Teddy

MOC: Central Station

traintech1.jpg

Dear all,

I was silent the last few days since I wanted to build a MOC to celebrate my 500th post on this forum.

After showing my window still a few days back I decided it was time for a new Central Station.

Hinckley inspired me with his MOCs to do just that little extra.

Holodoc gave me the idea to build a station more fitting to the official CC buildings.

I hope it turned out okay.

Without further ado, here are the photos. I hope you like them.

Comments are more than welcome.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Exterior:

000main3.jpg

001main3.jpg

002main3.jpg

Next to the official Lego buildings.

007main3.jpg

Interior:

Platforms:

003main3.jpg

004main3.jpg

Station Hall: Tickets and Shops:

005main3.jpg

006main3.jpg

Absolutely beautiful!

Love the exterior the most, but inside is stunning. I these modular building sets and custom ones you guys create. Wish I could afford to get one of these. Fingers crossed for a movie theatre.

Once again Stunning!

br()wnie

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT Teddy!!! And that's the first and the last time I'll write such a sentence, mark my words. :tongue:

Best feature: the platforms. Absolutely stunning.

This MOC reminds me of a beautiful station in a Bulgarian seaside town... hope you won't mind if I copy a bit of your design solutions once we get around to building a central station for our town... because this one is hands down the best one I've ever seen made out of LEGO. And I know you'd already built one railway station which did already look stunning, but this one is really on a whole new level. Cheers mate, you're really a top-notch builder!

I can only imagine what you'd come up with for you 1000th post... bring it on! :laugh:

That's what I called a masterpiece MOC! :cry_happy: There's not a single place without an accurated detail. I specially like all the good work you did with the crystal pieces. One word: BRAVO! :thumbup::thumbup:

This truly is an amazing building, the interior is one of the coolest I've seen. It's hard to top your castle, but this one comes in a very close second. :thumbup:

Another masterpiece! The scale is great and all those details and little unique spaces. You did the CC proud. I love all the windows especially the large clear row running through the top of the interior.

A true work of genius, Teddy. Love the new station.

By the way, where do you get all your parts from??

Is this an official new LEGO modular building? :wub:

It's really very beautiful, and I can't take my eyes off it. This is such a grand central station which is filled with many nice details from the inside and outside. The combined modular picture simply make it so real, like it's an upcoming official set. The scale and the height is really very suited for this setup. I really enjoy this very much and this is a great way of marking your 500th posts in Eurobricks. :wink:

By the way, you might want to note that, someone has blogged you in "Classic-Town.net".

Teddy, this is bloody fantastic! I love the way it looks big and grand, but the platform area is small and compact like in the Classic Town style. You did very well here mate, keep up the great work. Tops! :thumbup::pir-wink:

By the way, you might want to note that, someone has blogged you in "Classic-Town.net".

Who is Dave?

Absolutely amazing :thumbup:

You really outdid yourself with this creation. I like everything about it and hope to see it in real live some day.

Again great work :thumbup:

Absolutely outstanding. You even put peebles amongst the rails. :cry_happy:

Extremely well-done station, Teddy. Fits aesthetically together with the other modular buildings like a hand in a glove, and the interior and boarding-platforms are no less detailed.

Love it! :thumbup:

I can only say that is fantastic MOC.

Colours, details, interior - all fits perfectly :classic:

One of the best train stations I`ve ever seen :thumbup:

Beautiful!!! It fits in so well with the other cc buildings. I especially like your second pic of the interior. The way the light comes into the picture gives the feeling of space inside a large terminal.

Dear all,

thanks for all the cool replies. :classic:

It's verry satisfying when people like your creations.

Absolutely beautiful!

Love the exterior the most, but inside is stunning. I these modular building sets and custom ones you guys create. Wish I could afford to get one of these. Fingers crossed for a movie theatre.

