Lars

[MOC] AT-ST from the Endor set 8038 modified into a two-seater

indexed.gif

The new AT-ST that comes with the big Endor set has an interesting design. A lot of techniques and part choices rarly used in official sets. I like this walker a lot, but I think it's kind of sad that the first really good minifig AT-ST has to be part of such a large set. In a set with just the walker they could've used more pieces and gone all the way with this basic design idea that has the potential for the first official movie accurate AT-ST.

I know I'm going to start from scratch some day and use a few ideas from this walker combined with some of my mods for the 7657 walker and finally make a nice and small minifig chicken walker. For that project I needed to know if the cockpit of the new one could fit two drivers with some minor modifications. It turned out to be fairly easy. I only had to remove five, and add thirteen bricks to put in the four and a half studs wide seating arrangement from my modded 7657 AT-ST.

This pic should help you figure it out if you have the set and would like to do this modification yourself.

3769225563_9d9a0a92a7_m.jpg

Edited by KimT

Please delete this post.

Why did u post that?

You should be more respectful to your fellow member who probably worked hard to mod it.

Sorry for being a mini mod.

As for the mod, I think it's great as i've been trying to do something like that for a while.

Another masterpiece lars.

I really like your mod. The outside looks virtually the same were as on the inside a great deal has changed. Shame about the arm arrangements but it's far better than what LEGO have done and it's not noticeable anyway :thumbup:.

I love it! this is definintly a great mod to the set!

Why did u post that?

You should be more respectful to your fellow member who probably worked hard to mod it.

Sorry for being a mini mod.

As for the mod, I think it's great as i've been trying to do something like that for a while.

Another masterpiece lars.

i think he might mean his post not the topic.

I love looking at mods of sets. If I ever get this set I'll be sure to do some very similar mods.

It's nice seeing the pictures of it taken apart. :thumbup:

looks good and It was disappointing that it did only come with one seat in the cockpit. Your mod looks like a good one but Im not into moding sets that much.

Great work still.

Great MOC Lars :wub:

I missed out on this MOC, but thanks to KimT's indexing it came to my attention.

Cant believe why TLC didnt make this happen in the Endor set. In my opinion all lego AT-ST's should have two seats because that's accurate. At least you showed them it can be done fairly easy and I will definitly use your instruction to adjust mine.

So thumbs up for this :thumbup:

A great MOD Lars, AT-STs should always have the capacity for 2 pilots! I thought it was tricky enough building for 2 while keeping to scale with my MOC - nevermind the official version. On a side note it's nice to see LEGO saw fit to release a new AT-ST - I rather like it - as opposed to the last version which was pretty dreadful. The 2 seat MOD makes it all the better. Nice one!

Please delete this post.

Harsh. And as yet still no reason whatsoever as to why you made such a remark.

Very well done, looks great! I actually don't like the new AT-ST a lot but with this modification i might even reconsider my opinion. When i'll get my Endor I'll certainly follow your pics to adapt mine in the same way.