• Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Set name: Kaxium V3

Number: 8993

Pieces: 251

Price: $29.99 USD, 722 CZK

The Box :

The front side of the Europian box contains it´s name, picture of Kaxium somewhere in the Wastelands, Scarabax / Skrall symbol and it´s number. I believe that the front side of the US version additionally contains piece count, chocking hazard and other warnings.

dsc01476e.jpg

The back shows us how to fire the Thornax launcher, the vehicle seperation feature, bio code and it also advertises Baranus and Thornatus sets.

dsc01475c.jpg

Then there are the same 3 picture from the movie like on any other titan sized set. (Scopio, Thornatus and Mata Click ones)

Look at the magnificent random page! :

dsc01478v.jpg

Building :

The building is easy and fast, drivers are click, click done, the vehicle´s completion takes about 15 - 20 minutes but there really is nothing hard to understand and it´s quite enjoyable. The tires are a bit annoying, takes a while to put them on their rims but that´s about it. I´m sorry, I have no pictures of the building process, kinda forgot about it...but you can imagine a pile of blue pieces lying around my carpet, can´t you?

Drivers :

Kirbraz (the one with black limbs) and Scodonius (the other one, duh) are standard weaponless Agori sized figures. They are acceptable, since this is a vehicle set. It probably would have been better for them to have different masks but I like the masks they have now so much, my head probably won´t explode because of it. You can harvest the life counters from Kaxium and put them on their backs, If you like the SAFG that much.

dsc01470p.jpg

The vehicle :

Kaxium looks amazing with it´s drivers but reveals a major flaw should you take them off. It´s gappy. You won´t notice it with drivers on but take them off and it looks really weird and uncompleted (they probably just wanted it to be cheaper). TLC tried to hide it on the back of the box by showing the vehicle from a cleverly chosen angle but it´s there. On the other hands, this vehicle looks great with Kirbold and Scodonius. Scodonius´ bike has a Thornax launcher, Kirbold probably has to ram through his enemies because there are no Midaks, nor Tornax launchers attached to his ride. You attache the pilots using Toa Mistika / Phantoka connecting piece situated on their backs. Then you are pretty much ready to swoosh your vehicle all over your room.

Together :

dsc01464j.jpg

Bye Bye Scodonius :

dsc01465w.jpg

Super Action Camera :

dsc01466y.jpg

The connection :

dsc01467o.jpg

His Gappiness

dsc01468s.jpg

Lazy drivers :

dsc01469.jpg

Overall Design : 7/10

Vehicle : 4/10 (It sucks by itself, *ehm* gappy *ehm*)

Drivers : 8/10 (They do the trick)

Playability : 9/10 (Swooshable on most surfaces, nice features)

Price : 7/10 (Acceptable)

Build : 5/10 (Nothing new, standard)

Woohoo!!!! :

dsc01472l.jpg

BFF :

dsc01473yja.jpg

Sorry for the photo quality and possible grammar and spelling mistakes. Hope you enjoyed the review.

Thanks for that review. :thumbup:

I must say, other than having 4 components, this set is a poorly built bike. It's nothing but a flat structure with weels and handelbars. :sceptic:

Think of this: You could have this or Takanuva 2008.

It's a no-brainer(takky)

Ya know, if you don't like them being twins, just flip one of their masks around. ;]

Thank you for a nice review.

This is a set I haven't built, but it is one of the best looking of the 2009 vehicles in my opinion, only second to Skopio.

It is disapointing though that it's hard to make a turn with it, while rolling it on the ground. But I have to say, I did not even know you could seperate the two halfes of the vehicles, making two fine single track stand-alone vehicles.

Front

Ya know, if you don't like them being twins, just flip one of their masks around. ;]

Or do what I did and steal a helmet for Kirbold :p

It was a good review and I bought them. But no one

seems to emphasize on how big the back wheel of

the bigger one is. It's quite big.

Yes that´s an option. :) Would be nicer to have Ackar´s mask in silver, though...

Or do what I did and steal a helmet for Kirbold :p

It was a good review and I bought them. But no one

seems to emphasize on how big the back wheel of

the bigger one is. It's quite big.

Thank you! I thought that Thornatus has bigger one or am I mistaken?

Thank you! I thought that Thornatus has bigger one or am I mistaken?

Much bigger, but that one is just basic plastic.

The wheels (tire) on this set are rubber, like on technic sets.

I'm pretty sure the rear wheel is the same that was used in the 2008 Exo-Force tank.

I'm not sure which Technic sets use this tire, but surely some must do, maybe the 4wd off-roader of 2008.

This looks like a very fun vehicle, and I can't wait to get my paws on those helms! This is a little overpriced IMO due to it's size. I mean, it's dwarfed by Stronius, who, himself, is quite small.