Brickworld was awesome!
A few quick highlights, in no particular order:
- Talking to alot of AFOL's that I have not seen for a while, or have only met or heard about online.
- Getting to meet CopMike, Ricecracker, and a few of the other EB'ers
- Having a converstion with Tormud Askildeson (TLG exec) about Community Development.
- Scoring some great stuff from Brickarms and Brickforge. Guns and Vespa's respectively!
- Winning the "Inspiration Award" collectively with Hinkley and two other friends for our Building In Lawndale (BILd) LEGO educational program.
- Seeing a ton of great MOCs!
- Winning an Exo-Force Base in the raffle!
- Participating facilitating the LEGO Serious Play seminar, Community Service, and BILd classes, and attending other great classes like LEGO mosaics and Architecture.
A few other observations about the way the Brickworld staff (and LEGO retail) really tried to improve in many ways from last year:
-The aisles were better organized to allow an easier flow of traffic.
-The addition of on-site PAB was a great bargain at 5 bucks each for bags only slightly smaller than regular PAB grab bags!
-They tried to better organize the 50%-off-damaged-boxes sale night at the LEGO store, and even though it wasn't perfect (the last 40 or so people got very little), it virtually eliminiated hoarding, and alot more people got to enjoy some great LEGO for half off.
-Also, there were more presentations, a third room for MOC display, a faster closing ceremony, and a better organized raffles.
Well done to all who worked to make this a stellar event. Can't wait until next year!
Edited by Eilif, 22 June 2009 - 04:33 PM.