Teddy

MOC: Public Library MOC

indexed.gif B-OM-3B

Dear all,

the last weeks I've been working on and off on this MOC, since my time is sparse lately.

I'd like to thank CGH for his feedback during the build. :classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

---------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Whiskers place to lent books:

Main view:

3749179673_420e4401b5.jpg

Front view:

3749178301_92c416c0d9.jpg

Backview, The tree in the garden was planted at the grand opening in 1904:

3749178605_dac084cef4.jpg

The Library in my modular street:

3749179149_3694e92780.jpg

Oh my! That's absolutely miraculous! Teddy, you certainly are a one-of-a-kind builder. How you have the bricks to build all of these incredible MOCS I will never know. One after another your buildings have surprised and pleased me, at least! Now I'd like to know how you curved those pillars...

PS nice shout-out to Fire Brigade with your "1904" and "Public Library" signs.

Also I think it would be nice for all of us if you shared a few interior pics..

Great job! You almost need a real street to display your modular town :) very nice details etc. I also like the columns very much.

That's a truly monumental building, very impressive indeed! I love how the columns are done, quite convincing! The amount of relief on the facade is impressive, even using Lego studs for some of the detail. The window surrounds are great as well. There is great depth to the front of the building. The rear is just the right balance of plainness and yet with some of the architectural detail such as around the windows that keep the tone of it.

The trees are perfect, their placement and scale filling out the scene just the required amount - they aren't too fussy and the ones at the front decorate the building just as real trees placed in such a way would.

The red roof works very well for this building, I wouldn't have expected it. The little details on the chimneys and the urns are nice finishing touches at the top.

Well done - quite a wonderful addition to the street, which already looks amazing (that railway station or what have you looks amazing too).

Great! Next to the grand entrance (the columns, the stairs), the garden is a really nice touch. Is that Mr. Wiskers secret office on the top floor (little window with a view on the garden)? Is there an interior to the building (I doubt if anyone has enough Lego books to fill an entire public library though).

Edited by Rick

This is really awesome. You are truly a great builder! :thumbup: The look of this library is really outstanding with the matching colors and very nice details. It's the details that do it. The greenery is also very nice, I like the trees. I would love to see this on a big city layout.

:sweet:

Its a fantastic library. I like the little touches like th wear and tear on the roof and walls. And that street is cool with all the buildings lined up. Like some of the others I'll like to know whether there's an interior to the building.

Dear all,

thanks for all the cool replies. :classic:

As for an interior, it is planned but not in there yet.

The floorplanning is done, that is why the staircase is in an extension at the back.

But, I need to do some additional BL orders to get all the required parts.

I'm going on a 3 week holliday next week so I wont be able to build the interior anytime soon.

But I wanted to share the exterior pictures non the less. :classic:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Very cool work (again) Teddy!

The funniest fact about your complete street is, that your buildings really outdo the official ones! :laugh:

Do you know what? I´m not going to browse your topics any more - it makes me feel sooo small. :cry_sad:

:wink:

Teddy - That is truely an amazing Library. Your attention to detail is fantastic. It is a creation very much worthy of being in your very beautiful town! :thumbup:

How did you do that second story center window?

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker

As for an interior, it is planned but not in there yet.

The floorplanning is done, that is why the staircase is in an extension at the back.

This may be a dumb question, but how will you be able to build the interior?

Example; Does the roof come off, is the Library modular, etc.?

Anyway, excellent work. The detail in this is amazing, and I really love those columns. :wub:

As usual, an amazing and wonderfully detailed lego monument, Teddy 11/10 :thumbup:

The best details for me are without doubt the street lamps and all the "green" elements, but also the little grey plates in the walls breaking the tan monotony (nice idea btw) and the great designed columns of the entry. As Milan said it's a really devoted work and you must be some kind of monk of the order of St. Lego :tongue::wink:

Wow Teddy, this is your best MOC to date in my opinion. Well at least best complete MOC, I reckon that Victory will be pretty sweet when it's done.

I love the pillars on this, you seem to have used that crows nest piece right? I am truly amazed at your work.

Does it have a highly detailed interior? :pir-grin:

Well done mate, you really are a master of the brick. :thumbup:

This is really fabulous... I do hope Lego HQ will take a good look at your Modulair street additions and that they will consider a new Lego Factory item, as a follow up to Market Street... Surely it will be more expensive considering the amount of parts, but given the level of detail and originality, that shouldn't be a problem for a lot of people...

Thanks for sharing and, personally, I can't wait for your the interior and / or next model... :classic:

Have a nice holiday!

I am speechless right now :oh: It looks amazing, by far the best modular building I've seen

Edited by prateek

Damn this makes the Cafe Corner and Green Grocer look so tiny! Very impressing buildings you design sir.

I've been wondering how tan with white looks for a while now and I only concluded that those 2 colors aren't a good match but the way you used them here is just fantastic, it works!

Fantastic! Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!

While it looks out of place when next to the official sets, it looks like it belonged in a real city before you came and brickified it, and placed it in yours! The color balance of it is great, the details likewise, and well. What more can I say?

Y'know, it did remind me a lot of Jamie's City Hall, but I can't help but think that this one outdoes it my a mile. :wink:

And what is taking Billund so long to contact you? :sweet:

The next-after-next modular building from Lego might be your creation.

Awesome work again, Teddy. You're too brick-cool.