Build a frigate with Captain Green Hair

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic  – Started by Captain Green Hair , Jun 27 2009 09:29 AM

#201 Captain Green Hair

Captain Green Hair
  • Captain Fart Air

Member: 1914

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

View Posttrubal, on 19 June 2011 - 10:32 AM, said:

OK, thanx :)
I can put some pictures if you like, but they will be cell-phone quality

EDIT:
Sorry for the size, and quality, better will be available next week.
The figurehead is only temporary :P
http://www.brickshel...z/image0030.jpg
http://www.brickshel...z/image0032.jpg
http://www.brickshel...z/image0033.jpg
http://www.brickshel...z/image0034.jpg

Looks quite good from what I can see!
Your masts appear to be a bit too high, the main mast should be as long as, or slightly longer then the entire ship.
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#202 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Once a red coat, not always a red coat.

Member: 8823

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

I agree whit Captain Green Hair at the masts are too long, also i think you need to Re-do your ships stern, it looks a bit clumsy IMO. The front mast is maby also a bit too far, moving its backwards about 6 or 7 studs would be better. Good luck whit her.

Captain Becker
Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey!
Thank you Jebediahs

Currently playing as: Captain Charles J. Becker, Oleon in BOBS
Posted Image

#203 trubal

trubal

Member: 7666

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

I had a feeling that the masts are to tall, i'll lower them today. I'll also try to move the front a little backwards, although i'll have to change something to give it more stability.
I won't change the stern, I like it :) but I know what you mean, I had to do it like this to keep the cost of the project lower. Next one will be better. And it still looks much better than my first one which i couldn't post because of the way it looked like :P
About 50% of the ship is from parts I already had, and the money I spend on it was only around 40-60GBP. Unfortunately I have to finish her before 8.07 because we(LugPol) are making an exhibition in Gdansk, which You are all of course welcome to visit :)

Edited by trubal, 19 June 2011 - 03:42 PM.

"The difference between You and me is that I will make it look good" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

#204 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

Member: 6437

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

I must thank you for this amazing tutorial, it really helped me create the HMS Maverick, I recently have changed the stern of it a lot but couldn't take any pictures of it like it is now. I always knew I would need this someday and is an amzing help to anyone aspiring to build a ship.
:jollyroger:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#205 trubal

trubal

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

I finished the ship. It's not as good as i liked it to be, but i still like her :)
i didn't do any photos yet, as it's on our exhibition, but here are some photos from it (more will come in around 3 months):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"The difference between You and me is that I will make it look good" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

#206 Captain Becker

Captain Becker
  • Once a red coat, not always a red coat.

Member: 8823

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:53 PM

Actually i think when im making my first ship, its gonna be something like that. Remember, nobodys cant be perfect at the first try.
From what i can see, its pretty good. The first picture is taken from a great angle and makes the ship look just lovely, however, the last picture shows where you could try to improve things, like Stern and bow mainly. Maby a little bit less curve or one more hull piece would make the ship look even greater, but as you aid, you only used the pieces wich you already got. Its a nice ship, does her have a name yet? Good work.

Captain Becker
Posted Image Posted Image <---- Thank you so much joey!
Thank you Jebediahs

Currently playing as: Captain Charles J. Becker, Oleon in BOBS
Posted Image

#207 trubal

trubal

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

Her name is:
OJKM (=HMS) Johannes Casimirus Rex.

Im already planning another one but i need to wait for the exhibition to end, as i need to use my parts (again...)

#208 Dockmaster Brickington

Dockmaster Brickington

Member: 18394

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

SO I have bought all the peices it looks like I'll need to build this project, but I cant find many old black hinges anwhere! :pir_bawling: However there seemes to be tons of the newer type of black hinges (the ones with 1 finger wich inserts into the ones with 2 fingers)...they look like they'll work, but does anyone know if they will?  :pir_wacko:

Heres a picture of the hinge with 2 fingers, via bricklink.:

My link

#209 trubal

trubal

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

The problem i see with them is that they have some space between each brick, those, old ones dont have it that big.

#210 Captain Green Hair

Captain Green Hair
  • Captain Fart Air

Member: 1914

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

You've made a very nice frigate Trubal, the background is awesome as well!  :thumbup:

Feedback from me would be to make the stern slightly sloped and to make the windows flat with it, rather then standing inwards. Unless you make a balcony of course.
Why do you need TLC to make sets for you, all you really need is parts...be creative!

The build a frigate tutorail!

New members please read the guidelines.
If you have any trouble in posting, deeplinking etc, please consult the
tutorials, or the help
section.
My Flickr

#211 Dockmaster Brickington

Dockmaster Brickington

Member: 18394

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

View Posttrubal, on 23 July 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

The problem i see with them is that they have some space between each brick, those, old ones dont have it that big.

Thanks Trubal! I guess i'll just wait until my order arrives and hope it looks ok! :pir-classic:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links