt :jollyroger: because lego doesnt make any...(yeah they do, but not up for sale...)

anyways... just wondering if anyone else has this problem.... i use mozilla firefox(just got it, dont know alot about it), not sure if this has anything to do with it.. but it might.

I was tempted to put some of the mod's real faces on the pirates but..... ic ould do it if you guys really want to see it but you guys pic the mods. I'm probably not going to set my text to pirate. Lego is probably tring to bost sales.

I was tempted to put some of the mod's real faces on the pirates but..... ic ould do it if you guys really want to see it but you guys pic the mods. I'm probably not going to set my text to pirate. Lego is probably tring to bost sales.

Those jerks! How dare a business try and improve their sales. What's wrong with them, it's like they have to pay bills and feed themselves and their families. :pir-hmpf_bad:

That Quest for R2 was just a big commercial. This is a real event but Lego is promoting Pirates with it. I might star using pirate lingo when I post here which isn't that often. One of my teachers was obessed with pirates and taught the class some lingo which I vaugely remember.

One of my teachers was obessed with pirates and taught the class some lingo which I vaugely remember.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm a teacher and every year on September 19 I celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day. It's too bad that it happens on Saturday this year, as it's something the kids usually enjoy doing.

For anyone's who's interested, these are the guys that started the holiday:

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

:jollyroger:

Talk like a Pirate day isnt this Saturday, its Saturday 19th, and i am definately looking forward to it

i was also unaware of the pirate languauge feature on facebook, im off to fix that on mine right now :pir-classic:

any1 else using the pirate language on facebook getting weird slashes and numbers comin up in text where they shouldnt be

eg something like: ahoy m/68ateys

Last year I did have a great day talking like a pirate with my friends online. I did use the AV Voice Changer Software to change my real voice into many different pirate voices. It’s a great memory. I am gonna do it this year. :pir-cry_happy:

any1 else using the pirate language on facebook getting weird slashes and numbers comin up in text where they shouldnt be

eg something like: ahoy m/68ateys

No man, that's weird. It looks normal for me.. well, as normal as Pirate English can look :pir_laugh2:

Ive Known about national talk like a pirate day for 2 years now :pir_laugh2: I was suprised to see the lego magazine and website mentioned it! It realy has become more popular. (My mom doesnt think it exists :pir-tongue: )

Indeed International Talk Like A Pirate Day does exist. Classic-Pirates.com has some solid proof in something very exciting coming up on the day... :pir-classic:

Ah yes, that's right Captain Zuloo. You have a special treat for everybody don't you? :monkey:

Indeed I do! Whatever change is in my right pocket for whoever can guess what it is! :pir_laugh2:

Indeed I do! Whatever change is in my right pocket for whoever can guess what it is! :pir_laugh2:

hmmm is the ammount worth the trouble of tryin to guess what it is?

hmmm is the ammount worth the trouble of tryin to guess what it is?

Not at the moment - boxers don't have pockets. :pir_laugh2:

But you'll enjoy it. Have a great Talk Like A Pirate Day everyone! :pir-classic: