Jump to content


Huuuuge Imperial Sculpture!!!


  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic  – Started by Mister Phes , Dec 17 2005 04:11 AM

#26 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • WordPress Wizard


    Posts: 20385
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:24 PM

Approximately how big is that in (metres preferably)?  It would be good if there was a person in that picture to give me a sense of scale.

#27 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

I've been in LEGOland Billund once, and what surprises me is that nobody mentioned something about the very big LEGO Black Seas Barracude in the cave, it is a real beauty, sadly I couldn't take a picture, it was too dark for my camera :-(

#28 The Commodore

The Commodore

    Posts: 22
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 864
    Country: uk

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:04 PM

View PostNorro, on Jan 11 2006, 07:42 PM, said:

mister_phes, on Jan 11 2006, 03:37 PM, said:

Roughly how big would you say it was?  And how much more of it is there which cannot be seen in that picture?
That's the whole fort except for a rope bridge (at the same scale) round the back. The full tour also features the CC with firing cannons and a whole lot of pirate-in-cave scenes...

        God Bless,

               Nathan



The ride has the caribbean clipper? Is it made of Lego?

These pictures are excellent, not many pictures exist closer to the fort and I have never been to the Danish lego park. I have only been to the windsor park.

As for the forts scale its obviously smaller. The jail cell at the back of elderado fortress has been removed (So tempted to call it fort sabre!).

Its always good to see pirate resources like these detailing what lengths Lego went to promote the Pirate theme. Lots of the Imperial soldiers Flags aroudn the park.

#29 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • WordPress Wizard


    Posts: 20385
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:05 PM

Was there anything as good as this at the Windsor Park, Commodore?

#30 El Bucanero

El Bucanero
  • Kiwi addiction!


    Posts: 3547
    Joined: 14-July 06
    Member: 851
    Country: Canada

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

View PostThe Commodore, on Sep 14 2006, 06:04 PM, said:

The ride has the caribbean clipper? Is it made of Lego?
I don't know anything about a big CC out of LEGO, but I do know that there is a big BSB made out of lego in the Danish Park.

#31 Aaron Morse

Aaron Morse
  • I was the Master


    Posts: 314
    Joined: 28-July 06
    Member: 873
    Country: Canada

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

Imagine the poor fella that will have to change over the characters skin tone from yellow to the new more realistic skin tone...unless they all have yellow fever!
�The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a pirate.�

Bern Williams

#32 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • WordPress Wizard


    Posts: 20385
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:51 AM

Changing the skin tones would be sacriledge!  Its not like yellow skinned mini-figures are becoming obsolete - is it?  Or has there be news I don't know about?  Still, even if all the mini-figures did become skin tone why would this sculpture need to be updated?  That's like putting pants on David (or some other daft artistic analogy that fits)

#33 oo7

oo7
  • Master Carpenter


    Posts: 2892
    Joined: 27-May 06
    Member: 788
    Country: The US of A

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:13 AM

Did anyone notice that pirate fella in the cave at the very right of the picture?
Posted Image

#34 Aaron Morse

Aaron Morse
  • I was the Master


    Posts: 314
    Joined: 28-July 06
    Member: 873
    Country: Canada

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:42 PM

Poor David. he's been neked for years and years maybe he does need pants....and to be painted with the new skin tone as well!   But seriously if they discontinue the old yellow and start using the new skin tone for all lego lines there's gonna be an awful lot of orientals in my lego armies.  I've got like 1200 minifigs and only a handful are of the new variety.

Aaron

PS For anyone offended by my above comments on color of skin please forgive me, I'm English Canadian we only pick on the French Canadians...and for any one who's French or French Canadian, my wife is French Canadian which makes my children half french and provides me with partial immunity and if you've ever heard the french around here it would make you laugh. Example:" Oui je messais le car dans la garage et je go for un walk avec mon dog."   Wait...yep...I rambling...sorry


View PostMister Phes, on Sep 14 2006, 08:51 PM, said:

Changing the skin tones would be sacriledge!  Its not like yellow skinned mini-figures are becoming obsolete - is it?  Or has there be news I don't know about?  Still, even if all the mini-figures did become skin tone why would this sculpture need to be updated?  That's like putting pants on David (or some other daft artistic analogy that fits)

�The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a pirate.�

Bern Williams

#35 The Commodore

The Commodore

    Posts: 22
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 864
    Country: uk

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

View PostMister Phes, on Sep 14 2006, 05:05 PM, said:

Was there anything as good as this at the Windsor Park, Commodore?

Theres pirate falls, which is pretty much just a standard theme park log flume, Lots of pirates dotted around it though.When I vistedit was in 1998 when pirates were no longer available, so there were no pirate sets to purchase. But strangely they had lego commercials on a loop in the gift shop including the pirate ones.

#36 Scouty

Scouty
  • 6 weeks late to the party!


    Posts: 7907
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 863

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:17 PM

Whheeezzeee. That's aswome looking. if only lego sold a set like that one in that size ;-)
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#37 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • WordPress Wizard


    Posts: 20385
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:37 AM

View Postoo7, on Sep 15 2006, 02:13 PM, said:

Did anyone notice that pirate fella in the cave at the very right of the picture?

No.  Why is he poor?  He's obviously escaped imprisioned he should be very happy.


View PostAaron Morse, on Sep 16 2006, 12:42 AM, said:

PS For anyone offended by my above comments on color of skin please forgive me, I'm English Canadian we only pick on the French Canadians...and for any one who's French or French Canadian, my wife is French Canadian which makes my children half french and provides me with partial immunity and if you've ever heard the french around here it would make you laugh. Example:" Oui je messais le car dans la garage et je go for un walk avec mon dog."   Wait...yep...I rambling...sorry

Since Evil Willy is one the of people you like to chatise he can decide your fate!  And he's a moderator too. :-D

#38 Aaron Morse

Aaron Morse
  • I was the Master


    Posts: 314
    Joined: 28-July 06
    Member: 873
    Country: Canada

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:44 AM

View PostMister Phes, on Sep 15 2006, 10:37 PM, said:

View Postoo7, on Sep 15 2006, 02:13 PM, said:

Did anyone notice that pirate fella in the cave at the very right of the picture?

No.  Why is he poor?  He's obviously escaped imprisioned he should be very happy.


View PostAaron Morse, on Sep 16 2006, 12:42 AM, said:

PS For anyone offended by my above comments on color of skin please forgive me, I'm English Canadian we only pick on the French Canadians...and for any one who's French or French Canadian, my wife is French Canadian which makes my children half french and provides me with partial immunity and if you've ever heard the french around here it would make you laugh. Example:" Oui je messais le car dans la garage et je go for un walk avec mon dog."   Wait...yep...I rambling...sorry

Since Evil Willy is one the of people you like to chatise he can decide your fate!  And he's a moderator too. :-D


Uhoh! Perhaps if my 3rd project is a french man of war, perhaps I can woo him from hoisting me from a petard.
�The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a pirate.�

Bern Williams

#39 Norrington

Norrington
  • Azufre Village Idiot


    Posts: 2032
    Joined: 07-October 06
    Member: 1009
    Country: America

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:45 AM

LOL!
Just returned from a 3 or so year dark age, so just getting back into the swing of things. :)

0o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o0o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o0
~Proprieter of Norrington's Fine Minifig Clothiers. Please visit my thread .~
~My MOCpages~My Maj Gallery~My Fan-Fiction.net Gallery~My Photobucket~My Brickshelf~My Youtube~


#40 Governor Broadside

Governor Broadside

    Posts: 148
    Joined: 15-May 06
    Member: 777

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:25 AM

Just a little FYI: according to the Ultimate LEGO Book, this guy on the small island
http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=1395713
was added "recently" while the other models have been around longer.

