Star_Wars_Rules

6211 Imperial Star Destroyer Review

This was a review I did a while back on fbtb. I did do a search for a review here but couldn't find one. So I have added it here.

Look 9/10

Likeness to film 9/10 looks like the real deal but get's 9 because of only 2 cannons per side.

Build #5/10 and *10/10 let me explain.

#The 5 is in regards to the triangle underside you make with a crap load of bley and dark plates. It is very weak and breaks at the slightest push. You can fix it, like I did by reinforcing the underside with other plates or in my case I used long technic white and grey "sticks" so they matched wth the rest of it.

*The 10 is for the actual body and bridge superstructure. Granted the bridge doesn't quite have the right look but it is far better than the underside as stated above. Pure genius on lego's part for using technic to create the internal triangle frame of which everything connects to. Plus once it is all put together it looks great.

Price per parts. 10/10. Even though it was $180 AUD it has as you all know alot of parts and the minifigs which including a tarkin fig that is not available in other sets.

Swoosh factor -1 to 0/10 as the thing is just way too big to do that. It is best used as a playset or display. If you reinforce the underside at the correct points then 8/10.

Here it is.....

100_0543.jpg

Without the bridge on......

100_0544.jpg

A look inside at the back section, I wonder who we will see?

100_0546.jpg

Now the front inside

100_0545.jpg

Reinforced underside shots

Under the nose

100_1126.jpg

Hanger bay

100_1127.jpg

Between the hanger and rear section

100_1128.jpg

At the rear

100_1129.jpg

Looking down at the escape pod and hanger bay

100_1155.jpg

The escape pod opened up

100_1153.jpg

Edited by Star_Wars_Rules

Please try resizing and embedding the images, it makes for a more fun review for us :wink:

Your review is somewhat confusing. You either over rate or under rate each category. This is just my opinion though.

Please read how to deeplink images so we don't have to click the links to see each image. Please read the tutorials on how to make a great review. I'm sure your next one will be great. You might want to try a smaller and cleaner set next time. I don't see this set (star destroyer) as a good first review set.

Thank you for sharing. :classic:

Your review is somewhat confusing. You either over rate or under rate each category. This is just my opinion though.

Please read how to deeplink images so we don't have to click the links to see each image. Please read the tutorials on how to make a great review. I'm sure your next one will be great. You might want to try a smaller and cleaner set next time. I don't see this set (star destroyer) as a good first review set.

Thank you for sharing. :classic:

I was refering to the base's construction. As it is very unstable. But once reinforced then it is far easier to swoosh around.

I think your review is alright but I think you should

1. try resizing you're images, here's a link to a good site i'm using Image Optimizer

2. should expand and try elaborating more on what you thought of the set.

Good try though, and welcome to Eurobricks!

This was a review I did a while back on fbtb. I did do a search for a review here but couldn't find one. So I have added it here.

Did you try looking in the Star Wars Review Index?

If you had, then you'd found this:

6211.gif 6211 Imperial Star Destroyer Review 2

If you need to learn how to resize and stuff like that, then just follow the link in my signature.

When deeplinking images, you need to click this rte-image-button.png

Or just add the

[img=URL]

yourself.

And that'll do just what you're looking for.

Remember to deepclick the picture if you are deeplinking from Brickshelf.

- click the picture twice from the BS folder.

Welcome to Eurobricks Star_Wars_Rules!

I have to agree with the others, reading a topic with links or with deeplinked pictures is a big diffrence.

As to your review; I was watching your pictures and saw some personally added features, a.k.a. MODS.

I think a review should contain the set as it was released by TLC. That's why it's a review.

Of course you could add some other pictures with improvements you made yourself as well, but if you do than explain to us what you changed.

Just a thought.

Please try resizing and embedding the images, it makes for a more fun review for us :wink:

agreed, if you take all the time to do a good review, at least make it presentable for the forum.

Fixed and resized pics. Also in regards to the mods, they were only small in regards to some cosmetic changes on the topside. The underside is where I really went to town as such to reinforce the underside from falling apart. The underside shots were taken using my webcam as at the time I didn't have a digital camera. The topside shots were taken with a digital camera as you can tell.

Fixed and resized pics. Also in regards to the mods, they were only small in regards to some cosmetic changes on the topside. The underside is where I really went to town as such to reinforce the underside from falling apart. The underside shots were taken using my webcam as at the time I didn't have a digital camera. The topside shots were taken with a digital camera as you can tell.

I personally would have waiting untol the digital camera was available again, the webcam pics are horribly grainy.

Good try for a first review. Nice to see you resized and deeplinked the pictures, but the ones taken with a webcam are quite grainy and hard to see. I think it would have been better for you to start off with a smaller set, as well. May I suggest you try out the Eurobricks Reviewer's Academy? It will definitely help with your pictures, as well as your overall review structure. :classic:

Thanks for deeplinking and resizing the pics :thumbup:

Quite annoying to make anything from the mobile/webcam pics :laugh: