Jump to content


Could a LEGO Pirates TV show really exist?


9 replies to this topic  – Started by Imperial Governer , Aug 17 2009 12:46 AM

#1 Imperial Governer

Imperial Governer

    Posts: 41
    Joined: 05-June 09
    Member: 6301
    Country: USA

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:46 AM

As I was observing my newest Imperial Soldiers creation, I wondered about the possibility of a LEGO Pirates television series. LEGO Batman was SUPPOSED to get one, which I think would of worked well, but what about a PIRATES television show? Every episode could be a new battle or a flashback of a battle made by veterans of these battles. Pirates could tell their side of a battle's results, while the soldiers tell theirs, there could be so much to do!

But, what potential does it have? Would LEGO fans that don't have ANY interest in the Pirates series or historical LEGOs tune into this show? That's the first question that came to my mind.  :pir-hmpf_bad:

Would kids think its boring because it has a historical background to it? LEGO would probably make it simple pirates vs. bad guys (which are NOW considered the soldiers). But what about the true hard old fashion Pirate fans watching the show? What would OUR opinions be?

I don't know, but I would want to see a LEGO TV show sooner or later! If they made a Pirates TV series, I would jump for joy!  :pir_laugh2:

But, YOU GOTTA REMEMBER THE CONS!  :pir-hmpf_bad:

P.S. Imperial Governor is back from his break!

Edited by SlyOwl, 17 August 2009 - 10:08 AM.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."- Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32rd President of the United States of America

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."- John F. Kennedy, 35th President of the United States of American

"In war, there is no second prize for the runner-up."- General Omar Bradley, United States of America

          
           EDIT CGH: Please reduce the size of images in your signature, as it distracts too much from the posts.
                                                                   Eldorado's minis!

#2 VMLN8R

VMLN8R

    Posts: 483
    Joined: 13-August 09
    Member: 7017

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:05 AM

View PostImperial Governer, on Aug 17 2009, 12:46 PM, said:

As I was observing my newest Imperial Soldiers creation, I wondered about the possibility of a LEGO Pirates television series. LEGO Batman was SUPPOSED to get one, which I think would of worked well, but what about a PIRATES television show? Every episode could be a new battle or a flashback of a battle made by veterans of these battles. Pirates could tell their side of a battle's results, while the soldiers tell theirs, there could be so much to do!

But, what potential does it have? Would LEGO fans that don't have ANY interest in the Pirates series or historical LEGOs tune into this show? That's the first question that came to my mind.  :pir-hmpf_bad:

Would kids think its boring because it has a historical background to it? LEGO would probably make it simple pirates vs. bad guys (which are NOW considered the soldiers). But what about the true hard old fashion Pirate fans watching the show? What would OUR opinions be?

I don't know, but I would want to see a LEGO TV show sooner or later! If they made a Pirates TV series, I would jump for joy!  :pir_laugh2:

But, YOU GOTTA REMEMBER THE CONS!  :pir-hmpf_bad:

P.S. Imperial Governor is back from his break!

I think its a good idea - I'm not a Pirates fan but I would watch (or more likely, download) a Lego show with historical background. I can't think of a more appropriate theme as I think the other themes are either licensed or Lego fiction.

However, I don't think it would have the mass appeal needed to make it work.

#3 saberwing

saberwing

    Posts: 225
    Joined: 01-August 09
    Member: 6863
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

It sounds like a very good idea.
But I think it'll be just like Viva pinata: good game, terrible tv show.
And that TLG will aim for viewers between the age of 5 and 10 or something.

"Hard work never killed anyone, but why take a chance?"
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

^ created by Jebediahs^   x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x--x-x   Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image <- thanks Joey!


#4 SlyOwl

SlyOwl
  • Watch out for Infuriated Isaac's metatarsal!


    Posts: 2467
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2057
    Country: England

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

It could work as a short series of 10 or so 20-minute animations, even on real TV, in kids' prime-time at 8am or 3pm.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some similar promo animations to the SP3 ones on Lego.com at some point.

To the barricades!
Posted Image


#5 Admiral M

Admiral M
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!


    Posts: 460
    Joined: 31-December 08
    Member: 4862
    Country: USA

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

View PostSlyOwl, on Aug 17 2009, 06:10 AM, said:

It could work as a short series of 10 or so 20-minute animations, even on real TV, in kids' prime-time at 8am or 3pm.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some similar promo animations to the SP3 ones on Lego.com at some point.


I'm suprised they haven't done any animation yet! I think they could do TV, but it would probably be some 10-20 minute show on CN or something.

Edited by Admiral M, 17 August 2009 - 11:56 AM.

Admiral Michael, Commander of the British Northeastern Fleet, Governor of Port St. Brick

My LDD Navy:
HMS Panther-16 guns
HMS Monarch-10 guns
HMS Colossus-40+ guns
HMS Conquest-32 guns

go to my Brickshelf

and all in the name of the brick...

#6 JeffD984

JeffD984

    Posts: 130
    Joined: 05-August 09
    Member: 6913

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:48 AM

I wonder if it would be in the form of brickfilm or computer animation? Either way it would be fun to see for us fans, but may be viewed as a half hour commercial for others

#7 Tom Bricks

Tom Bricks
  • Video Games Reviewer


    Posts: 833
    Joined: 29-April 09
    Member: 5938

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:02 AM

View PostJeffD984, on Aug 17 2009, 08:48 PM, said:

I wonder if it would be in the form of brickfilm or computer animation? Either way it would be fun to see for us fans, but may be viewed as a half hour commercial for others

It would certainly be computer animation because otherwise each 1/2 hour episode would take forever to make. I don't think it would be bad if it wasn't for really little kids.
You can call me Tom
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
Flickr
“Tell me one last thing,” said Harry. “Is this real? Or has this been happening inside my head?”
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

#8 andy0002

andy0002

    Posts: 109
    Joined: 23-May 09
    Member: 6169
    Country: united states

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

i think thats a great idea! :pir_laugh2: i think alot of kids would watch it and probably not think that its "history", but piracy and adventure! im sure that being lego(a child's toy company) they will have to make it pirate v.s. redcoat and basic boring stuff all of us have dreampt up 10 years ago.... so we probably wouldnt like it, but would watch it anyway, because its lego.

i didnt know lego batman was going to get one... that would have been epic :pir-sweet:
visit my youtube channel for all the major lego news reports from sites like brickset, eurobircks, etc. here at http://www.youtube.com/shonenshindo


#9 Paul cantu

Paul cantu

    Posts: 257
    Joined: 02-November 08
    Member: 4274
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:30 AM

I don't think it would work out too well. If it was historically accurate kids wouldn't want to watch but then again lego does have a sense of humor so it could work. Overall I just don't see it happening.

#10 Sir Wellington

Sir Wellington

    Posts: 336
    Joined: 01-April 09
    Member: 5693

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:43 AM

I'd see it happening, but they wouldn't be too violent but there should be a Lego Napoleonic War TV Show! :D
A leader can't control the hearts of men unless he adjusts his to see their perspective.
~Kinzcove

1:36 P.M. 8/6/09

Why would I want to control the whole word? Who shall be there to fight me other than revolutionary's and dreamers?
~Kinzcove

1:41 P.M. 8/6/09



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links