Athos

Troll Town

indexed.gif

Thought the trolls needed somewhere nicer to live than that fort. And the Akator Temple baseplate seemed perfect for the project. So I built them a little village to live in:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37777874@N06/...57620045411163/

But they don't want to leave their town defenseless, so they've built a watchtower:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37777874@N06/...57620045988805/

Here's a little stand alone hut. I think I've posted it before, but its what got me started with the larger village:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37777874@N06/...57620131895612/

Hopefully they'll all be part of a large castle layout someday.

Steve

Great work, I like the choice of baseplate, it reminds me of some sort of natives who had there houses built like that on cliffs, I'm sure they have a name but I don't know it. The ladders look good and I like all the greebles and Knight skull. The only improvement I think would be to add more weapons or a cutapult or somthing, they look too defenceless.

I like it too! If I were a troll (don't want to be one!) I would live there I think.

The huts have a real troll look with the colours and details.

I like the choice of the baseplate too, nice tree and ladders too. :thumbup:

The watchtower is very nice as well! It has the real shabby troll look.

But I don't understand why there is a cycle near the stand alone Trolls hut. :laugh:

I hope you will make a troll castle layout someday! :sweet:

Very nice indeed - really captures an "orcish" look. I like how this is acheived with the non-uniform bricks in construction with little details as simple as the occasional hook, horn or stalks. Very good use of the baseplate too. I actually find those baseplates (I have that one and police station - plain bley) quite versatile but it still takes work to meld in your construction to the existing relief.

The watchtower is wonderfully "creaky" or ramshackle looking!

I like this. It is so disorganized and orcish and the chains hanging around match what I think of orcs perfectly. Also the use of that baseplate makes it look like a very hilly place. The watchtower looks like its barely able to stand, which looks very good. :thumbup:

I like this one a lot. Could easily be a commercial set. I've always liked the civilian side of the Castle theme, so it's great to see the orcs have a somewhat civilian side too.

Very nice. I like the troll feeding a cow with a carrot.

If I were a troll (don't want to be one!)

Who would :pir_wacko:

Looks great :thumbup:

I think you should stage a big battle with the Crownies attacking the village.

That would be great :pir-classic: