• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PrinceWilliam

PrinceWilliam

Member: 6250

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:27 AM

Posted Image

Hi everybody,

This is my first time to post my own creation on this website. This is a great oppotunity to share with you my creations globally (I come from Hong Kong) and hope to get more comments, suggestions to improving me train techniques continuously. Had seen a lot of great Lego friends here in making a lot of trains, so, as a Lego lover, I would also like to share my trains after doing some searches... Hope you all enjoy and look forward to receiving your replies :laugh:

Posted Image

Left hand side - with reference to JR 700 series bullet train
Right hide side - with reference to JR 200 series bullet train

Posted Image

The view of 700 series first train

Posted Image
The view of 200 series first train

Posted Image
The whole train contains five cars, the 700 series first car, 2 passenger cars, 1 bedroom car and the 200 series first car(last car). The sequence of the colours, white, green and blue is reference to the real 200 series - No. 5000, K combination bullet train colour (which transits from North-East Japan)  

Posted Image

Named : 701 - 0001  : The first car (last car also) , reference to the 700 series bullet train

Posted Image
Named : 701 - 0002 - the second car, which contains the electrical power system (on the top)

Posted Image
701 - 0002 : the car inside contains a toilet, and the passenger seats which set as the business class seats  

Posted Image

Named : 701 - 0003  - the middle car, no power at all. Containing the bedroom and a small shops with the vending machine.

Posted Image

701 - 0003  - upper deck, bedroom for long-distance passengers. Lower deck, contains a small shop with vending machine

Posted Image
701 - 0003  - A train assistant will help you if you have any enquiries

Posted Image

701 - 0003   - one more picture

Posted Image

Named : 701 - 0004 : the fourth car, passenger car with first class seats

Posted Image
701 - 0004 - in this car, TV will be provided and waiter would server the passengers with drinks and snacks

Posted Image

Named : 701 - 0005  - the last car, reference to 200 series, also contains business class seats

Posted Image

Photos together, 700 and 200 series bullet train car

Thanks for watching !!!

http://www.brickshel...PrinceWilliamHK

Edited by TheBrickster, 16 August 2009 - 05:07 PM.

#2 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo

• god for 10

Member: 1816

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:21 AM

Fantastic work! I like the detail in the cars and the smooth lines of the train. Unfortunately, the Brickshelf folder isn't public so we can't see the pictures there. You may want to check out this great Deep Linking Tutorial.

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au

#3 aawsum

aawsum

Member: 5141

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

Great work  :thumbup:
I like the way you worked on the 700 series
It is hard to make something really like the original
Posted Image

But I think you did very well.

ps.
did you know we have a special Train tech forum ?

Edited by aawsum, 15 August 2009 - 10:18 AM.

#4 Milan

Milan

Member: 6465

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:52 AM

Yea it looks pretty much as the original, it is extremely hard to capture those curvy slopey angles in lego. You did good job!
Posted Image   Posted Image    Posted Image   Posted Image   
Website  Facebook  YouTube   Flickr

#5 Princess Muttonchops

Princess Muttonchops

• Doesn't want to be a keeper either

Member: 6623

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

Very cool MOC, Prince William.  I love the cut-away sections, exposing the cool stuff within.  The multi-floored car has to be my personal favourite, with the helpful attendant waiting patiently to serve hordes of passengers.

#6 Etzel

Etzel

• Me Want Ducky!!!!

Member: 2625

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

Outstanding work, PrinceWilliam!
I really like how you did the interior in the train cars. You managed to fit in so many amazing details in such small space, I'm truly impressed!   :wub:
My favourite is the sleeping/shop-car, very cool!

#7 Col. Brik

Col. Brik

Member: 4374

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:07 PM

Really great Train. At first I was looking at the pictures and thinking. "No way they hold figs." then low and behold you used the space so well it surprised me.

Excellent work! :thumbup:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 HumanPackMule

HumanPackMule

Member: 6241

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:30 PM

Very cool. Brings back memories of when I was in Japan a few weeks ago and got to ride the Shinkansen
For an optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it is half empty. To the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

#9 Fumoffu

Fumoffu

Member: 5792

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

Very nice MOC.  The fact that the carriages hold minifigures and more details just made this even better.  You did very well with the front ... its not easy recreating that profile with Lego bricks at that scale.  Thanks for sharing.  Looking forward to more from you.

#10 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

Very nice PW.  Excellent bullet train!  I like both engines, and especially love the details you put into the passenger cars.  You've successfully combined a style and modern look of a bullet train with classic train interior detailing reminding me of 4547/10002 Metroliner Railroad Club Car.  You don't see this combination very often.  I'm not sure about those first class seats though.  They look a little cramped. :wink:  

Great job!  This would make a very nice entry for the Train Tech Contest, Category 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users