WesternOutlaw

New Ideas for Pirate LEGO Sets

If Lego re-releases or makes a new series of pirates, what do you think they should make?  

265 members have voted

1. 1. If Lego re-releases or makes a new series of pirates, what do you think they should make?

• Pirates of the Caribbean license and theme
    • A new very accurate/detailed pirate ship (mini-fig scale)
    • Imperial Armada army (large fig set)
    • A port/seaside town or village (houses, shops, docks)
    • A new pirate island (cove, cliffs, and caves)
    • Re-release/Legend - Eldorado Fortress (6276)
    • Re-release/Legend - Imperial Trading post (6277)
    • Re-release/Legend - Other favorite Pirate set
    • Forget Pirates! Been there, done that!
    • Other NEW Pirate set never released

A few pirate set ideas for you to ponder on and pillage. I'm partial to a new Pirates of the Caribbean ghost ship but would like to see a seaside town/village.

I love the seaside village town idea which would be fantastic! But my armada army really needs a boost...I'de love to see the armada as pumped as the gaurds and soldiers(French and english if you like)...In any case if I can get good pirate sets like in the good old days...I wasnt really around then, I remember seeing a few pirate sets when I was very young....I would go nuts to see anything pirate new!!!!

Some ghost ships would rock. I'd like some shredded sails and whatnot, but a Seaside village would be good, like a Pirates Pillage set, where pirates are lotting the town.

Yeah, that would rock.

Of course, some entirely new pirates sets would be good.

I voted for the new pirate Island. I don't know about you, but besides the ships, the island hideouts were always so much fun for me as a child. Great playability and customization potential just in the idea!

Though I'd never object to a new ship or two ;)

I would like just one giant pirate island, like a treasure cove with caves, cliffs, and coves. There should be a continuation of the islanders as well. I also like the idea of a pirate village, a harbor.

I voted NEW Pirates. You could have red ones, green ones, purple ones and baby blue ones....wait a minute, that's been done with my favourite theme already, why ruin my second favourite...

Seriously though, releasing Legends as a way to test the waters would be a good idea. Given the popularity of the theme it should do well. MB currently has a bizarre looking Pyrates (sp?) line so maybe in a bit? The more realistic looking ships, the better. Get rid of the JS masts as they totally ruined the Viking longship.

Pirates of the Caribbean would be an awesome theme. Esp. compared to Spider Man, Bat Man, most definately Sponge Bob, and even Harry Potter.

Imagine the ships, the island sets, and the town. - very nice.

Port Royale :D that would be nice...... Although it would be verry hard to make nicely without removing everything...It would have a lot of pieces and be quite expensive! Nonetheless black pearl would be pretty:D and last but not least..MORE PIRATES :D

I voted for the port !!!

I think we have enough licences already !!! Do not forget that licences = higher prices !!!

As long as its not reissued sets, I'm fine with it !!! Also bring more islands !!!

i didn't vote because a theme will most likely have a pirate ship, a fort, an imperial fleet of some kind... it would be a bit of everything...

Voted for Pirates of the Caribbean! I love this movie, and Jack Sparrow (pardon, CAPITAN Jack Sparrow) as minifig would be wonderful!!!

This could be very interesting :-D

Ok... Lets do this by elimination!

Definitely no licences! Despite enjoying the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie I wouldn't like to see sets based from it. (Do I really need to repeat myself for the umpteenth reason as to why?) Besides, the subsequent movies might not be so good.

So there's one that's not getting my vote!

I knew we would get a large lecture from u mister phes..But of course u and I seem like the ones who love and apreciate the Pirate lines the most soo we take it more seriously, seeing what is needed what is not...I look forward to your reasoning.

Edit: WHO CHOSE "Forget Pirates! Been there, done that!" *devil* I dont know what you deserve..Nothing is suitable for this kind of thinking....You should be shot in the feet..On each toe...Then the fingers...slowly cutting you up..Walking the plank.... Stranded on an island..hung and beat up. and then left to bleed to your death.

Port/seaside town.

Pirates needed to have a place to raid and carry govenors daughters away from. Never been done and it needs to be. ;)

Edit: WHO CHOSE "Forget Pirates! Been there, done that!" *devil* I dont know what you deserve..Nothing is suitable for this kind of thinking....You should be shot in the feet..On each toe...Then the fingers...slowly cutting you up..Walking the plank.... Stranded on an island..hung and beat up. and then left to bleed to your death.

I did. Because I think Pirates and Vikings at the same time wouldn't be good for either theme. But thanks for your compliments.

New and not seen before. Think about it a new breed of pirates to mix with the original theme :oD

KimT

Edit: WHO CHOSE "Forget Pirates! Been there, done that!"  I dont know what you deserve..Nothing is suitable for this kind of thinking....You should be shot in the feet..On each toe...Then the fingers...slowly cutting you up..Walking the plank.... Stranded on an island..hung and beat up. and then left to bleed to your death.

I did. Because I think Pirates and Vikings at the same time wouldn't be good for either theme. But thanks for your compliments.

You know im just kidding of course? No offence I respect what you say but if LEGO is going to make them, then dont opose it!!!!!!!!! Because I want them soo bad!

I also selected "been there, done that". No offense to Pirate fans, but I suspect that a new Pirate line would mean the end of an existing line (ie Vikings). I honestly believe that the Pirate line was one of the most complete lines in LEGO history. I would rather see new themes (possibly a Roman line).

Sorry.

Lego definately has made numerous pirate sets over the years, but just like castles, Pirates are among the top all-time themes and endless. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with having both Viking and Pirates at the same time. In fact, I think I like pirates better. And the reason is that pirate and armada ships tie in nicely with castle sets. Vikings just not as well.