Sign in to follow this  
Mirandir

Vintage Minifig Collection Volume 3

If this has been posted somewere else around here already I guess I suck att searching but anyhow...

Volume three of the Vintage minifig Collection has turned up on bricklink. The most spectacular thing about it I guess is that blue Cowboy hat that opens for a comeback of the Cowboys theme.

vintageminifigs3.jpg

Thanks for the news!

This is probably my favourite of all of them so far. They fixed the torso print for the yellow spaceman, there's a Black Falcon, classic chef, soldier... brilliant!

Blue coat and Black Falcon...FANTASTIC! This is the best one I have seen yet. Now I'm looking forward to Volume 4!

Oh my gosh! That's the best of 'em yet. Look at that bluecoat! :wub: And that Union soldier! I gotta get this one. Amazing job Lego! Two thumbs up! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Spyder

I don't necessarily like the different years in each volume. I'd prefer they went in order, but its still a great idea and production. Has anyone (or heard of anyone...) selling off the individual minifigs?

This one I will get for sure. I recently started recollecting some WW sets so this should go perfectly. The soldier is perfect for army builders too. The only downside is the yellow spaceman, my least favorite color, but I still like this one. And my 2009 Lego budget expands once again....

Nice to see the fixed classic space logo, but the yellow guy was always much more common than the black one. They had to mess up the printing with the rare black one. :tongue:

The problem with all of these sets is that they span a variety of different themes. There are typically only two or three minifigs in each pack that I'm interested in, so I end up not buying the pack as $20 for three minifigs would be way too much. They should release theme-specific versions of these packs (space, city, pirates, etc.) instead of these mixed collections.

Nice to see the fixed classic space logo, but the yellow guy was always much more common than the black one. They had to mess up the printing with the rare black one. :tongue:

The problem with all of these sets is that they span a variety of different themes. There are typically only two or three minifigs in each pack that I'm interested in, so I end up not buying the pack as $20 for three minifigs would be way too much. They should release theme-specific versions of these packs (space, city, pirates, etc.) instead of these mixed collections.

What was wrong with the Classic Space logo? Was it the positioning of it; halfway down the chest instead of nearer the neck? Looking at the Spacemen on my shelf, that seems to be the case.

I agree about the themed sets. A five-pack of Space from 1978 to most recent would be great. (If you can't guess, I'm a Classic Space fan.)

Cheers :classic:

post-2202-1243391213.jpg

Edited by avoidz

They fixed the torso print for the yellow spaceman

yeah I was very glad to see that, but the yellow spaceman was definitely not around in 1979.

Edit: I stand corrected according to bricklink, the yellow fig was available in 1979 in some very rare minifig packs, yet didn't make it into a regular set until 1982.

Edited by hewman

yeah I was very glad to see that, but the yellow spaceman was definitely not around in 1979.

Edit: I stand corrected according to beicklink, th eyellow fig was available in 1979 in some very rare minifig packs, yet didn't make it into a regular set until 1982.

The yellow figure was introduced in the 1983 sets, wasn't he?

Noo, another spaceman :tongue:

I put it on Imageshack:

Use freely ^^

Why don't you just deeplink the picture from Brickshelf? :look:

The cowboy looks pretty good, as with the rest of the minifigs, but I probably won't be getting these. Nice find, though. :classic:

Edited by ILikePi

Yep, another classic spaceman with the wrong helmet.

On the other hand, 4 great figures. Yet I find these packs too expensive.

Overall, out of 15 figures we have: 4 (classic) spacemen, 5 town folks, 1 ninja, 1 castle, 1 studio, 2 pirates, 1 cowboy.

No females, 9 old standard plain heads.

A Black Falcon knight and a French imperial sodlier! Wonderful! This volume is the best so far! By the way, I'm looking forward to the inclusion of a Futuron in this classic minifig series.

Hmm, I'm starting to get tired of the classic space figs - they've appeared in all of these collections so far, and I would myself prefer to see TLG give it a little break by substituting it with a Spyrius-robot in one set.

Other than that, I'm surprised this is out so soon after V.2's release. That was really unexpected, as I was sort of expecting it to be released in autumn.

I love these collections, i'm glad we get finally get a cowboy aswell. Hopefully it follows the same pattern as volume 2 where it was on S@H not long after we saw pictures.

I didn't much like the selection in the first one, the second was better, but this one I really do like! A nice selection indeed, perhaps if I can find a source I'll consider getting one, along with maybe Volume 2.

Great, now I'm going to have to order all 3 of these. More desolation for my wallet...

~A.S.

Awesome! :cry_happy:

This is easily the best volume so far!

Blue coat, black falcon and Western officer is great! However I'm really disappointed that they included yet another spaceman :hmpf_bad: That makes 4 in total!

At least the chef is somewhat decent :thumbup:

I was unsure if I should get vol. 2 or not, but eventually I got it. This volume is no doubt on my wish list :sweet:

Thank you very much for that news and the pic, Mirandir! :sweet:

The first minifigure collection was really :sick: , the second was :sceptic:

but this one is awesome! :oh:

I mainly like the Union soldier :wub: and the Black Falcon soldier and the chef are :oh: , too! :thumbup:

Perhaps I'll buy this set although it surely will be totally overpriced like the former to ones.

The most spectacular thing about it I guess is that blue Cowboy hat that opens for a comeback of the Cowboys theme.

I totally agree with you, Mirandir! Hopefully Western will make it into a comeback next year! :cry_happy:

Hmm, I'm starting to get tired of the classic space figs - they've appeared in all of these collections so far

I totally agree with you, Freddie!

Why does a spaceman have to appear in every minifigure collection?! :hmpf: There are so many other minifigs they could include! :sadnew:

I think it's because of producing costs since when they include many similar minifigs which only have different printings it's cheaper than to include different minifigs with even different head gears and accessory.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter