Jump to content


Car Talk


934 replies to this topic

#851 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10399
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:22 PM

View PostJoey Lock, on 15 August 2010 - 08:19 PM, said:

And finally, Me next to my dream car, But the owner ruined it by putting a fake Bentley badge on the grill...
Posted Image
If you take a picture standing next to a Chrysler 300 here in North America, people would think you're a weirdo :tongue:

For some reason, I've seen a lot of these this summer :wacko: :
Posted Image

#852 Ak-47

Ak-47

    Posts: 65
    Joined: 19-January 09
    Member: 5061

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:09 AM

Rolls Royce's are so ugly. I saw this one that was flat black and I was like "Why the hell would you want something like this? It makes me wanna throw up..." right as the owner walked bye.
LEGO Fan.

Flickr

#853 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10399
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:49 AM

View PostAk-47, on 16 August 2010 - 12:09 AM, said:

Rolls Royce's are so ugly. I saw this one that was flat black and I was like "Why the hell would you want something like this? It makes me wanna throw up..." right as the owner walked bye.
They're not ugly at all, but we all have the right of opinion...

#854 Big Cam

Big Cam

  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

View PostAk-47, on 16 August 2010 - 12:09 AM, said:

Rolls Royce's are so ugly. I saw this one that was flat black and I was like "Why the hell would you want something like this? It makes me wanna throw up..." right as the owner walked bye.


View Postprateek, on 16 August 2010 - 01:49 AM, said:

They're not ugly at all, but we all have the right of opinion...


Exactly, UGLY is a point of view.



Also the 300C thing is funny since they are so abumndat where I am.

#855 dr_spock

dr_spock

  • Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes


    Posts: 4499
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8775
    Country: Canada

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:23 PM

I see a lot of 300C too, not too many Rolls Royce.  Although someone took their kid to soccer practice in one.  I think I'd rather spend my disposable income on Lego than a Rolls.   :classic:

#856 Joey Lock

Joey Lock

  • Captain Blue Hair drives a pink scooter!


    Posts: 2847
    Joined: 22-July 07
    Member: 1823
    Country: Rule Britannia!

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

View Postdr_spock, on 16 August 2010 - 10:23 PM, said:

I see a lot of 300C too, not too many Rolls Royce.  Although someone took their kid to soccer practice in one.  I think I'd rather spend my disposable income on Lego than a Rolls.   :classic:

Well you guys gotta realise

300c = US Car
Rolls Royce = British Car

So we've seen different, I've seen 3 Rolls Royce Phantoms in the past few months and many old Rolls Royce. Most of the Phantoms were around Devils Punch Bowl area because its expensive to live there. I saw a 300c down the road today and yes, The picture next to the car wasn't my Idea, my dad said "Stand next to it, I'll take your picture" I felt embarrassed because that was someones car!

Posted Image

God save the gracious King,
Long live the noble King,
God save the King:
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King.

Posted Image


#857 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10399
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:05 AM

View PostJoey Lock, on 16 August 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

The picture next to the car wasn't my Idea, my dad said "Stand next to it, I'll take your picture" I felt embarrassed because that was someones car!

I know just how you feel, buddy. It's okay to take a picture beside a car at an auto show or something, but it feels so weird standing next to a car that belongs to someone. :tongue:

#858 Joey Lock

Joey Lock

  • Captain Blue Hair drives a pink scooter!


    Posts: 2847
    Joined: 22-July 07
    Member: 1823
    Country: Rule Britannia!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

View Postprateek, on 17 August 2010 - 12:05 AM, said:

I know just how you feel, buddy. It's okay to take a picture beside a car at an auto show or something, but it feels so weird standing next to a car that belongs to someone. :tongue:
But the thing was, that was a motor show, those cars were supposed to be there, This Chrysler was just sitting out in the parking lot, it was a visitors car!  :laugh:

Posted Image

God save the gracious King,
Long live the noble King,
God save the King:
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King.

Posted Image


#859 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10399
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:27 AM

View PostJoey Lock, on 17 August 2010 - 12:54 AM, said:

But the thing was, that was a motor show, those cars were supposed to be there, This Chrysler was just sitting out in the parking lot, it was a visitors car!  :laugh:
Wow :laugh:

It's so weird when you go to an auto show and there are nice cars in the lot. Why would you go to a show when you could just look at your own car :tongue:

#860 dr_spock

dr_spock

  • Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes


    Posts: 4499
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8775
    Country: Canada

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:11 AM

View PostJoey Lock, on 16 August 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

Well you guys gotta realise

300c = US Car
Rolls Royce = British Car

So we've seen different, I've seen 3 Rolls Royce Phantoms in the past few months and many old Rolls Royce. Most of the Phantoms were around Devils Punch Bowl area because its expensive to live there. I saw a 300c down the road today and yes, The picture next to the car wasn't my Idea, my dad said "Stand next to it, I'll take your picture" I felt embarrassed because that was someones car!

Don't worry about it.   I know a car nut who always asks his son to stand next to cars for shots.  I guess it is easier to get away shooting someone else's car when a kid is in the picture.

#861 Joey Lock

Joey Lock

  • Captain Blue Hair drives a pink scooter!


    Posts: 2847
    Joined: 22-July 07
    Member: 1823
    Country: Rule Britannia!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

View Postdr_spock, on 17 August 2010 - 03:11 AM, said:

Don't worry about it.   I know a car nut who always asks his son to stand next to cars for shots.  I guess it is easier to get away shooting someone else's car when a kid is in the picture.

Yeah it was unfair, At Brooklyns this like 7 year old got to sit in Ayrton Senna's practice car, the real one he used, but I didn't get to! Unfair!  :angry:

Posted Image

God save the gracious King,
Long live the noble King,
God save the King:
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King.

Posted Image


#862 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10399
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

View PostJoey Lock, on 17 August 2010 - 12:39 PM, said:

Yeah it was unfair, At Brooklyns this like 7 year old got to sit in Ayrton Senna's practice car, the real one he used, but I didn't get to! Unfair!  :angry:
Well, that's what you get when you're considered an annoying teenager. I know just how you feel :sadnew:

#863 Munkay

Munkay

    Posts: 44
    Joined: 13-June 10
    Member: 11441

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

View Postdr_spock, on 16 August 2010 - 10:23 PM, said:

I see a lot of 300C too, not too many Rolls Royce.  Although someone took their kid to soccer practice in one.  I think I'd rather spend my disposable income on Lego than a Rolls.   :classic:

If you have enough "disposable income" to spend on a Rolls Royce, then one shouldn't have any problem buying Lego wouldn't you say? :wink:

#864 prateek

prateek

  • Study hard!


    Posts: 10399
    Joined: 09-July 05
    Member: 426
    Country: Canada

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:52 AM

View PostMunkay, on 17 August 2010 - 11:09 PM, said:

If you have enough "disposable income" to spend on a Rolls Royce, then one shouldn't have any problem buying Lego wouldn't you say? :wink:
If an AFOL had enough money to get a Rolls, they would make a model of it in Lego to go with it :tongue:

#865 Modulex Guy

Modulex Guy

  • Ain't nobody takin' my wooden fire truck


    Posts: 841
    Joined: 28-June 09
    Member: 6517
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

Woo! I'm finally getting to do my exhaust for my car!

The stock flex pipe finally broke so it gives me an excuse to replace it plus the whole system as well.
I have already ordered the new flex and a box of mandrel bent tubes and will build a larger exhaust.

After this weekend I'll have full 3 inch (off the high flow cat) straight piped. :wacko:

Edited by Polish Guy, 18 August 2010 - 11:16 PM.

NILTC
Hi, My name is Chris... and I'm addicted to Modulex.
Posted Image
O_o
I Buy Modulex!
My Flickr page.

#866 rriggs

rriggs

    Posts: 790
    Joined: 15-June 08
    Member: 3307
    Country: UK

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

New car time!

Posted Image

Got a great deal on an ex-demo model and it's a holiday weekend in the UK so lots of time to play with it!

Cheers

Rog
"I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb"

#867 dr_spock

dr_spock

  • Ex-News Scout scouting for new themes


    Posts: 4499
    Joined: 28-December 09
    Member: 8775
    Country: Canada

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

^Nice.

Gotta love German cars.   Replaced a leaky coolant flange in the VW.   Had to disassemble quite a bit to get to it.

Posted Image

#868 rriggs

rriggs

    Posts: 790
    Joined: 15-June 08
    Member: 3307
    Country: UK

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postdr_spock, on 27 May 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Gotta love German cars.
Have to agree!  Owned 40-odd cars over the years of pretty much every nationality and the Germans are a cut above the rest.  Apart from my old XJ Jag but that's another story...

Cheers

Rog
"I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb"

#869 Stinky

Stinky

    Posts: 162
    Joined: 19-February 13
    Member: 40353
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

Here's my car:

Posted Image

It's a 1992 Volvo 240. It's got an automatic transmission, airconditioning, electric windows,
original radio with cd changer in the rear. 310.000 kilometers (194k miles) These cars are
cheap to buy and cheap to run. They are not fast but roomy and reliable. I also think they
are beautiful. I'm sure not everyone will agree because then you would be seeing these a lot
more. They often turn up in American movies though. I wonder why that is?

#870 B34TBOXX5

B34TBOXX5

    Posts: 128
    Joined: 14-March 13
    Member: 43984
    Country: Canada

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Hello from Canada!
This is my 2011 Lincoln MKX. I was planning on buying a Ford Edge, but a good friend of mine at the dealership got the Lincoln variant down to a price I couldn't refuse.
In Canada we're forced to change rims/tires depending on the season :hmpf_bad: ...

In the winter I run the stock 20" inch rims:

Posted Image

But in the summer I get to put on my 22's!!!

Posted Image

_____________________________________________[http://www.flickr.co...otos/b34tboxx5/]_____________________________________________


Posted Image


#871 astra

astra

  • Imperial Maersk


    Posts: 185
    Joined: 27-October 08
    Member: 4230
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

Yesterday I've put my signature on a contract which makes me the owner of an Alfa Romeo 159 SportWagon. Can't wait to pick it up this afternoon :)

#872 rriggs

rriggs

    Posts: 790
    Joined: 15-June 08
    Member: 3307
    Country: UK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

View Postastra, on 31 May 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Yesterday I've put my signature on a contract which makes me the owner of an Alfa Romeo 159 SportWagon. Can't wait to pick it up this afternoon :)
Very nice!  I did look at those and nearly bought one before I sat the new A-Class...

Cheers

Rog
"I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb"

#873 The Joker1

The Joker1

    Posts: 1201
    Joined: 01-April 12
    Member: 27681
    Country: England

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Here is my little pride and joy, It's the Mitsubishi FTO GPX. Complete with its own flare. :wub:
Posted Image
Mitsubishi FTO GPX!!!!! by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

Apparently there are only 163 licensed models left today.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“I’m like a dog chasing cars, I wouldn't know what to do if I caught one, you know, I’d just do…things.” Heath ledger- 2008

#874 dvsntt

dvsntt

    Posts: 301
    Joined: 28-December 12
    Member: 35036
    Country: USA

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

I own a 1996 BMW 328i. Starting to approcah 200k, but it still looks and runs great....due to a tedious routine of maintenace and repair :P
My Lego Ideas Project: The Twist and Whirl Ride - A fully motorized minifig scale amusement park ride. Click below to support.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#875 B34TBOXX5

B34TBOXX5

    Posts: 128
    Joined: 14-March 13
    Member: 43984
    Country: Canada

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

View PostThe Joker1, on 31 May 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

Here is my little pride and joy, It's the Mitsubishi FTO GPX. Complete with its own flare. :wub:
Posted Image
Mitsubishi FTO GPX!!!!! by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

Apparently there are only 163 licensed models left today.

I remember that car from Gran Turismo 2!!!!!! Man I recognized it right away, I drove your car on my PS1 hahaha :wink:

Posted Image

_____________________________________________[http://www.flickr.co...otos/b34tboxx5/]_____________________________________________


Posted Image




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users