Christian

City 2010

Toys R Us has some of the new Summer Wave sets on their website (Sorry if this has been mentioned already) :

Tank Truck : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3985322

LEGO Truck : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4004264

Airport : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3985318

Passenger Plane : http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4004244

:thumbup:

I have just noticed that Toys R Us in the UK has the airport, passenger plane and the Lego truck available to buy from their website (All 4 new train sets are also available)

New pictures of 8403 House from a French webshop. Their price (€33) is relatively 'friendly'. The lounge chair is a simple, but great design if you ask me.

IMG_84031.jpg

IMG_84032.jpg

IMG_84033.jpg

IMG_84034.jpg

IMG_84035.jpg

Thanks for the pictures 'Rick' - yep, already on shopping list for August (Toyworld exclusive for Australia) ! :grin:

Any interior shots ?

Love the lazy-boy deck chair - so COOL ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This house is a MUCH better house than the Apple Tree House.

I will definitely be getting one of these when they hit .au :)

Only real negative in the set is the choice of hair for the female.

New pictures of 8403 House from a French webshop. Their price (€33) is relatively 'friendly'. The lounge chair is a simple, but great design if you ask me.

Excellent find! Rick. :thumbup:

Thanks, have been waiting for good pics!

Thanks for these pics, Rick! :thumbup:

Actually I haven't imagined another house set appearing...

It doesn't look that big, but 33€ seems pretty fair to me.

Quite good in comparison to the overpriced lincensed themes!

Thank you Rick! Wow. I very rarely buy City sets, but 8403 is most definitely an exception I'll be making! :thumbup: This set looks like a lot of fun. I absolutely agree with you about the lounge chair, it's a very neat little design. I can't wait to see an interior shot, it seems well furnished just from looking through the windows. Lego is doing a great job of taking a bit of focus off of the Emergency Services for some really good looking civilian sets. If Lego keeps rolling out sets like this one, I may have to shift my theme priorities around. :classic:

Edited by Mac-K

Is that female face new, or am I just getting slow on keeping up with minifig heads lately...? :look:

Does she show in any other sets?

I'm happy to see more pictures of that set. It looks like that if the price is 33 euros, then it will probably be about $40-$50 US. That makes it a good deal (as far a city sets go). I'm still in shock over the idea that Lego actually made a city house.

I sure hope they adopted that kid, or maybe she's been messing around. :oh3: It's a minor gripe, but I would have liked the hair colors to somewhat logically match up.

The actual set looks good for the price, though it doesn't have the feel of a traditional house to me (which is good I guess after all these other "real" houses have come out).

Magnified the house back picture, but still very blurred...

The top level probably is the bedroom? But I am not too sure about the other levels... The ground level is the kitchen / dining room? The second level is the living room?

img_84031a.jpg

Edited by Alywin

I also was thinking about the kid's hair colour - odd ?

Now I wonder if there is room for a toilet up stairs which could be added eh ?

Dam, we still more pictures ! :blush:

I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

Thank you very much for these updated pics :wub:

In my opinion, the house looks to be one of, or the best City set(s) coming out this year. I honestly don't have any complaints, TLC has really delivered everything I could want + more with this set.

Pros

Exterior

-Side walk

-Street light

-Mail Box

-Garbage/Recycling bin

-Flowers

-Lounge Chair

-BBQ

-Tree

-Fire Hydrant

-Kids tree fort with flag and telescope

There are a lot of details outside, and many of these (such as the tree fort) go above and beyond what we've seen from a house kit in the past (not that we've even seen a nice house for a long time...)

Interior

-Main floor which looks to include a kitchen area (definitely a sink, and perhaps a stove top too) as well a a dinning table

-Second floor looks to have a large brown couch, a side table with a lamp, a coffee table, and a computer

-Top floor with a bed and side table with lamp

Cons

As I've said, TLC has actually surpassed any expectations I had for a set like this, so bravo! No complaints.

Thank you for the nice pics. :thumbup::classic:

And 33 euro would be a great price for it..

Lego City Truck is now available on Amazon.co.uk for only £19.99 - Thats £10 cheaper than on the UK's Toys'r'us website and you can get free delivery if you are prepared to wait a little longer!

I don't understand how there can be such a price difference for the same item.

I sure hope they adopted that kid, or maybe she's been messing around. :oh3: It's a minor gripe, but I would have liked the hair colors to somewhat logically match up.

Just switch father and son around... problem solved :wink:

Looks good!! I need more houses for my town and this one looks pretty good... nice details too... the BBQ, sun lounger etc... a definite buy for me!!

Genetics are interesting; maybe there was a strawberry blond somewhere in the parents' family, and those genes just happened to spring up in the kid. I've known it to happen before.

Or, more likely, they decided they wanted a kid, built one, and chose that color hair for him. This is LEGO, after all.

Edited by Mariko