Pig's Taxi

5 replies to this topic

#1 SeaKing61

SeaKing61

Member: 4604

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

This is built on the chassis of the main sports car model from the Creator set 6743 'Street Speeders'. It uses mainly parts from that set, alongside the 4 windscreens and a couple of extra green plates. It's a lovely green taxi for my Fabuland pig, Peter.

Yes, that cheeseslope should be green!
Posted Image

Peter has fitted a particularly confusing number plate, just in case he runs someone over. Try remembering that after a serious head trauma!
Posted Image

The taxi also has a right-hand side, with a rather large aerial. Compensating for something, Peter?
Posted Image

''What do you mean 'Get out', this isn't where i wanted to go!"
Posted Image

The beautiful randomly decorated interior. I only had a limited supply of bricks when building, unfortunately that didn't extend to 4 identical jumpers.
Posted Image

It could be seen as a reimagination of this set, but with a less prison like taxi!
Posted Image

Thanks for looking,
Laurie
My MOCs
------Fabuland Taxi -------- Flooded Street ----------- Class 08-------
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 alex12

alex12

Member: 4624

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

I love this . I'd forgotten all about Fabuland. ( a crime i know)
Brings back memories. They never had great stuff around then though.

#3 Raphy

Raphy

Member: 5062

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

I love this.

:D Epic pwn3ge. I don't know for whom. But it just is.

#4 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

View PostSeaKing61, on May 28 2009, 11:23 AM, said:

This is built on the chassis of the main sports car model from the Creator set 6743 'Street Speeders'. It uses mainly parts from that set, alongside the 4 windscreens and a couple of extra green plates. It's a lovely green taxi for my Fabuland pig, Peter.
I've never seen a completely enclosed Fabuland 2 seater before, and it all happens in 8 studs, which is pretty amazing.

At the same time, it has a solid feel and gets across what it is, despite being green, which is unusual for taxis as far as I know.

Great job! Thanks for sharing it!

When I get some breathing time, I'll definitely be adding this to the FBG (Fabuland Builder's Guild) index, and hope to see more creations from you. :thumbup:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#5 BlueBard

BlueBard

Member: 2796

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

I really like the design, I use to be a bit sceptic about 8-wide cars but I make an exception with your wonderful taxi  :thumbup:  :wink:

#6 SeaKing61

SeaKing61

Member: 4604

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:57 PM

Thanks alex12 and Raphy  :classic:

I appreciate the add to the index, Shadows. I normally stick to my town and trains but when I saw that 8-wide creator car I couldn't resist modifying it for Fabuland. Originally it was just gonna be the sports car from the set with enough space to stick a figure in, but in the end I had to do it properly. There's just enough room for 2, as long as they don't intend to move their arms :blush: Hopefully I'll be making some more Fabuland MOCs,I love the extra detail you can get into this scale. I was considering a nice new black and white Cop Cruiser for my CopMike fig,but I'm sorting my bricks at the moment so it'll have to wait.

Blue Bard, I'm not a fan of 8-wide either! My Lego city cars and trucks are mainly 4-wide with the occasional 6-wide sneaking in. This is modified from a creator set, which was the perfect scale for Fabuland.

Thanks everyone,
Laurie
My MOCs
------Fabuland Taxi -------- Flooded Street ----------- Class 08-------
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users