22 replies to this topic

#1 pedro

pedro

• Crazy Junction Master

Member: 1364

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image
Hey all,

I've got a few new small (multi-themed) MOC's I'm going to post, but while I get around to taking photos I thought I'd show this! As part of a review I did recently on 7668 Rebel Scout Speeder, I thought I'd build an alternate model to illustrate set potential and created the Rebel Light Hover Truck.

Designed as an economically viable light cargo and personnel repulsorlift transport, the LHT-1 Sphinx has an upright cabin for better vantage and to allow for extra cargo space. The Rebel Alliance used upgraded trucks with armoured cabins and side-mounted weapons such as laser cannons or blasters - to allow for some defensive capability when in field use - and would often be seen behind battle lines, swiftly delivering vital documents, machinery, weapons and troops to where they were needed the most.

Light Hover Truck

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rear view

The odd wheel part part comes in useful as a small cargo container.

Posted Image

Front

Posted Image

Sphinx Side view

Posted Image

Transporting troopers

Full laden, the LHT hurtles to it's destination...

Posted Image

Rebel Engineer

Pilot of the LHT and, based on the movies, a more authentic looking rebel engineer minifig. All parts not available in the original set, but an obvious custom! Built using the rebel trooper head and helm and the engineer from A-Wing 6207.

Posted Image

Spares

Not a great deal left over!

Posted Image

More pictures here if you're interested. Comments welcome as always!

Hit my links below to see the rest of my LEGO works!

#2 DoctorDude234

DoctorDude234

Member: 5857

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

Nice job you did, especially with the partsat hand. I have to say it honestly looks like it should be at some sort of shipping center, which is a good thing. I think you could use the black spare as an exhaust pipe of some sort by slapping it on to the 4x4 slop at the left or right by the window. As for the turntable, I have no idea. but great moc!
When people are force to look at a glass of water that is exactly half-full, some will say
that is is half-full and some say it is half-empty.
However, the world is controlled by the people who say
"Hey! My glass had more in it. And it was a different glass! Who's pinching my beer?!?!"  
Any one who could create Doctor Who, Monty Python, and is also the home of Terry Pratchett must be cool.
GO REDCOATS!!!

Lego Clone Wars Wish List
Clone Walker battlepack
Assasin Droid Battle Pack
AAT 2x
AT-TE
Republic Gunship
Republic Fighter Tank
Republic Attack Shuttle
Hailfire/Spider Droids
Homing Spider Droid

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
Republic Dropship with AT-OT

#3 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

Good looking MOC, reminds me of the tiny bobcats you stand on and drive.

#4 Mraz Skintas

Mraz Skintas

Member: 5865

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

It looks good. Like something we would see driving around a Hangar carrying people to their ships. I like this alot better than the speeder in the BP. Keep up the good work.  :thumbup:

Posted Image

-'Skintas

#5 Darth Legolas

Darth Legolas

• Oh boy vomit brick!

Member: 4695

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

I'd put the rebel symbol right smack in the center on the front! It looks perfect though! Great job and very... rebel-ish.
...I have a Death Star...

#6 UsernameMDM

UsernameMDM

• Back to the drawing board!

Member: 4006

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

Nicely done!  I love to see what people can make with what they get out of the box.

#7 Captain REX

Captain REX

Member: 3536

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:24 PM

I love battlepack alternates and this is no exception. I love the cockpit the most.
"Whats klingon for your gonna die a virgin?"- Fanboys   

Its better to live a coward and die a hero than live a hero and die a coward.

#8 Fumoffu

Fumoffu

Member: 5792

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:36 PM

Great Moc and excellent photography.  I didn't really like the original Speeder and now you given me something to do with my Speeders.  Thanks for sharing.

#9 RileyC

RileyC

• >-- Stupid Cupid --> <3

Member: 5251

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

Poor little rebel cant even see out! :tongue: But this is a great moc you built from the set. It has good detail and good use of the colours. I like you custom engineer aswell

Great work!

Formerly gone by the name of "Roncanator"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Playing as Yasuko a Model in Yakusa Family Mafia
Played as Rickety Cannon a Town Nerd in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum II: Fraulein Bloodbrick Mafia
Played as Ruxana a Town Pilot in Baritones 3 Mafia
Played as Roweena Karnata a Town Guard General turned Dark One in The Coming Darkness Mafystery
Played as Cookie Custer an Insane from Spider Ward in Dr. Bloodbrick's Asylum Mafia
Played as Ron Canter a Town Folk turned Noodles Family in Eurodina Mafia
Played as Todd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode an Innocent from Slytherin in Hogwarts Mafia
Played as Ron Callister a Sane Pilot in Dystopia Mafia
Played as Ron Toreil an Honoured soldier in Imperial Soldier's Mafia

#10 Ravi

Ravi

Member: 6018

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:46 AM

Super cool moc love the way you took a set and turned it into something extraordinairy

#11 Corvus

Corvus

• ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ

Member: 1483

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:39 AM

View Postpedro, on Aug 14 2009, 03:52 AM, said:

Rebel Engineer
Posted Image
I'd suggest removing the black visor from his helmet. I couldn't find a picture, but as I recall they had a different helmet from the others, more rounded and all white, I think.
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#12 Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous

• RA Anniversary HP reviewer

Member: 6188

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

Great MOC! I've always been a fan of taking the pieces for sets and making something new! The only problem for me is... I never got the Battle Pack.  :cry_sad:

Flickr~Brickshelf~Bricklink Store~Sale/Trade Topic
Check out my ABOUT ME page for more links!

#13 pedro

pedro

• Crazy Junction Master

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

Many thanks for the comments. Trying to get the most out of a battlepack is great fun and I felt that the LHT looked suitably Rebel-esque once I'd finished it. I'd thought about using the sticker sheet with it but generally shy away from using them - I tend to recycle parts a lot in other models.

View PostRoncanator, on Aug 15 2009, 01:05 AM, said:

Poor little rebel cant even see out! :tongue:
Fortunately he has sufficient visual-screens and navigational systems in the cab... :wink:

View PostMr. Mandalorian, on Aug 15 2009, 04:39 AM, said:

I'd suggest removing the black visor from his helmet. I couldn't find a picture, but as I recall they had a different helmet from the others, more rounded and all white, I think.
Indeed! I'd mentioned this originally that the helmet would suit a white visor better, however I don't have the part. So until I do it's better just to use the black visor rather than having a big gap in my opinion - artistic license and that! If I ever have a chance to get a white visor it'll be straight on!

View PostInconspicuous, on Aug 17 2009, 08:24 AM, said:

Great MOC! I've always been a fan of taking the pieces for sets and making something new! The only problem for me is... I never got the Battle Pack.  :cry_sad:
Fear not! It's still widely available.

#14 united brick

united brick

Member: 3713

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

View PostMr. Mandalorian, on Aug 14 2009, 08:39 PM, said:

actualy use a clear one from the coastgaurd sets the rb helmet is to wierd without the visor

#15 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

• Can't remember his own name

Member: 5406

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:46 AM

Very nice BP alternate pedro :thumbup:  :wub:
I love the shape of it, and the Rebel engineer is Great! :wub:
Great job again!

CommanderFox
My Brickshelf!. The Brick Hope.
Anime and Manga fan, feel free to discuss anything anime on my profile :)
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!
Posted ImagePosted Image - Kiwi Bricks

#16 CloneCommanderDelta7

CloneCommanderDelta7

Member: 4742

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

It looks all-rebelish and great!  The engineer is awesome too, you could use Irina Spalko if you have the torso but I think this is better.   :thumbup:
"Fly for the Empire"
"Build it Right, Make it Bite"

Still Mutilating Clones or making them better.  I dunno maybe you should ask them yourself?

Links - YouTube - Brickshelf - Flickr
"If you have a PS3 and an account, then PM me & maybe I'll add you to my friends list!!!"

A very mean-looking CRF250R '10.  

#17 pedro

pedro

• Crazy Junction Master

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:25 PM

Thanks guys! I quite like how this little MOC turned out and so built a second. Soon to have a third after my contest win! :wink:

When I egt the chance I'm going to order some white visors off Bricklink to complete the look of my Rebel engineers.

#18 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:33 AM

View Postpedro, on Oct 22 2009, 01:25 AM, said:

Thanks guys! I quite like how this little MOC turned out and so built a second. Soon to have a third after my contest win! :wink:

When I egt the chance I'm going to order some white visors off Bricklink to complete the look of my Rebel engineers.

Lucky! :oh3:  :wub:
That sounds Great, the engineer would look better with a white visor :sweet:  :thumbup:

CommanderFox
                                          CommanderFox playing as Ollivander Dippet for Gryffindor in Harry Potter Wizards Duel!

#19 CloneCommanderDelta7

CloneCommanderDelta7

Member: 4742

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

View PostCommanderFox, on Oct 22 2009, 03:33 PM, said:

Lucky! :oh3:  :wub:
That sounds Great, the engineer would look better with a white visor :sweet:  :thumbup:

CommanderFox
Do they make white visors?  I don't know, maybe white would be too plain.  Its hard to tell.
"Fly for the Empire"
"Build it Right, Make it Bite"

Still Mutilating Clones or making them better.  I dunno maybe you should ask them yourself?

Links - YouTube - Brickshelf - Flickr
"If you have a PS3 and an account, then PM me & maybe I'll add you to my friends list!!!"

A very mean-looking CRF250R '10.  

#20 pedro

pedro

• Crazy Junction Master

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

View PostCloneCommanderDelta7, on Oct 22 2009, 09:38 AM, said:

Do they make white visors?  I don't know, maybe white would be too plain.  Its hard to tell.
There are a handful of shops with white visors on Bricklink.

The Engineer's helmet is white and smooth so rather than just removing the black visor and leaving a big gap, a white visor would fill it and keep the whole helmet white. I reckon that'd look cooler :wink:

#21 Zuntir

Zuntir

Member: 5670

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:10 PM

It looks great!  :cry_happy: I don't know why but remind me a little bit of that tiny boats that were used during operation Overlord in Normandy to transport soldiers. I think you could add one or two laser cannons (small ones  :classic: ).
Veni, Vidi, Vici

#22 VMLN8R

VMLN8R

Member: 7017

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:35 AM

This is really excellent pedro.

Every so often its nice to make something from a limited selection of parts. Sometimes choosing from a big pool of parts confuses me :classic:

Edited by VMLN8R, 23 October 2009 - 05:35 AM.

#23 CommanderFox

CommanderFox

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:40 AM

View PostCloneCommanderDelta7, on Oct 22 2009, 09:38 PM, said:

Yes they do  :wink:

View Postpedro, on Oct 23 2009, 01:34 AM, said:

The Engineer's helmet is white and smooth so rather than just removing the black visor and leaving a big gap, a white visor would fill it and keep the whole helmet white. I reckon that'd look cooler :wink:

Agreed Pedro :thumbup:

View PostVMLN8R, on Oct 23 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

Every so often its nice to make something from a limited selection of parts. Sometimes choosing from a big pool of parts confuses me :classic:

Same for me :classic:

CommanderFox

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users