Is it time for a new Makuta?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Deinonychus

Deinonychus

• Civil Rights Activist

Member: 518

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:51 AM

I was working through my backlog of Bionicle sets today and from that, got around to finally putting Roodaka together. After I finished her I got to thinking...
With all the larger Bionicle sets in the past couple years like Krekka, Sidorak, Roodaka, Ketongu, and Nihdiki...and with sets like Axxon and Brutaka coming up, wouldn't it follow that sometime soon we should probably get a new, bigger, and better dedicated Makuta set?
Sure, the "Ultimate Dume" Makuta is pretty big and quite a bit more elaborate from the Mask of Light set, but it's still not a dedicated "designed to be so" Makuta set. And compared to some of the Titans and Dark Hunters we've gotten recently, that original Makuta isn't as menacing as he used to be.
I'm thinking something in the $50 range. Big, with lots of articulation points and wicked claws, perhaps some huge wings. Or even further, make him the biggest Bionicle figure set to date...around the $70 price point with something like 1000 pieces.

But that's just my view Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 JINZONINGEN73

JINZONINGEN73

• Da Mecha Bay

Member: 516

Posted 29 December 2005 - 07:38 AM

I think I heard he's in 2006's storyline somewhere, but I doubt there'll be a new version until at least the 4th quarter, if ever.
It looks like Lego's Bionicle division used alot of the bullets in their gun to give the late 2005 / 2006 lines a higher level of quality. And probably went over budget, too.  :oD  

I'm hoping they don't return to Makuta though.
He's been around too long, most of the time in a weak appearance.
Hiding in a cave, getting stuck in a block of red amber, playing a GAME of Bionicle hockey instead of fighting... blech.
Too many limp-wristed appearances. And the original set was childishly ugly in design and even more lazily executed in configuration.

It'd be better to have a real dangerous / more creative / better looking enemy show up.
Too many sissy experiences with Makuta kinda' killed his image.
If fluoride isn't dangerous, why was it added to the water in the Russian gulags and by the Germans during world war 2 to make the prisoners "apathetic" to what was going on around them?
Posted Imagehttp://www.astralwer...ix/default.html Posted Image

#3 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:19 AM

JINZONINGEN 73, on Dec 29 2005, 02:38 AM, said:

I think I heard he's in 2006's storyline somewhere, but I doubt there'll be a new version until at least the 4th quarter, if ever.
It looks like Lego's Bionicle division used alot of the bullets in their gun to give the late 2005 / 2006 lines a higher level of quality. And probably went over budget, too.  :oD  

I'm hoping they don't return to Makuta though.
He's been around too long, most of the time in a weak appearance.
Hiding in a cave, getting stuck in a block of red amber, playing a GAME of Bionicle hockey instead of fighting... blech.
Too many limp-wristed appearances. And the original set was childishly ugly in design and even more lazily executed in configuration.

It'd be better to have a real dangerous / more creative / better looking enemy show up.
Too many sissy experiences with Makuta kinda' killed his image.
I'm not a real fan of bionicle, but from what I know, he's the established "bad guy" in that universe.  In that case, they need to make him have a REALLY strong, evil, and menacing appearance

#4 Kahgarak

Kahgarak

Member: 514

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

It had been confirmed by Greg on BZP that Makuta will not be in the 2006 storyline.

#5 Zane

Zane

• aka Toa Tilius !!

Member: 491

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, but he's the same guy that said Takua wasn't the 7th Toa.......

Give us a big, bulky Roodaka-sized Makuta set, that could be....25 and it'd be fine...

TT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users