Enlighten and Kazi Police sets (Lego Clones)

33 replies to this topic

#1 lampuair

lampuair

Member: 6280

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

Hi, this is my first thread in Eurobricks forum. Went on a buying spree of these clone sets 2 months ago, the quality is really amazing especially the Enlighten Bricks.

I will share some pictures here.

preview pic, police trucks. more pictures to come. :classic:

Posted Image

#2 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Grumpy moo

Member: 4757

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

Hi, quick heads up:

Most users hate clones and bootlegs. Some users (like my self) are ok with them, but we chat about them in the Community Forum.

I am sure a mod can move this topic there or merge it with an older one?

I find Enlighten a bit off myself, because it is a clear Lego rip-off (steals set designs etc) but it is a cheaper option to the real deal... I prefer clones to rips.

By the By, Why don't you head over to "Hello! My name is.." forum and introduce yourself?

Edit: Many added things

Edited by Peppermint_M, 25 August 2009 - 09:49 PM.

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Tesni Hightribe

#3 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:04 PM

Which is Enlighten? The white one looks okay. I might have to check out Enlighten for myself :oh3:

#4 Spyder

Spyder

• Minifig Identikit

Member: 5419

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:37 PM

View Postprateek, on Aug 25 2009, 06:04 PM, said:

Which is Enlighten? The white one looks okay. I might have to check out Enlighten for myself :oh3:

They are both enlighten, and don't ever say those words again, or you might get banned. :angry:  :tongue:
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Long Live The Nizam!

Quoting Charlieboy:

Be carefull playing lego in the nude,those small parts can get everywhere!!!

#5 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

• Beep beep!

Member: 2351

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:10 AM

lampuair,

Eurobricks is a LEGO Forum discussion. Specific LEGO themes, catered in Eurobricks, are only for official LEGO themes, or non-official themes that are closely related that are based on LEGO Bricks.

I will move this away and placed it in the Community for further discussion.  

Welcome to Eurobricks.

WhiteFang

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)

#6 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

• Has a ball of string and isn't afraid to use it

Member: 586

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:07 AM

Can't we all just get along??!! :tongue:
Calm down... HAVE SOME DIP!

If at first you don't succeed,........ Then skydiving is not for you!

Check it out! www.emergencybricks.com

#7 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

• Grumpy moo

Member: 4757

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

Heh, remember friends, here any brand that isn't Lego is a dirty word.

I shall now post more fully about these "Enlighten":  Enlighten are full on Bootleg bricks, any elements they use that aren't the same as Lego have been stolen from Cobi/Bestlock or OXFORD. Their set designs are also pinched from Lego's back catalogue.

I think I explained my defenition of Clone and of Bootleg but I shall repeat:

A Clone is a set that uses brick based construction to create unique building sets on a variety of themes : Best-Lock has TOWN, GIRL, PIRATE, ARMY and DINOSUARS plus Hummer. Cobi has Maclaren Mercedes, Romans vs Barbarians, Pirates, Small Army and Jeep. Oxford seems to make a great line of Korean history and some landmarks. Megablocks is well known. These brands aren't Lego and they sometimes have a sligtly lower quality than the brand we know and love. However these clones are cheaper to buy and have interesting themes (some which Lego won't do or have not done yet) and some elements unique to the brand that Lego do not have. I buy clones and build with them, I use their unique elements with my Lego (if it fits well).

Bootlegs, like Brick and Enlighten are completely stolen. Their elements are taken from a variety of sources and set designs from Lego more often than not. They use brand confusion to shift their wares and are often very good clones of a set(I have a "Power Racer" and it looks just like the Lego set). Those sets look very nice and are cheaper but I don't like to buy 'em because of their illegality.

Ho hum, just my "Two Cents"

If there was no such thing as science; you'd be right.

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

Tesni Hightribe

#8 paanjang16

paanjang16

Member: 6330

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

View Postlampuair, on Aug 26 2009, 04:55 AM, said:

Hi, this is my first thread in Eurobricks forum. Went on a buying spree of these clone sets 2 months ago, the quality is really amazing especially the Enlighten Bricks.

I will share some pictures here.

preview pic, police trucks. more pictures to come. :classic:

Wow, both of them are KO? :wacko:  They actually KOed the new police command center 7743 already??

I know Enlighten KOed the command center on the right, but I never thought they would KO the new command center!

#9 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:23 PM

View Postpaanjang16, on Aug 26 2009, 09:10 AM, said:

Wow, both of them are KO? :wacko: They actually KOed the new police command center 7743 already??

I know Enlighten KOed the command center on the right, but I never thought they would KO the new command center!

It only takes one set purchased to copy it.

Fools should be put in jail for stealing from LEGO. :alien:

#10 lampuair

lampuair

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

View Postpaanjang16, on Aug 26 2009, 10:10 PM, said:

Wow, both of them are KO? :wacko:  They actually KOed the new police command center 7743 already??

Hi, the new mobile command is by KAZI bricks not enlighten.

guess I started with the wrong tone. My buying spree is not so much to support piracy. Just doing some research on how close pirates could get to the real deal.
by the way, I thought clone, cloning means 100% copy of the original :laugh:

was thinking to post pictures of the box art, instructions and how the pirates did some modification to the design and pass off as original. am I forbidden to further share on these knock off sets? :tongue:

#11 JCC1004

JCC1004

Member: 4845

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

View Postlampuair, on Aug 26 2009, 03:55 PM, said:

Hi, the new mobile command is by KAZI bricks not enlighten.

guess I started with the wrong tone. My buying spree is not so much to support piracy. Just doing some research on how close pirates could get to the real deal.
by the way, I thought clone, cloning means 100% copy of the original :laugh:

was thinking to post pictures of the box art, instructions and how the pirates did some modification to the design and pass off as original. am I forbidden to further share on these knock off sets? :tongue:
I wouldn't think so. You could review them if wanted. There is a bootleg index now.

#12 lampuair

lampuair

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:10 PM

Ok, I will start with the review of KAZI 6727 (LEGO 7743).

i bought the set for 20 USD. 511 pieces. 3 minifigures, One mobile command truck, one security checkpoint. The first thing I realized is how small the box is compared to LEGO 7743. It is packed full of bricks, not much space wasted.

some pictures of the boxart.

Posted Image

back of the box showing some other bootleg models, some original designs on police station and harbor police station.

Posted Image

a separate brown box (for added protection), bricks were packed in a few plastic bags but I have thrown them all away so no pictures on that. :tongue:

Posted Image

instruction manual is similar to LEGO but the design of the security checkpoint is different.

Posted Image

Posted Image

to be continued...

#13 LEGOMAN132

LEGOMAN132

Member: 2726

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

Wow they sure do a good job off knocking off lego and by good I mean bad.

#14 lampuair

lampuair

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:49 PM

the 3 police minifigures. (2 of which looks more like villain to me)

Posted Image

police bike with hard plastic tires instead of rubber tires.

Posted Image

Posted Image

full length of the mobile command truck. (police logo and wordings are all painted bricks)

Posted Image

opens up

Posted Image

removable back storage compartment

Posted Image

detached from the trailer

Posted Image

computers + keyboard inside the trailer

Posted Image

Posted Image

security checkpoint.

Posted Image

first floor door which opens up to no where.

Posted Image

CCTV

Posted Image

computers and more computers

Posted Image

Posted Image

overall set. quality is slightly lower compared to Enlighten but they are ripping off the latest sets.. :devil:

Posted Image

#15 JCC1004

JCC1004

Member: 4845

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:54 PM

That is very like Lego. There is even a Han Solo face! That is alomst 100% cloned!

#16 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:58 PM

The quality doesn't look that good. The cop with the mustache reminds me of Inspector Clousoe from Pink Panther and Pink Panther 2 :tongue:

#17 74louloute

74louloute

• Master of the Macabre

Member: 4243

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

:sick: :sick:  Plastic quality seems so bad...

Do they took picture of the real Lego set for their art box, because there is no similarity between the box art and the stuff inside...

If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got.

Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image

#18 Eilif

Eilif

• Eco-friendly cheapskate

Member: 2913

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for posting this.  Clones are generally spit upon here, but there are those of us who like to look into the dark side from time to time. This Kazi set is not a perfect clone, but it's really a testament to how the Clone brands have improved. It looks like the brick quality has improved a bit, and the color matching is extremely close.  

Please continue with a review of the enlighten set!
Visit scenic Brickington
Article: How to get LEGO for a Penny Per Piece
Member, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club.

#19 larry marak

larry marak

• The Clone Ranger

Member: 946

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

Interesting seeing Kazi doing a direct copy of a Lego issued design.  Kazi does make Lego patented elements that are currently under patent protection, such as the "cheese" slope, but this is the first time I've seen a direct design steal from them.  Peppermint has the distinction right between cloners and bootleggers (or pirates).  By the way, Bricks is a subbrand of Enlighten, Brick is Wit Toy Company attempting to sell their clones of Lego products while fooling Chinese buyers into thinking they are buying and Enlighten brand :-}.  Wit is an outrageous pirate, they do many copies of Lego sets from 5 and 10 years ago.  Best way to pick up the Steven Spielberg Studios sets.  Wonderful photos though, thanks and keep it up.  Lego fans need to know what the competition is in order to appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of Lego.

#20 lampuair

lampuair

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

been for awhile. I will continue with the rest of enlighten police sets coming weekend. 2 sets of police station (Lego Copy). 2 sets of smaller police station (Original design) and more photos of the surveillance truck from Enlighten.

next month I will start with the Sluban military sets. stay tuned.

#21 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:39 PM

I just don't understand how they can get away with this, you think LEGO would have sued them by now.

#22 Ryan_T

Ryan_T

• Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 4368

Posted 24 October 2009 - 12:31 PM

What is on the tops of the studs? It kinda looks a little like "LEGO" but I cant see it clearly..  :laugh:  certainly it isn't "LEGO" but kinda looks like it to me..  :hmpf:

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor

"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron

#23 lampuair

lampuair

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

View PostRyan_T, on Oct 24 2009, 08:31 PM, said:

What is on the tops of the studs? It kinda looks a little like "LEGO" but I cant see it clearly..  :laugh:  certainly it isn't "LEGO" but kinda looks like it to me..  :hmpf:

top of the studs is KAZI :tongue:

continue with a mini picture review of a KAZI made police helicopter.

the helicopter is from the KAZI harbour police station set.(review later) good quality bricks with printed decals and it looks good sitting on top of my KAZI mobile command centre.

Posted Image
Posted Image

open and closed cockpit and helmet.

Posted Image

propeller folded down.

Posted Image

front view.

Posted Image

back view.

Posted Image
Posted Image

A direct copy of LEGO holicopter. again printed decals and good quality bricks. detailed pictures later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 jamtf

jamtf

Member: 971

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

It is indeed hard to tell why Kazi and Enlighten (just to name a few) get away with this. If Lego decides to sue these manufacturers, they will have their very own version of "Clone Wars".  :yoda:

Edited by jamtf, 05 December 2009 - 10:51 PM.

Pirate captain to governor: "Dear Sir, In answer to your request not to proceed with our current undertakings, we acknowledge that we will gladly arrange your settlements being attacked properly... Arrgh"

Posted Image

Died in the third night as Shiraz the wine seller (or was it poison brewer) in Prince of Persia: Death in the Sands of Time

#25 amandojames

amandojames

Member: 5985

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

View Postlampuair, on Oct 21 2009, 09:24 PM, said:

been for awhile. I will continue with the rest of enlighten police sets coming weekend. 2 sets of police station (Lego Copy). 2 sets of smaller police station (Original design) and more photos of the surveillance truck from Enlighten.

next month I will start with the Sluban military sets. stay tuned.

Awesome review of the Kazi set, although I won't buy another Kazi again. The minifigs have an evil smirk on their faces , and I've been burned by their bad quality. But now I'm tempted to get the Enlighten mobile truck to match my riot police station (129) Can't wait for your next reviews!

Attached Images

• enlighten_126.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users