• Nagy Piros Villamos
    • Pancho Villa Raid
    • PF Freight Train
    • Reading Co. Iron Horse
    • SNCF Freight Train
    • The Grub
    • Trans Rail Carrier
    • Tube Train

Now is the time you've all been wating for! This final category, Complete Trains, combined the skill, imagination, and creativity of train builders to create the best train. We had Creator-like entries like the Brick Express, very creative entries like the Knight-Train to Camelot, a number of fine steam locomotives, and many others.

And our winners are:

c1win1.jpg

Please take a moment to congratulate our winners, because these entries are "top notch". To all the participants, a big "thank you", and great job for participating in this fantastic Eurobricks Train Tech Building Contest.

Now, if any of you want to continue building, a Build a Ghost Train Building Challenge just blew in from the West. Have fun!

0category1-1.jpg

0category1-2.jpg

Well, we've finally made it to Category 1 voting! Are these some fantastic entries or what? As many of the participants were sharing their entries, I couldn't help to think, "can the entries get any better than this"? They are truly fantastic and I'm sure that all who check out the creations will agree. Voting for this final category ends October 17; that's about 10 days for everyone to cast their vote. May the best train builder win.

Make sure you vote for your favorite carefully. The entries have been listed alphabetically to help you find them (as the name appears above). There's 25 entries in all, excluding two staff entries. I didn't want you all voting for that Classic Brown Logging/Mining train. :laugh: Good luck everyone!

Train Tech Building Contest Entries

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Category 1: Complete Trains

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dresdenrailcar.jpg

Dresden Rail Car: spinatundei

miner49.jpg

Classic Mining Train: TheBrickster (staff entry)

london.jpg

London Overground: Esben Kolind

sncffreight.jpg

SNCF Freight Train: Selander

dh2.jpg

DH-2 De Wadloper: Panda9001100

harrypotter.jpg

Revised Hogwarts Express: Gary Sabol

freight.jpg

Power Functions Freight Train: HoMa

prince.jpg

Japan Underground Railway E233: PrinceWilliam

berkshireco.jpg

C&O Berkshire and Passenger Set: gcarstensen

norfolk.jpg

Norfolk & Western Bicentennial Train Set: Cale (staff entry)

knight.jpg

Knight Train to Camelot: fonz

tube.jpg

Tube Train: AJW

germfreight.jpg

German Freight Shunting: AgentRick57

lightind.jpg

Light Industrial Train: Matt Dawson

nagy.jpg

Nagy Piros Villamos: Ashi Valkoinen

grub.jpg

The Grub: vazul

brickexp.jpg

Brick Express: Yoshi648

germanexpress.jpg

German Express Train: Nexus7

lltransit.jpg

Legoland Transit Authority: Tom Bricks

transrail.jpg

Trans Rail Carrier: cusaeng

amster.jpg

Amsterdam Tram: Dug

reading.jpg

Reading Company Iron Horse Ramble: jmsenigma

br50.jpg

German BR 50 PF Steam Train: Missouri bb63

dieselmult.jpg

Diesel Multiple Unit: Rickbrick

e44.jpg

German E44 and Freight Train: Peterab

actmak.jpg

ACT Mak G2000 with Freight Cars: Helos

rancho.jpg

Pancho Villa Train: BMW

Well, we've finally made it to Category 1 voting! Are these some fantastic entries or what?

Yes, it was a difficult descision. I voted for HoMa's PF freight train. I liked the extra level of detail the stickers on the engine gave, and the brick built Lego logo on the box car. In fact this entry inspired me to build mine.

There were many fine entries though, in fact the standard of all the entries is pretty high in my opinion.

Wow, this is a particularly great assemblage of high quality Train MOCs. I'm not going to say who I voted for, but my favorites were the Pancho, ACT, German, and the Norfolk&Western, though there were others that were equally impressive.

It's great when you see LEGO trains where you could remove the figures and it looks almost like a lionel set.

These are all great entries! :thumbup:

My vote goes to

SNCF Freight Train by Selander

since this train includes everything a decent cargo train set should include: big engine, freight waggons of different kinds, fork lift and some accessory.

Klaus-Dieter

Excellent Job to all the entries :thumbup:

I voted for Dresden Rail Car, which is really cool :classic:

I had to vote for The Brick Express. I love that train, and I want one on my layout! That was my favourite entry because it made me laugh at the concept of having a train literally made from bricks. :laugh:

Well done to all though. :thumbup:

Voted for the Amsterdam tram.

It was a very difficult choise between the PF freight train and this tram. Both are very realistic.

Tha pancho train looks nice, but it's not the scene that's important. The train is and these two are more my cup of tea.

Edited by Grunneger

The same reason why I didn't vote for the Pancho train. I however voted for the PF freight train.

My favorite was the London Overground.

There are just so many SNOT techniques used for the front and the doors! :wub:

If we had that three point voting, I would have voted for this (two points), the Pancho Villa Raid (one point).

Good luck everyone!

So many favourites and only one point to award... I have to admit, voting in this category was even tougher than the other two. Great job to every single entrant - I do hope we will still see such marvellous trains posted here on EB even after the Contest is over!

Congratulations BMW, for that amazing detailed entry ever! :thumbup:

Thanks Brickster for coordinating and hosting this wonderful train contest experience in EB. Really appericate the efforts and time that you have put in for this contest. Love those thumbnails too. :sweet:

Congratulation for the winner - it was also my choice. This train is just spectakular :classic:

But the competition was very hard, and was many other fantastic entries.

I hope there will be another contest next year.

Thanks to everyone who voted for my tram!

And congratulations of course to BMW, a well-deserved win.

I don't drop by this forum much but just wanted to wish a warm congratulations to the three winners! All outstanding entries, but BMW, you deserve the 1st prize for that amazing creation - its so full of detail and charm you can't help but love it!

Well done everyone :sweet:

Congrats to all winners of all of the categories and a big Thank You to the Brickster for the good work he did for this contest!

Thank-you to everyone for your kind words, and to the other builders for so many incredible MOCs. Every time I think all uses for a certain part of construction technique have been discovered... someone finds a new way. I truly enjoy seeing the innovation that contests like this inspire, and from which we all benefit. Moreover, this contest has definely raised the profile of the traintech forum so a big thanks to TheBrickster for his efforts in organizing this contest.

- BMW