Sign in to follow this  
SeaKing61

Pig's Taxi

builders_guild.gif

This is built on the chassis of the main sports car model from the Creator set 6743 'Street Speeders'. It uses mainly parts from that set, alongside the 4 windscreens and a couple of extra green plates. It's a lovely green taxi for my Fabuland pig, Peter.

Yes, that cheeseslope should be green!

pigstaxi1.jpg

Peter has fitted a particularly confusing number plate, just in case he runs someone over. Try remembering that after a serious head trauma!

pigstaxi2.jpg

The taxi also has a right-hand side, with a rather large aerial. Compensating for something, Peter?

pigstaxi3.jpg

''What do you mean 'Get out', this isn't where i wanted to go!"

pigstaxi5.jpg

The beautiful randomly decorated interior. I only had a limited supply of bricks when building, unfortunately that didn't extend to 4 identical jumpers.

pigstaxi4.jpg

It could be seen as a reimagination of this set, but with a less prison like taxi!

338-2-910500777.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Laurie

I love this . I'd forgotten all about Fabuland. ( a crime i know)

Brings back memories. They never had great stuff around then though.

This is built on the chassis of the main sports car model from the Creator set 6743 'Street Speeders'. It uses mainly parts from that set, alongside the 4 windscreens and a couple of extra green plates. It's a lovely green taxi for my Fabuland pig, Peter.

I've never seen a completely enclosed Fabuland 2 seater before, and it all happens in 8 studs, which is pretty amazing.

At the same time, it has a solid feel and gets across what it is, despite being green, which is unusual for taxis as far as I know.

Great job! Thanks for sharing it!

When I get some breathing time, I'll definitely be adding this to the FBG (Fabuland Builder's Guild) index, and hope to see more creations from you. :thumbup:

I really like the design, I use to be a bit sceptic about 8-wide cars but I make an exception with your wonderful taxi :thumbup::wink:

Thanks alex12 and Raphy :classic:

I appreciate the add to the index, Shadows. I normally stick to my town and trains but when I saw that 8-wide creator car I couldn't resist modifying it for Fabuland. Originally it was just gonna be the sports car from the set with enough space to stick a figure in, but in the end I had to do it properly. There's just enough room for 2, as long as they don't intend to move their arms :blush: Hopefully I'll be making some more Fabuland MOCs,I love the extra detail you can get into this scale. I was considering a nice new black and white Cop Cruiser for my CopMike fig,but I'm sorting my bricks at the moment so it'll have to wait.

Blue Bard, I'm not a fan of 8-wide either! My Lego city cars and trucks are mainly 4-wide with the occasional 6-wide sneaking in. This is modified from a creator set, which was the perfect scale for Fabuland.

Thanks everyone,

Laurie