Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 14B

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 14B

The Tractor Story

Jeb, Jethro, Schmelt, Max, Jim, Snitchman, and Charlie begin their long walk to the farm. They plan to get Jeb's tractor and drive it to the fuel tanker in hope of pulling the tanker to the shed.

I saved some mango soup that Schmelt provided earlier - want some?

*Pulls out a container of mango soup and some small bowls*

I saved some mango soup that Schmelt provided earlier - want some?

avcharlie.jpg

That smells a bit fishy! For a minute there, I thought it might have been some of his tuna casserole. :sick: Thank goodness for good tupperware.

Got any Athos Chicken in there?

Why don't we just take the pony? :sceptic:

EDIT: Oh, oops! Never mind. I'm not even here... :blush:

Sadly, like old Mother Hubbard, my cupboards are bare.

I did have some Hungry Woman meals, but they defrosted a while ago and went on a rampage went bad.

I will enjoy checking out this pleasant-sounding farm to stock up on delicious pine cones, cat shanks, and wolverine eggs :sweet:

Why don't we just take the pony? :sceptic:

EDIT: Oh, oops! Never mind. I'm not even here... :blush:

I'm hearing voices again, and it's not Alex... and it's telling me that we should grab the tractor and get out of here. This place creeps me out already... :look:

I did have some Hungry Woman meals, but they defrosted a while ago and went on a rampage went bad.

I will enjoy checking out this pleasant-sounding farm to stock up on delicious pine cones, cat shanks, and wolverine eggs :sweet:

:laugh: JTG (Just Too Good)

So the group has reached the corn field as they walk along the old road nearby the train tracks.

"Hawww... Hawww", a crow cries in the distance. :look:

Should we take some food with us to for the rest? Or should we only take food for us? :devil:

The fed us a few times, those train people, so I don't see why we shouldn't offer them food also. Just don't let me near it! They've all gone mad and think I'm bad news, so I will stay away from the food!

Let's just hit the road. I'm anxious to go talk to this tractor of yours, and see if it will be capable of carrying the tank.

In walking between the corn field along the dirt-paved trail...

avmcfarlin.jpg

I know a little short-cut through the corn field if any of you City Slickers want to follow. It'll cut an hour off this here walk to the farm.

(begins singing the theme song to the classic favorite television show, Green Acres) "Is the place to be"...

I'll take the short-cut! I'm apparently from Green Acres, so the fact that you're singing our theme song makes me instantly like and trust you!

avmcfarlin.jpg

That settles it!

The group continues along the dirt paved road for a short while before seeing a small scarecrow resting in the corn field. Jeb says, "that's it, follow me". A small path leads into the corn field.

The group walk slowly along the narrow path through the corn field. It looks like some rain clouds are blowing in from above. The scent of rain permeates the air...

CLAP! CLAP! the sound of thunder can also be heard in the sky.

CLAP! CLAP!

Wave your hands in the air, like you just don't care! Woo!

This is such a pleasant detour! I think I will stay behind Jeb as we walk, if you don't mind.

Rain begins to come down... slow at first, then harder.

Jeb leads the group but visibility becomes a little difficult with the heavy rain.

I'm getting muddy!

How long before we get there?

I'm a bit concerned that I can't see anything.

Jeb, do you mind if we hold hands so you can guide us safely through?

Crocodile rock chain!

Jeb extends his hand out and just as you grab it, you loose him in the tall stalks of corn :oh3:

In fact, as everyone treds along the muddy ground with the rain pooring down, visibility has dwindled to nothing.

The group becomes separated, with little to see than the muddy ground a few feet in front, and the tall rows of dripping corn stalks all around you.

You call out, but with the rain pooring down, you can not hear one another!

HELP! :sing:

Eeep!

In that case, I think I am going to stand completely still and wait for the rainstorm to pass.

I really, REALLY don't want to stumble into the cornfield and get lost.

*Schmelt whimpers*

If anyone bumps into me, I think I'll grab them. Unless they have the cold dead hand of a scarecrow....

*Schmelt whimpers some more*

Suddenly, Schmelt feels a sharp burning pain in his back! :oh3:

Realizing that something sharp has cut him, he turns to look. Lying on the ground is a bloody farm sickle (harvesting/corn knife).

Schmelt receives three life points damage (-3), before falling to the ground.

Jeb, Max, and Snitchman find him on the ground.

Jethro, Jim, and Charlie are still lost in the corn field.