Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

I think that you already know how it works. Each person adds one characteristic (realistic or absurd) of a typical Lego fan. There is no end to the game and you can post as many times as you want (as long as it does not become spam).

I begin with :

1. Your main curse is "megablok!"

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

...when you find an old, dusty Lego head on the ground and bring it home, wash it, scrub it clean, and add it to your collection. :tongue:

...You know more about LEGO than the local second hand toy store (who sells sets and parts) and can get some rare parts at a good price because the store guy doesn't know they are rare

...when you accidentally stepped on some LEGO bricks bare-footed and then apologise to the bricks, fearing that they might have got hurt.

...you spend $60 on a special dust remover that gets into special cracks and doesn't yellow plastic...

Yeah. :tongue:

...you know what the term '1x5' means.

...you have a rider on your homeowners insurance to cover your LEGO collection.

...the phrase 'SNOT Technique' neither confuses you nor grosses you out.

...your house is burglarized and the first thing you check is whether all of your LEGO is safe.

...your LEGO collection is worth more than the GDP per capita of most countries.

...when you live in the U.S. and travel to the U.K. just to get the "Good Wizard" impulse.

...if you look to a building, figure out how you can build it.

...knows what STAMP, SNIR, BURP and LURP means.

...knows what studded and studless means.

...you think at a LEGO set every time you hear for example '6399'.

...knows what Bley means.

...can find a bley piece in a barrel with 10,000 old grey pieces.

Edited by Richie

You know you are a LEGO fan when...

...the LEGO store close to you employees and manager know you by name.

...you get mad when people say "lego's" when it should be "LEGO".

...you start to sell off your other hobby to fund your LEGO. (me selling my diecasts to buy LEGO :laugh: )

...you can find LEGO in every room of your house.

Well, thats all I can think of right now.

:laugh:

Excellent, everyone!

...when you pour Lego bricks in your cereal bowl.

Edited by Trudop561

...when you find an old, dusty Lego head on the ground and bring it home, wash it, scrub it clean, and add it to your collection. :tongue:

...when you're jealous that Spyder got a free head and you didn't :sadnew:

I got a free Stormtrooper helmet once, half buried in the dirt! It was just my luck until I found that the stud receiver was broken, so the helmet would always slide off the head. :cry_sad:

On topic:

...when you go through one hundred search links to prove how much you know about Lego to someone else and find out what STAMP, SNIR, BURP, and LURP mean. :tongue:

....When you are willing to travel to a different country to meet other Lego fans and get great deals on Lego.

You join Eurobricks forum and read every SINGLE review on this site

You dig up your storeroom, look in every box to look for the smallest Lego part in storage.

You wish you can dig up your other storeroom which is too full of stuff coz you believe there are more Lego trap in there :vader:

You check the price of the set you wish to have in USD, GBP, DK, AUD and RM to get a brief idea on how much you need to spend to get that set

You go to Peeron and download the parts list and instructions to rebuild your old sets

You create an inventory of all the missing parts to your sets and vow that you will restore the sets to its full glory using Bricklink to purchase the missing parts

You constantly scan Ebay, the local flea market, local forum for amazing deals on Lego

You make impulse purchases on rare sets like 8448 when it was going cheap and someone out of the blue was letting it go :guilty: :blush:

You ALWAYS check out the Lego section in the mall/shopping complex/departmental store that you are in

I think that sums up a typical collector :tongue:

... when you see a set you clearly don't have enough cash for - then go on a spending spree!

(By the way guys, I don't know if the MODs will feel the same way about this, but there has been other mass post threads shut down)

(The picture wars thread where you had to beat each other by posting pics was cancelled, but this might not as it is more relevant to Lego)

You painstakingly check the floor and every nook and cranny before using the vacuum cleaner, lest you suck up a piece !

You have invented your own categorization system for piece types which is different than the official, but it's better !

You have bookmarked over 100 online LEGO shops. Just going through them, to find a set $5 cheaper, costs you a day. Meaning you have worked for a $5 daily wage !

You can't sleep well when your work in progress MOC is not satisfactory !

Edited by Yloquen

...when first thing to do in the morning is to check Brickshelf...

...When you think in every idle moment how to solve that mechanism/section/steering...

...when you have money and think what you can order...

yeah, it is good to be a LEGO fan... :grin:

....When you are willing to travel to a different country to meet other Lego fans and get great deals on Lego.

*cough*Günzburg Event*cough* :blush::wub:

...when the worst thing your mum can punish you with is to take away a piece of your LEGO (or throw a piece away... :cry_sad: ...I´ll never be disobedient again... :sing: )

...Ban Roadwalker!! :vader: :skull:

:tongue:

Edited by Dennimator

You painstakingly check the floor and every nook and cranny before using the vacuum cleaner, lest you suck up a piece !

I haven't vacuumed my Lego room in about 6 months. :laugh:

That is why you have a vacuum with a canister and not bag, I suck up tons of bricks in my room, just take them out of the bit of dust, rinse them under water, good as new.

Here is a good one:

You know you are a LEGO fan when you are going to your weekly car club event, stop at the LEGO store before the meet, spend all the money on PaB and have no cash left for dinner. (I do it almost every week) :tongue:

I also found a Mutt torso on my school bus and guess what? I brought it home and washed it, and added it to my collection. :cry_happy: