• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 legoboy3998

legoboy3998

Member: 7237

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:48 AM

Posted Image

Hello all,

I have designed a locomotive in LDD and now I just need to create som decals.  I was wondering has anyone had any success with doin this?  Or, does anyone know a good place to find plain * 1/2" x 11" glossy white and clear decal type paper suitable for inkjet printers?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sal
Milwaukee, WI
USA

#2 TaltosVT

TaltosVT

• RAILBRICKS editor

Member: 1003

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:11 AM

View Postlegoboy3998, on Aug 29 2009, 10:48 PM, said:

Hello all,

I have designed a locomotive in LDD and now I just need to create som decals.  I was wondering has anyone had any success with doin this?  Or, does anyone know a good place to find plain * 1/2" x 11" glossy white and clear decal type paper suitable for inkjet printers?  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sal
Milwaukee, WI
USA

There was a thread about this topic on the Trains-n-Town forum a while back.  You might find some information there.  My own experiences are posted in that thread.

I've had luck finding clear and white sticker paper in office supply stores such as Staples around here.  For decal paper, I used some from the Testors model company that were made for applying to plastic model car kits.  I had some success with that, but I found it hard to find in large quantities.

-Elroy

#3 JopieK

JopieK

• Kneecap Buster

Member: 1180

Posted 30 August 2009 - 07:15 AM

We print it on transparant polyester using a special printer (that is used in printing shops) (examples at our ministickers site).
Unfortuntely printing white seems to stay difficult even with such a device and special ink.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help?Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

-== Classic LEGO trains are the best ==-

Do you need replacement stickers for LEGO (reproductions and customs): ministickers.nl

What then about the LEGuanO?!

#4 ConductorPete

ConductorPete

Member: 6771

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

I been thinking of designs for train decals and maybe we could design a grafitti decal for an old grey underground train
Posted Image
ATTENTION: VOICEOVERS FOR CHARACTERS NEEDED IN LEGO CITY RAILS AND THE MURDER MYSTERY!

MY LIST
7895 - Switching Track
7896 - Straight & Curved Rails
7897 - Passenger Train
10182 - Cafe Corner
10185 - Green Grocer
626 - Large Green Baseplate
7280 - Straight & Crossroad Plates
7281 - T-Junction & Curved Road Plates

#5 Davey

Davey

• Dry Humper

Member: 6272

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

Stacy and I generally use waterslide decal paper from either Vita-Cal or Testors.  The decal paper comes in both transparent and white.  You can usually find these at Hub Hobby, Hobby Lobby, or other local hobby stores.  

If you need to print white graphics (or are placing the decal on a dark colored element), you will have to use the white paper...which in my opinion does not seem to work as well as the transparent.  I should say I have not had good luck printing with an inkjet on the white paper.  I'm not sure why though.  If you are printing only colors and are putting the decal over a lighter color (tan, white, yellow, light gray, lime, orange, etc.) then you can use the transparent paper.  You can see some examples of decals we have made below.  I think everything below used transparent decal paper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope this helps.

-Dave

Posted Image
My Setlist // Dave's MOCPage // Stacy's MOCPage // ToT-LUG Photostream // Brickshelf Gallery // Our Blog

============================================================

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

============================================================

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy?"

"And you don't want to be here in the future...so you say the present is just a pleasant...interruption to the past."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users