Ya the snake looks awesome but i think it is an eel lol!

The official site says it's a sea serpent. It does look a bit like an eel, though.

Once Brickset put up the instructions for the promo sub I went to Bricklink and got the parts. It is a good addition to the vehicles in the line. I use it for little journeys from the carrier.

I :wub: that super bricky built Portal of Atlantis set (even if here it is missing the actual Portal)! Lots of great pieces, very few large parts, and it looks like a LEGO superbase should! Nice, original design too :thumbup: That skele Aquaraider is hilarious - I wonder if they had bulk helmets left over from 07 or if they had to do another print run?

The Atlantis diver team base on the other hand looks :sick: All those exposed Technic beams :sceptic: and the mix of red and dark bley isn't as nice as in the Neptune Carrier. The shape looks kind of random too. I would have preferred something smaller and better designed - this looks like a typical 'Let's make this look as big as possible using the least amount of parts' design which I thought we'd moved on from.

Despite my cold feelings towards technic wings and panels in many of these sets, I can't help but find this theme becoming more and more appealing.

I think the large portal set looks fantastic. I'm getting large Troll Mountain Fortress vibes from it (a set that didn't really appeal to me), but yet the Atlantis base seems a lot more well executed.

The exploration HQ has potential if it does indeed fold up into a nice looking sub, but in base form it's a bit awkward.

Glad to see pics of these new sets and looks forward to seeing more of them in the near future.

Edited by ZO6

Here are some of the Summer 2010 sets at the Canadian Toy Fair!

image.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

imageca9r7clm.jpg

imagecaf9wd2a.jpg

I hope I can post these. :look:

Edited by EspEth12

Wow, the Portal of Atlantis (or, as the box says, "US Productnam" :tongue:) looks amazing! :wub:

Lots of cool stuff like the gigantic shark's head, stone shark statues, and the Aqua Raider diver skeleton (hooray for hints to past themes :laugh:)!

I'll definitely have to get this if it ever goes on sale. :sweet:

Here are some of the Summer 2010 sets at the Canadian Toy Fair!
Svelte already linked to them in the previous page. :wink: Edited by ILikePi

Hopefully this heralds the return of old-type skeletons.

Also looks like you get two Sharkies.

Aaand I wish they had assembled the portal thing so we could see what it actually looks like…

You know what sort of suprised me was that the exploration HQ is alot smaller than I thought it would be. But still nice!

You know what sort of suprised me was that the exploration HQ is alot smaller than I thought it would be. But still nice!

I agree.

Currently, I'm hoping for two things. One, that I can find and buy the Portal of Atlantis set. Two, it includes the Manta warrior shown next to it. I've got lots of things I want from other lines (mainly Star Wars), so I've decided to make the crazy decision to not buy any Atlantis sets at all until I get the Portal of Atlantis set. I may get a few Manta warrior impulses if I can find them.

The old skeleton definitely was unexpected. In the past, they've used them for prelim images, but later changed them. This time, though, there's the tangible, actual old skeleton. This may mean we'll see them return, but that doesn't exactly explain why other skeletons in sets (Prince of Persia, Star Wars...) have changed from the old ones to the current skeletons.

Hahahah! Did you see that? The skelie have Aquariders helmet! Hilarous!

New sets looks amazingly good aspecialy sea creatures!

That is awesome, I love the little in jokes. I still miss Aqua Raiders, it was a fun theme and I enjoyed it more than this one.

That skele Aquaraider is hilarious - I wonder if they had bulk helmets left over from 07 or if they had to do another print run?

Actually, if you check on Lego Digital Designer (an application by Lego which allows you to make your own models and buy them), you can find the Aqua Raiders helmet in there. That suggests they're still producing it.

I can't wait till these sets come out especially the exploration HQ and the portal of Atlantis even the deep sea striker looks amazing and the lobster looks so big and detailed.

Thank you for these amazing pictures!!! :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

I can't wait till these sets come out especially the exploration HQ and the portal of Atlantis even the deep sea striker looks amazing and the lobster looks so big and detailed.

Thank you for these amazing pictures!!! :cry_happy: :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

your welcome. But svelte should get the credit she posted them first.

I sure hope Lego doesn't overprice the sets on the Exploration HQ and portal of Atlantis.

Edited by EspEth12

That portal and the lobster look really nice, and so does the HQ.

Edited by prateek

your welcome. But svelte should get the credit she posted them first.

HE :wink:

No credit is needed really, they're all from kris abel's blog anyway.