Sign in to follow this  
gambort

TTCE: Small warehouse

ENTERED

Hi all,

I spotted this contest and decided to enter category 3 with my latest work. It's a small warehouse like you see on the Manchester to Bolton line in Northern England. I used to pass this sort of thing all the time (although they were rotting and boarded up) and thought they were great little buildings.

And since I'm just signing into Eurobricks hello to everyone. I'm Tim Gould and you may know me from such blogs and The Brothers Brick.

Tim

3814058042_959a9820bf.jpg

PS. I assume that 640x480 is a maximum size but if it is the only size allowed could a moderator let me know and I'll resubmit.

This is definitely a very nice creation.

It is nice to see this color variation. I really do like the way you handled the windows.

Are the delivering post bags in this warehouse btw :classic:

:thumbup:

Really nice MOC Gambort! (Welcome to EB by the way :classic: )

The colors you used for this are excellent, you don't see too many large MOCs with dark orange. My favorite part of the MOC though are the shutters over the windows.

I have one question, what are the things coming out of the windows? I assume some sort of maintenance devices... I'm not much of a train expert. :blush:

Beautiful work!

No post that I know of. They would have their own warehouses I imagine.

I have one question, what are the things coming out of the windows?

Thanks.

In my model those are cranes for raising and lowering goods. I think that's what they are on the real thing but the ones I used to pass were pretty run-down.

To be honest I don't really know how these things worked exactly but I suspect they only occassionally loaded stuff onto trains.

Tim