Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

MOC: Boxcar Blue

traintech1.jpg

I'm really enjoying my latest train purchase, 7898 Cargo Train Deluxe. After building the little red boxcar contained in the set; I thought, this would be a nice boxcar to replicate with train pieces from 10183 Hobby Train. Using blue instead of red, and adding some sloped bricks with ladder pieces (like the proto-type images of set 7898), here's the end result:

Proto-Type 7898 Boxcar with sloped bricks:

7898boxcarv1.jpg

My "Blue Version":

bc1.jpg

bc2.jpg

bc3.jpg

I may add some decals similar to 7898, but I like the overall design of this little boxcar.

One of the nice things about set 7898 is the cargo size which is the same as that found in 7733 Truck and Forklift (4x6 plate with two 1x4 plates), as well as 4512 Cargo Train. This makes the cargo interchangeable for added play value.

Comments welcome.

Very nice work TheBrickster!

The final result turned out very nice. :thumbup:

After seeing the close-ups from your photos, I can say that this small addition of the slopes and the ladders make the boxcar even better.

The blue colour really fits and works well and to tell you the truth, it makes it look like a classic town car :classic: . I don't know how and why, it is just the impression that it leaves to me.

Very nice work again!

P.S

The infamous mystery liquid returns... :alien: . Handle it with care just in case... :grin:

Looks good. Box cars are usually black around here but the blue gives it a classic town feel. I love the design of these too, they are spot on.

Thanks for the feedback guys, despite the pictures not really doing it justice.

After seeing the close-ups from your photos, I can say that this small addition of the slopes and the ladders make the boxcar even better.

The blue colour really fits and works well and to tell you the truth, it makes it look like a classic town car :classic: .

I like the slopes as well.

Everything I build seems to turn out like a Classic Town build (can't get past it). :laugh:

The infamous mystery liquid returns... :alien: . Handle it with care just in case... :grin:

You got it! I still say it's Mountain Dew.

Box cars are usually black around here but the blue gives it a classic town feel.

Really, black? I don't think I've seen a black boxcar in the Western US. - although I have seen many in HO scale trains.