The Mission at San Lucia

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic  – Started by Roderick , Jul 14 2009 11:59 PM

#1 Roderick

Roderick

Member: 6618

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

Posted Image Vig. 84b
Encouraged by people happy with my cannon caisson, I decided to build something else in the Pirates category.

This is my latest MOC. It consists of a Jesuit Mission and a dusty road for the setting, and figure wise, a Jesuit missionary, a young friend of his, a patrol of redcoats, and a horde of pirates all clashing at once.

Because of the many pictures I took of this MOC, I'll direct you to the Gallery, and present you here with several generic shots of the scene. I've made two sets on Flickr, one of the storyline in order of occurance, and one of the review of the mission chapel itself.

So enjoy these pics and by all means check out the Gallery.

Posted Image
(all 20 figures, both cannons, the dusty road, and the mission together)

Posted Image
(I made him using a batman cape on the back, a regular black cape on the front with the sides tucked in for the cassock, the Shanghai black fedora, and the head of the conquistador who came with silver armor[red torso])

Posted Image
(don't play with dynamite)

Posted Image
(another general shot with the entire redcoat patrol)

Both sets are now viewable on my photostream.

Thanks for reading. :pir-sweet:

postscript: one small thing: I'm adding descriptions to the pictures in the review on Flickr right now, and will later fill in the storyline's quotes so the jumbled pics make sense.

post postscript: anothing thing: the storyline pictures are only in order in the set titled The Mission at San Lucia. the other set titled Review of the Mission(etc.) is where I go into detail about the Mission church. So I'd direct you to the sets if you want to see the pics ordered: the gallery is jumbled... unfortunately the FlickrUploadr can do no better, but that's what sets are for right?

#2 Admiral M

Admiral M
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 4862

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:25 AM

This looks great! It really looks like something that you would see on a dusty road in the american southwest. Your techniques are great, and I really like your missionary figure. The dusty road looks good, too, but you could add in a cactus or cattle skull to mix things up.
Admiral Michael, Commander of the British Northeastern Fleet, Governor of Port St. Brick

My LDD Navy:
HMS Panther-16 guns
HMS Monarch-10 guns
HMS Colossus-40+ guns
HMS Conquest-32 guns

go to my Brickshelf

and all in the name of the brick...

#3 Roderick

Roderick

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:37 AM

Thanks: I agree about mixing it up around the road. I have to say I wasn't entirely pleased with the way the road turned out since it left so much of the bley baseplate exposed.

#4 SWMAN

SWMAN

Member: 859

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:57 AM

I would suggest adding larger pictures of the overall battle on your post instead of the close-up pics.
Chuck Norris doesn't hate the world. He just hates everyone in it.

#5 Roderick

Roderick

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:47 AM

The thing is, I copied the bulk of this post from another forum where I posted it, and I only posted three pictures there. Though there are several pictures from the battle in the photostream. Then again Flickr takes forever to load... :pir-tongue:  So I'll get some more deeplinks for ya as soon as I can: right now I'm busied by another busiment(is that a word?).

#6 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker
  • Cyborg Chef Splatter

Member: 5169

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

It looks a little like an igloo.  Is it supposed to?
Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#7 Roderick

Roderick

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

I guess that's a fault of the architectural formular I used for the roof. :pir-blush:

#8 Lego_Warlord_8

Lego_Warlord_8

Member: 6334

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

View PostCommodore Hornbricker, on Jul 15 2009, 09:30 AM, said:

It looks a little like an igloo.  Is it supposed to?

It does look like a little igloo!  :pir_laugh2: Great MOC.  The little 'igloo' is the only thing needing a little tweaking. :pir-blush:  ~LW 8~
Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  See more of my builds on Flickr.

#9 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:35 AM

View PostRoderick, on Jul 15 2009, 09:59 AM, said:

This is my latest MOC. It consists of a Jesuit Mission and a dusty road for the setting, and figure wise, a Jesuit missionary, a young friend of his, a patrol of redcoats, and a horde of pirates all clashing at once.
Finally the Jesuits are being acknowledge in MOC form!  

San Lucia is a very Hispanic type of name, so wouldn't the Imperial Armada be patrolling this missionary - or did the red coats cease it from them?

Posted Image

#10 Admiral M

Admiral M

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

View PostMister Phes, on Jul 23 2009, 01:35 AM, said:

San Lucia is a very Hispanic type of name, so wouldn't the Imperial Armada be patrolling this missionary - or did the red coats cease it from them?

It would probably be located in the Southwest US/Mexico, and, while the redcoats conquered much of the world, they didn't conquer this area. Spain lost it's colonies in the Western US in the early 1800's, and Mexico rebelled from Spain. Since american soldiers wore blue uniforms, those soldiers very well could be the mexican army (if you add a few tassels :pir-wink: ).

Edited by Admiral M, 23 July 2009 - 12:10 PM.

Admiral Michael, Commander of the British Northeastern Fleet, Governor of Port St. Brick

My LDD Navy:
HMS Panther-16 guns
HMS Monarch-10 guns
HMS Colossus-40+ guns
HMS Conquest-32 guns

go to my Brickshelf

#11 BlueBard

BlueBard

Member: 2796

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:21 PM

Nice mission!  :pir-wink: Looks very useful for WW MOCs too  :pir-wink:

By the way, "Lucía" (Lucy in english) is an spanish feminine name so the adjective "san" (saint) must go in feminine too (don't forget in most romanic tongues, the adjectives concord with the names they go with in gender and number). So the correct ortography for your mission's name would be Santa Lucía

Sorry for the little lesson, but a linguist must defend the correct use of languages!  :pir-tongue:

#12 Admiral M

Admiral M

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:11 AM

The mafia linguist, now I've heard it all  :pir_laugh2:

But you're right, it is Santa Lucia. Now i've got to find out what "santa fe" means, and what the feminine name "fe" is in english  :pir-tongue:

Edited by Admiral M, 24 July 2009 - 01:12 AM.

My LDD Navy:
HMS Panther-16 guns
HMS Monarch-10 guns
HMS Colossus-40+ guns
HMS Conquest-32 guns

go to my Brickshelf

#13 BlueBard

BlueBard

Member: 2796

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:55 AM

View PostAdmiral M, on Jul 24 2009, 03:11 AM, said:

The mafia linguist, now I've heard it all  :pir_laugh2:

But you're right, it is Santa Lucia. Now i've got to find out what "santa fe" means, and what the feminine name "fe" is in english  :pir-tongue:

To be a gangster does not means that you cannot be a linguist!  :pir-laugh:

And if I can be an ortography freak a little more I would specially signalize the final accent (please, correct me if it's not the word) in the "i". Remember it's luca and not lUcia

About "Santa Fe" it literally means "Saint Faith" but a better translation could be "Holy Faith". By the way, all Pirate Lovers feel free to contact me if you need help with spanish names for your MOCs  :pir-wink:

Edited by BlueBard, 24 July 2009 - 02:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links