Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Favorite Fortress

What's your favorite fort/fortress?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite fort/fortress?

• 6074/10039 Black Falcon's Fortress
    • 6077 Forestmen's River Fortress
    • 6079 Dark Forest Fortress
    • 6081 King's Mountain Fortress
    • 6082 Fire Breathing Fortress
    • 6093 Flying Ninja Fortress
    • 6276 Eldorado Fortress
    • 6762 Fort Legoredo
    • 7019 Viking Fortress
    • 7419 Dragon Fortress

Catapults, battling rams, pillaging pirates, fierce Indians, ninja attacks in the night, and Viking assaults, what is you favorite of these classic fortresses?

The following are 10 sets with the name "Fort" or "Fortress" in them. Yes, there are other very nice castles but there's been castle poles in the past, and this includes a few different themes. Excluded are two additional fortresses (3052 - Ninja Fire Fortress and 8877 - Vladek's Dark Fortress).

Vote for your favorite among some of Lego's all-time best sets:

legofortresses.jpg

Catapults, battling rams, pillaging pirates, fierce Indians, ninja attacks in the night, and Viking assaults, what is you favorite of these classic fortresses?

The following are 10 sets with the name "Fort" or "Fortress" in them. Yes, there are other very nice castles but there's been castle poles in the past, and this includes a few different themes. Excluded are two additional fortresses (3052 - Ninja Fire Fortress and 8877 - Vladek's Dark Fortress).

Vote for your favorite among some of Lego's all-time best sets:

legofortresses.jpg

Black Falcon vs. Fire Breathing was a tough call for me, but I picked the former. btw, why are there two topics?

Like I said on you r other post I've only seen Viking Fortress so I'll pick that.

Why did you exclude Vladek's Dark Fortress?

Like I said on you r other post I've only seen Viking Fortress so I'll pick that.

Why did you exclude Vladek's Dark Fortress?

There is a limit of 10 choices and based on what I've heard, I didn't think Vladek's castle would make it as an all-time favorite. I also excluded the newer KK set - 8802 Dark Fortress Landing.

From the list, I vote for Johnny and the crew. Beautiful and totally under-rated Emperor's Fortress.

I love the entire Orient Expedition Theme and have every set. The fortress is the only set I didn't open though- don't ask me why I'm saving it. I also liked the jungle and Egyptian adventure sets. These were very nice themes/sub-themes.

Black Falcon vs. Fire Breathing was a tough call for me, but I picked the former.

I like this one too and couldn't wait to display it when buying the Legend:

water.jpg

In fact, all of these are great sets and having to vote for a single favorite is tricky. These are defiantely among some of the best all-time sets that Lego has made. I would love to have some of the castles and the Eldorado Fortress. How do you choose?

Eldorado *wub* *wub* best fortress not best castle ;)

KimT

i'm a bit confused... i think you're comparing apples with oranges. sure, there's "fort" and "fortress" somewhere in the english title of these sets, but at least one is basically a castle...

anyway, my innitial choice would have been 6080, but that's not in it... so i'll go for the only true fort in this collection: fort legoredo

Tough call between Eldorado and Fort Legoredo. I went with Eldorado in the end.

But my all time favorites are the first two grey castles: Knight's Castle and most of all King's Castle. Unfortunately I never got the latter. Black Falcon's Legend is nice but those two win over any castle. Then again, I'm old and reminisce a lot...

For me it was a tough call between the Dragon and the viking (the only 2 I own) ;)

But I went for the Dragon one because I love the colour and the asian temple "theme" :oD

*yoda*

El Dorado...Although I have to say forests men and some of the old castle lines are really nice..I dont like vikings...

The only one I own is Black Falcon's Fortress, but I've always wanted Fort Legoredo, so I voted for that. (Come to think of it, I've always wanted all of those...)

Are you sure Brickster that Fort Legorado was realeased in 2002?

Original release: 1996

Legend re-release: 2002

Found the answer et Brickshelf catalog ;)

*yoda*

Are you sure Brickster that Fort Legorado was realeased in 2002?

Original release: 1996

Legend re-release: 2002

Found the answer et Brickshelf catalog ;)

*yoda*

sorry, forgot to add both years. Yoda is correct.

i'm a bit confused... i think you're comparing apples with oranges. sure, there's "fort" and "fortress" somewhere in the english title of these sets, but at least one is basically a castle...

anyway, my innitial choice would have been 6080, but that's not in it... so i'll go for the only true fort in this collection: fort legoredo

I chose forts and fortresses as opposed to castles, because I don't think you can really call all of these sets castles (ie. viking and Eldorado). Dragon and Flying Ninja maybe, and you're correct on the others. But choosing those that had the name, "fortress", included other "non-traditional/European castles.

I don't think there's much name difference between a Fortress and a Castle, but we've had other Best Castle polls, and I wanted to include these other great sets.

I like your approach The Brickster, you have manage to encompass sets from every theme that is relevant to this forum. I comend thee!

As for my vote... Hmmm... Without thinking one would expect Eldorado Fortress to get my vote. HOWEVER!!! If this thread was titled Best Fortress then I don't think I would vote for Eldorado Fortress.

Just a pitty LEGO didn't release a gigantic Imperial Armada Fortress at the end of the Pirate theme...

Eldorado is an exceptional set, and probably my 2nd choice next to Legoredo. I just wish I had this set. If I did, I would want an entire Armada.

The Brickster, why do you think Eldorado Fortress is an exceptional set? Some (not mentioning any names Count Sneffy) think its just an over blown parts set.

Let's look at the set.

6276-1.jpg

First, a unique baseplate. I like the slope for quick escapes to the water.

The color combination is very nice. I like the yellow and white, also very unique, colorful, yet nicely done.

Mostly standard "classic" bricks.

Use of a nice assortment of arches.

Arched black doors.

Working hoist to load not one but two small boats (although I'm not real fond of the red one).

Neat little dock

Jail

Detail with the sconces/torches

Rotating cannon

Looks like a moveable gun (clever)

Six soldiers + two pirates

Treasure chest

Nice large imperial flag at the tallest point (I like the white and blue)

Palm tree

Overall, a set that looks good next to a coastal town with a ship next to it. This could be an early Port Royale.

Definately wish I had this set and not for parts but rather for display.

So take that Count Sneffy, I mean anyone who opposes Eldorado Fortress!!!

But one thing! Port Royal was a commerce centre, not a Fortress. It would be more similiar to The Imperial Trading Post which incidentially was called "Port Royal" in some parts of the world.