Natman8000

Gold minifig key chain

Just browsing through Whung's B-S gallery, and I found this-

852688.jpg

What do you all think of this? It mean that there is a good way to get the gold parts, and a cool key chain nonetheless. I think it is a tad boring though. If this has been mentioned already, please tell me.

I made a post about this in the How to measure Lego piece thread around 1 hour and 30 minutes before you posted this. :tongue:

EDIT: I just noticed that there are flesh minifig hands instead of chrome gold...

By the way, welcome back. :classic:

Nice find! It's great to see that LEGO is releasing a ruler for their products. :laugh:

By the way, did anyone else see this in whung's BS gallery?:

852688.jpg

Looks like a chrome gold plain minifig keychain. :wub:

Edited by ILikePi

Oh, sorry then. Why cant TLC chrome hands? They did on vader and 3-po, why not on the stormie and this? That is disappointing.

I would love for this to be a real set. I would buy allot and then remove the keychain part to have a golden army. Too bad about the flesh hands. I would like this to be real but I doubt it.

I would love for this to be a real set. I would buy allot and then remove the keychain part to have a golden army. Too bad about the flesh hands. I would like this to be real but I doubt it.

How would they fake it? :tongue: Nice find Nat/Pi It looks interesting but I am guessing It will be pretty overpriced. :sceptic:

How would they fake it? :tongue: Nice find Nat/Pi It looks interesting but I am guessing It will be pretty overpriced. :sceptic:

I have the July flyer for the Lego stores (US) and this is available (free) if you spend $75 during the month. I don't have a scan of it unfortunately, but it looks like this won't be for sale, just a promo thing for coming in and buying some stuff.

It would be cool to have some. I could spend 75 in a month is the In dy sets are out at that time.

I have the July flyer for the Lego stores (US) and this is available (free) if you spend $75 during the month. I don't have a scan of it unfortunately, but it looks like this won't be for sale, just a promo thing for coming in and buying some stuff.

No I just spent over $100 there and now there's not much i want. Do you think buying a gift card would count? Then I could just save it for the August Indy release.

No I just spent over $100 there and now there's not much i want. Do you think buying a gift card would count? Then I could just save it for the August Indy release.

No, that wouldn't count. The coupons on the LEGO Store calendars say something like "gift card purchases do not count", but I think that spending the money in a gift card counts.

If it was like that, people would just buy like a $1000 gift card and get stuff like loyalty stamps for free, and have a gift card to use over the next few years.

What flyer is that? I've never heard of one.

No, that wouldn't count. The coupons on the LEGO Store calendars say something like "gift card purchases do not count", but I think that spending the money in a gift card counts.

If it was like that, people would just buy like a $1000 gift card and get stuff like loyalty stamps for free, and have a gift card to use over the next few years.

Alright Lego you won. This convinced me to finally get Brickbeards Bounty. I hate it when they convince me with their offers. :tongue:

Alright Lego you won. This convinced me to finally get Brickbeards Bounty. I hate it when they convince me with their offers. :tongue:

I also think that you have to have a LEGO Store calendar (that's what Nyundi is talking about) to get it, as the coupon is on the calendar.

How would they fake it? :tongue:

Chrome-coat a plain minifig, keep fleshie hands on it (why, Lego?), put it on a regular Lego keychain, and use Photoshop to make the background entirely white, and add in the shadow.

Not as hard as it sounds. And with the right technology and equipment, a very good fake could be made.

NOTE: This is just a statement, I do not do any of these things, I just know how to. Don't ask.

Does anyone else think that LEGO is abusing the chroming chambers?

Okay Threepio made sense, Vader was pretty accurate, the Stormie was way out there and now this? Where's the specialty of a chrome fig if they become common?

Just my two cents...

Edited by KinGanon

I still like this golden minifig!

I will probably buy one.

I also think that you have to have a LEGO Store calendar (that's what Nyundi is talking about) to get it, as the coupon is on the calendar.

Is there a code you have to enter or something? And how do you sign up for a calendar?

Is there a code you have to enter or something? And how do you sign up for a calendar?

The calendar is available at the Lego stores. Usually they have a pile of them at or near the register; sometimes you have to ask. Its just a sheet with the current (or upcoming) month on it, with some news and specials marked on certain days, and usually a coupon on the bottom with offers similar to this one.

This is what a LEGO Store calendar looks like:

3594142130_3c50898f65.jpg

And the back:

3593332607_8b40b4a501.jpg

These pictures belong to Flickr member TooMuchDew, by the way.

EDIT: Change pictures from the May 2009 calendar to the June 2009 calendar.

Edited by ILikePi

Here a picture of the July store calender with the gold minifig key chain coupon that I just scanned. :classic:

3637217756_88b268dda6_b.jpg

And the back.

3636402049_4c32c91558_b.jpg

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Thanks guys I have never seen these before. Next time I go to the Lego store I'll be sure to pick one up.

Is it likely that the minifig will be avaliable in other stores for countries that don't have LEGO stores? I'd really love to get my hands on a couple. :cry_happy:

Also, I think the hands are pearl-gold, not flesh.

I'm guessing that the keychain will be available as a normal product, since there is a product number for it.

And using the zoom, you can clearly see that it has fleshie hands.

Edited by booger540

Thanks for finding that. So, does that mean it's not for sale? It says "Promotional Product" where the "Add to Cart" button usually is.

I wish it was for sale...$4.99 is a steal compared to the chrome silver Stormtroopers.

Why would they put a price on it though if it wont be for sale?