Once again Stunning!

br()wnie

thanks Brownie,

Marcosbessa made a MOC cinema building a short while ago: Linky to topic

and ofcourse tehre is Hinkley's cinema :wub: : Linky to topic

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT Teddy!!! And that's the first and the last time I'll write such a sentence, mark my words. :tongue:

Best feature: the platforms. Absolutely stunning.

This MOC reminds me of a beautiful station in a Bulgarian seaside town... hope you won't mind if I copy a bit of your design solutions once we get around to building a central station for our town... because this one is hands down the best one I've ever seen made out of LEGO. And I know you'd already built one railway station which did already look stunning, but this one is really on a whole new level. Cheers mate, you're really a top-notch builder!

I can only imagine what you'd come up with for you 1000th post... bring it on! :laugh:

Thanks, ofcourse you can copy some of my ideas. :classic:

As long as you dont copy the entire MOC. :tongue:

That's what I called a masterpiece MOC! :cry_happy: There's not a single place without an accurated detail. I specially like all the good work you did with the crystal pieces. One word: BRAVO! :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks BlueBard, you're too kind. I actually spend most time thinking up those street lights.

This truly is an amazing building, the interior is one of the coolest I've seen. It's hard to top your castle, but this one comes in a very close second. :thumbup:

Thanks posades, glad you like my castle as well. :classic:

Another masterpiece! The scale is great and all those details and little unique spaces. You did the CC proud. I love all the windows especially the large clear row running through the top of the interior.

thanks, I wanted to get as much light into the interior as possible. To give it a nice spacious appearance.

A true work of genius, Teddy. Love the new station.

By the way, where do you get all your parts from??

Thanks Bartram,

My pieces come from: my local toystore, visit to Legoland Billund and Legoland Windsor, PaB wall Koln, Legoworld Zwolle, Ebay, marktplaats, and BL orders.

I found that some brick sets containing regular bricks of a couple of years back contained many usefull extra pieces.

So over time I collected quite some of them to build my collection.

Is this an official new LEGO modular building? :wub:

It's really very beautiful, and I can't take my eyes off it. This is such a grand central station which is filled with many nice details from the inside and outside. The combined modular picture simply make it so real, like it's an upcoming official set. The scale and the height is really very suited for this setup. I really enjoy this very much and this is a great way of marking your 500th posts in Eurobricks. :wink:

Thanks WhiteFang,

an official building?...I wish... You're too kind.

Would be amazing to be allowed to make an official building. :tongue:

oh,.. blogged. :sweet:

Teddy, this is bloody fantastic! I love the way it looks big and grand, but the platform area is small and compact like in the Classic Town style. You did very well here mate, keep up the great work. Tops! :thumbup::pir-wink:

Who is Dave?

Thanks, Captain Zuloo. :classic:

Getting the platforms right was quite a challenge, since I did not want to increase the floor area. Because otherwise the station would have been too big for the CC-buildings.

Absolutely amazing :thumbup:

You really outdid yourself with this creation. I like everything about it and hope to see it in real live some day.

Again great work :thumbup:

Thanks L-space. Maybe I'll take it somewhere.

Absolutely outstanding. You even put peebles amongst the rails. :cry_happy:

Thanks the Cobra. Glad you like the peebles.

Wow. That's amazing and very good building. Wish I could build something like that. So much detail.

Thanks Panda9001100. I'm sure you can build something similar. :classic:

Extremely well-done station, Teddy. Fits aesthetically together with the other modular buildings like a hand in a glove, and the interior and boarding-platforms are no less detailed.

Love it! :thumbup:

Thanks Freddie, it was my goal to make it fit with the CC-buildings. But also to make it stand on its own.

I can only say that is fantastic MOC.

Colours, details, interior - all fits perfectly :classic:

One of the best train stations I`ve ever seen :thumbup:

Thanks kris kelvin, I'm glad you like it. :classic:

Beautiful!!! It fits in so well with the other cc buildings. I especially like your second pic of the interior. The way the light comes into the picture gives the feeling of space inside a large terminal.

Thanks spade450, I was aiming at that effect and last evening jus before the sun went down I managed to make that photo. :classic:

Super fantastic.

Liked it alot!

Thanks geiri, glad you like it. :classic:

Edited by Teddy

Teddy, this is brilliant!

I don't know where to start. You're well chosen color palate is bold, but not overwhelming, with just enough red variation to give it an urban look. Your slope built arch is very effective and the accents along the edges are really well done. I like the way you got all the essential details in the foyer/entryway, but kept it small enough that it wouldn't intrude on the space needed for the platform. Also, the setback of the entrance from the front of the building adds a nice layer of visual interest to your street, anytime you can vary the depth of the streetline, it's a good thing.

I can't think of any way to improve this one, except possibly to make it longer so more of the train could fit, but that would take a TON of brick.

I think Hinckley have appointed someone.

You are correct WhiteFang. :classic: Hinckley asked me this past weekend to come on board on ClassicTown.net and do some blogging and I am incredibly honored to have the chance to work with you guys. I'll probably post an 'introduction' sometime today so everyone knows what's going on.

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Teddy, this is brilliant!

I don't know where to start. You're well chosen color palate is bold, but not overwhelming, with just enough red variation to give it an urban look. Your slope built arch is very effective and the accents along the edges are really well done. I like the way you got all the essential details in the foyer/entryway, but kept it small enough that it wouldn't intrude on the space needed for the platform. Also, the setback of the entrance from the front of the building adds a nice layer of visual interest to your street, anytime you can vary the depth of the streetline, it's a good thing.

I can't think of any way to improve this one, except possibly to make it longer so more of the train could fit, but that would take a TON of brick.

Thanks Elif for your reply. :classic:

The platforms and the entrance hall are connected with technical pins at the bottom and can be seperated into two modules.

For better access to the platform.

The roof of the front hall consists of three seperate module as well which rest on tiles.

In order to access the space below.

The back wall of the entrance building is connected with the side walls on two spots so I can seperate it easily to access the interior spacing.

After seperating the front building from the platforms, ofcourse. :tongue:

The black back facade is also a seperate "module" its only connected to the platform at the bottom.

So it can be easily removed to acces the platform from the other side.

It is possible to make an additional platform module and move the back facade further to the back. :classic:

Although, personally, I like to keep the station as compact as possible.

You are correct WhiteFang. :classic: Hinckley asked me this past weekend to come on board on ClassicTown.net and do some blogging and I am incredibly honored to have the chance to work with you guys. I'll probably post an 'introduction' sometime today so everyone knows what's going on.

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Thanks for blogging me Dave. :classic:

Edited by Teddy

Thanks for blogging me Dave. :classic:

No problem Teddy. This MOC totally deserves it. You really did an amazing job here and this MOC is just full of intricate details and great part usage. Combine that with the eye catching overall look and you really are hitting on all cylinders here. Please keep up the great work as I love seeing the stellar MOC's you come up with.

Have a great day!

-Dave

ToT-LUG

This is easily one of my favorite MOCs ever! It's so incredibly detailed and well constructed. Excellent job! I can't say enough about it. It fits incredibly well with the official modular sets, although it kind of outshines them. :thumbup: The inset is really well executed and I'm going to have to study that curved roof more. I really love your lamposts and the detail of your interior.

I have only three suggestions for improvement: 1. I would try to get the front arch of the windows more curved. 2. I wish there was a way to get the studs out of those brick-built round white windows and 3. I suggest spindle fence on the roof as opposed to the "chain link" style.

Other than that, it's amazing! I will look more later, but right now my partner is parking the car in a tight spot and I need to get out and shut the computer down :laugh: ...

:wub: Excellent work!

Now I have to get more red bricks and put aside all the yellow ones.

Seriously, the arc on the front facade is phenomenal. Pure artistry.

I'm beginning to notice recent works of geniuses like u and marcosbessas : light bluish gray and one other colour. The combination is subliminally enchanting.

And oh, what happen to your other train station (the tan-coloured version)?

Ok, now to break up my own Centraal Station. And get more red pieces.

You Da Man.

Edited by kinjai