Jump to content


Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory MOC


16 replies to this topic

#1 LegoLyons

LegoLyons

    Posts: 366
    Joined: 22-February 08
    Member: 2800

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image
I am currently working on a much bigger scene based upon the book Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, but its some way off, some I decided to do a smallish vig/moc.

Please let me know what you think.

Posted Image

There are more pics and bigger images at my flickr page flickr

Edited by Rufus, 23 July 2011 - 05:19 PM.
Indexed


#2 tin7_creations

tin7_creations

    Posts: 823
    Joined: 09-April 08
    Member: 3001
    Country: Canada

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:30 PM

View PostLegoLyons, on Jul 22 2009, 12:18 PM, said:

I am currently working on a much bigger scene based upon the book Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, but its some way off, some I decided to do a smallish vig/moc.

Please let me know what you think.

Posted Image

There are more pics and bigger images at my flickr page flickr

omg this is perfect!. the only thing i have against it is the face for willy wonka. i don't like the sunglasses... can't wait to see your oompa loompas!
My Flickr
Posted Image

#3 Spyder

Spyder

  • Minifig Identikit


    Posts: 877
    Joined: 28-February 09
    Member: 5419
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

Wow! everything is great! I love how you made the candy mushrooms and flowers. The boy's pose as he falls in is good too. Willie Wonka is perfect, I think that head suits him well, unless there is a better one that I can't think of right now. Those vines look great, how did you make them?
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Long Live The Nizam!

Quoting Charlieboy:

Quote

Be carefull playing lego in the nude,those small parts can get everywhere!!!

#4 LegoLyons

LegoLyons

    Posts: 366
    Joined: 22-February 08
    Member: 2800

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:25 PM

View PostSpyder, on Jul 22 2009, 07:18 PM, said:

Wow! everything is great! I love how you made the candy mushrooms and flowers. The boy's pose as he falls in is good too. Willie Wonka is perfect, I think that head suits him well, unless there is a better one that I can't think of right now. Those vines look great, how did you make them?
Well thanks.  The vines are the plastic that comes around these pieces bricklink.

As for the head, I have a couple more options, but like this one as its close to the Jonny Depp character.

#5 Spyder

Spyder

  • Minifig Identikit


    Posts: 877
    Joined: 28-February 09
    Member: 5419
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

View PostLegoLyons, on Jul 22 2009, 04:25 PM, said:

Well thanks.  The vines are the plastic that comes around these pieces bricklink.

As for the head, I have a couple more options, but like this one as its close to the Jonny Depp character.

What an ingenious use of parts! I would have never guessed that they were made out of that. :thumbup:

I liked the second movie better than the original, so I'm glad you decided to use the Jonny version of Wonka.
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Long Live The Nizam!

Quoting Charlieboy:

Quote

Be carefull playing lego in the nude,those small parts can get everywhere!!!

#6 samthelegoman1

samthelegoman1

    Posts: 573
    Joined: 10-July 08
    Member: 3499
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

Is the person in the chocolate supposed to be a lady?  Because I'm pretty sure Agustus Gloop fell in there.  Otherwise, a great MOC!

#7 Spyder

Spyder

  • Minifig Identikit


    Posts: 877
    Joined: 28-February 09
    Member: 5419
    Country: USA

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

View Postsamthelegoman1, on Jul 22 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

Is the person in the chocolate supposed to be a lady?  Because I'm pretty sure Agustus Gloop fell in there.  Otherwise, a great MOC!

I'm pretty sure Augustus Gloop has blonde, wavy hair. (At least in the original)
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Long Live The Nizam!

Quoting Charlieboy:

Quote

Be carefull playing lego in the nude,those small parts can get everywhere!!!

#8 tin7_creations

tin7_creations

    Posts: 823
    Joined: 09-April 08
    Member: 3001
    Country: Canada

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

View PostSpyder, on Jul 22 2009, 01:44 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Augustus Gloop has blonde, wavy hair. (At least in the original)

problem is Augustus Gloop is a boy, and the head used is a female head.
My Flickr
Posted Image

#9 Emperor Claudius Rome

Emperor Claudius Rome

    Posts: 1187
    Joined: 01-June 09
    Member: 6263

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

View Posttin7, on Jul 22 2009, 02:55 PM, said:

problem is Augustus Gloop is a boy, and the head used is a female head.

It's because there is no sceaming boy head

Can't wait to see your next Vig :wink:
REAL MEN WATCH MLP
*Edit by Hinckley: While this may be true, the Site Guidelines require text no larger than size 3 in your signature. Thank you.

Like History? If so, this is your kind of thread!

#10 HumanPackMule

HumanPackMule

    Posts: 740
    Joined: 29-May 09
    Member: 6241
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

View PostEmperor Claudius Rome, on Jul 22 2009, 05:32 PM, said:

It's because there is no sceaming boy head

Can't wait to see your next Vig :wink:
He could use the screaming man head found in many castle sets.
For an optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it is half empty. To the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

#11 tin7_creations

tin7_creations

    Posts: 823
    Joined: 09-April 08
    Member: 3001
    Country: Canada

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:47 PM

View PostArthas, on Jul 22 2009, 02:34 PM, said:

He could use the screaming man head found in many castle sets.

i think he didn't use those because they're yellow and not flesh.
My Flickr
Posted Image

#12 Matn

Matn

  • supermegaawesome


    Posts: 1615
    Joined: 13-October 07
    Member: 2084
    Country: Belgium

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

Very nice scene of an awesome movie. The head fits, although he seems a bit to angry. But it works. I think the head for Augustus works extremely well, he has a girly look, so it suits him! Great job, I'm looking forward to your bigger creation.  :thumbup:

#13 HumanPackMule

HumanPackMule

    Posts: 740
    Joined: 29-May 09
    Member: 6241
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

View Posttin7, on Jul 22 2009, 04:47 PM, said:

i think he didn't use those because they're yellow and not flesh.
My bad. Forgot about that.
For an optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it is half empty. To the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.

#14 LegoLyons

LegoLyons

    Posts: 366
    Joined: 22-February 08
    Member: 2800

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:31 AM

View PostSpyder, on Jul 22 2009, 07:44 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure Augustus Gloop has blonde, wavy hair. (At least in the original)

Correct. And thanks for sticking up for me. :cry_happy:  I took references from both the films, and the book too.

View Posttin7, on Jul 22 2009, 07:55 PM, said:

problem is Augustus Gloop is a boy, and the head used is a female head.

Um, so does that make the basic lego head >  :classic:   <with the smile a boy or a girl? I look at all heads as uni-sex, I thought it fitted him perfectly, but good observations, so what do you think of the moc, other than not liking the head?  :tongue:

View PostMatn, on Jul 22 2009, 08:50 PM, said:

Very nice scene of an awesome movie. The head fits, although he seems a bit to angry. But it works. I think the head for Augustus works extremely well, he has a girly look, so it suits him! Great job, I'm looking forward to your bigger creation.  :thumbup:
Thanks. Wonka was angry as Gloop contaminated his chocolate river.  :cry_happy: .

I am working on the creation as we speak, awaiting some further parts, but have most of the characters done. I'm looking forward to it too.  :classic:

Edited by LegoLyons, 23 July 2009 - 06:31 AM.


#15 BlueBard

BlueBard

    Posts: 2225
    Joined: 21-February 08
    Member: 2796
    Country: Spain

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

Really nice! Very colorful vig and great use of "candy" parts and tiles for the chocolate river  :thumbup:

#16 LegoLyons

LegoLyons

    Posts: 366
    Joined: 22-February 08
    Member: 2800

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

I have added some pictures of the cast, including the oompa loompa's. Tell me what you think please.

Posted Image

Golden ticket winners & parents.

Edited by LegoLyons, 30 July 2009 - 05:15 PM.


#17 MrTools

MrTools

    Posts: 510
    Joined: 02-December 08
    Member: 4572
    Country: United States

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:49 AM

While i personaly realy disliked the movie, you realy did a good job on this, i love the use of all the colors and swirling discs. The Ompa loompas are great along with the other guy, i cant remember his name :wacko:



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users