#41 Col. Whipstick

Col. Whipstick
  • Professor of Colonial History


    Posts: 529
    Joined: 13-November 06
    Member: 1079
    Country: England usually

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:07 PM

That thing looks increadible!

It has to be Legoland surely... is that still standing now or was that assembled years ago, when they were selling Pirates?  Does anyone have any idea?

I wanna go find it and shoplift the whole thing, might be a bugger to fit in my pocket though.  :-P

#42 Governor Broadside

Governor Broadside

    Posts: 148
    Joined: 15-May 06
    Member: 777

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:39 AM

It's been noted that it's from Legoland, Billund in Denmark.
It was probably built around the time the pirates came out, but it's probably still standing, AFAIK.

#43 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • WordPress Wizard


    Posts: 20385
    Joined: 19-March 05
    Member: 273

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:45 AM

View PostGovernor Broadside, on Nov 8 2006, 05:25 PM, said:

Just a little FYI: according to the Ultimate LEGO Book, this guy on the small island
http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=1395713
was added "recently" while the other models have been around longer.

Good work for informing us Governor Broadside.  Where can we acquire the Ultimate LEGO Book?

The picture isn't that big so we can post it directly into the thread!


Posted Image

#44 Governor Broadside

Governor Broadside

    Posts: 148
    Joined: 15-May 06
    Member: 777

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:12 AM

I bought the book on Amazon.com for about $10 I think, which included shipping.

#45 Col. Whipstick

Col. Whipstick
  • Professor of Colonial History


    Posts: 529
    Joined: 13-November 06
    Member: 1079
    Country: England usually

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

Bugger, had hoped it was up the road in Jolly Ol' Windsor and I might have had a chance to see it.  Even looking at the Robinson Crusoe figure on the island, doesn't it make you all wish you had a huge garden with a pool and about 20 tonnes of lego to just build you're own life size sets like this?

#46 Jesper

Jesper

    Posts: 79
    Joined: 27-June 06
    Member: 833
    Country: Denmark

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:29 PM

The whole island is made of DUPLO-bricks.

I have a lot of pictures of the whole ride.

I'll see if I can find the time, to upload it to Brickshelf tonight.

#47 Scouty

Scouty
  • 6 weeks late to the party!


    Posts: 7907
    Joined: 24-July 06
    Member: 863

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:32 PM

Duplo? I thought it'd be thousands of System bricks.
.Posted Image
"Mr. Nowhere" John Doe >:] | Bruno Bear, the watchmaker | Sassy Cooter | Scar Mimitsus >:] |
First Officer Commander Cameron Walters :3 | Casey Cat, Puuurfect painter | Sveinn, the Uninspired :3 | Scouty | L'il Scouty | Langston Lionheart >:]

#48 Jesper

Jesper

    Posts: 79
    Joined: 27-June 06
    Member: 833
    Country: Denmark

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:36 PM

View PostImperialScouts, on Nov 14 2006, 03:32 PM, said:

Duplo? I thought it'd be thousands of System bricks.
Oh yes, the soldiers are - I was talking about the buildings.

#49 Jesper

Jesper

    Posts: 79
    Joined: 27-June 06
    Member: 833
    Country: Denmark

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

Been through my pictures, and I remembered wrong. I only have a few pictures (at least, that's what I've found untill now, I'll keep searching).

The first is of the Island, which is the first thing you see on the ride.

On the picture it's me, with my son and father in law (about 2 years ago).

Posted Image

The folder here (when public): Pirat-Ride

And yes, 2 pics of the BSB, or whatever it's called. (I'm not into pirates, more Castle)

#50 Jesper

Jesper

    Posts: 79
    Joined: 27-June 06
    Member: 833
    Country: Denmark

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

I've uploaded some more pictures from LEGOLAND, Billund  Pirat Ride, in my BS-folder

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=215685

Posted Image

Edited by Jesper, 10 June 2007 - 10:05 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links