Izzy

Lego Jewelry

I was thinking of making Toodles some earrings with a 1x1 flat black pieces, as he is always looking for interesting earrings. (I thought that would be manly enough :tongue: ) and in my search for inspiration, I found a few pictures I'd like to share, what do we think? Is this a horrible or a clever idea?

a Tusken bracelet

il_fullxfull.70945702.jpg

Personally, I am quite partial to this piece... and might try my hand at one myself.

il_fullxfull.69947361.jpg

This is in the style of Victorian Era jewelery and is made with tires and tread.

il_fullxfull.29481305.jpg

Has anyone else ever made some thing to wear from Lego? Cufflinks? A Ring? Do Event Badges count as jewelery? Hehe!

Has anyone else ever made some thing to wear from Lego? Cufflinks? A Ring? Do Event Badges count as jewelery? Hehe!

I've made several pins. But lots of people make LEGO jewelery you can see some here

I've made several pins. But lots of people make LEGO jewelery you can see some here

Yes... that is where I got some of the pictures. :thumbup:

Oh wow, these are actually very nice! I never thought I could actually wear anything made out of LEGO, but I wouldn't mind wearing one of those beauties.

I haven't heard about that site before, now I have to go over there to drool at the pictures. :tongue:

I am not a jewelery person myself. I have a few necklaces and pendants I wear if I feel like it. My sister on the otherhand wears plenty and makes most of it. She has had two bracelets with Lego keyrings as charms (her style of charm bracelets have lots of odd beads, buttons and orphaned phone charms/keyrings) or pendants once she has removed the key chain. She has quite a few Clikits and buys a keyring every year at Legoland she has even enquired as to wether she would have a few bricks modified into beads (I said maybe).

I would never permenantly make Lego into jewelery for myself and I wouldn't buy it (you see the price and you compare it to the price of the elements used...) but I have nothing against assisting my sister by creating Lego "beads" so long as she was ok with either taking what I am willing to give or paying a few pence on my next bricklink order.

I have once or twice thought of getting keyrings for turning into pendants though (I really wanted Harley, but looks like I won't have any luck there...).

You. are. using. precious. Tusken. heads. as. Jewelry. I'm sorry, I can't express my head exploding over the internet.

I like the braclet, but personally I wouldn't use heads that are slightly more valuable, as they are bund to wear away from body sweat around you wrists.

Looks like a great site you showed us there indeed!

Of course, the only things I wear, being a boy, is a few shell necklaces and once in a while a wooden bracelet with Japensese writing on it.

That is what I was thinking too VBBN, so if I was to make one it would be with really old yellow head that the faces had already worn off. Donations anyone? Hehe!

They have some manly sort of stuff too... um, Got any piercings?

Brickwall-Lego-Accessories_FD28E1A0.jpeg

or sleeves?

r2d2-cufflinks-450x362.jpg

Natman will NOT be happy about that first bracelet there. :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Natman will NOT be happy about that first bracelet there. :tongue:

He has already expressed his head exploding. Haha! :laugh:

You might not be happy to know that you will be in my next MOC along with Legolas, and I don't think you will be happy :wink:

How can his head explode if it's strung on a bracelet? :tongue:

Oh I think I'll survive :laugh: , my fig hasn't had a good thrashing since the Whack-A-Fig days of olde.

I'll just go back to threading some Tusken heads on a spike... I mean a thread now.

How can his head explode if it's strung on a bracelet? :tongue:

There are more then one tusken heads you donut! I have twenty something, so clearly it is only one of them! CutlASS, you really are asking for it! Tuskens, unite!

Wait, a braclet would work fine, wouldn't it? There are holes in the newer figures heads, on both ends... just pass a string through, and you'll be fine. No lego damage would occur.

this was made a while ago, but I never noticed my sister had it.

her friend made it for her with a hot glue gun and a drill

I think its pretty cool except the fact that its laying in a truck all day in the hot sun-burning.

necksj_1.png

necksj_2.png

necksj_3.png

necksj_4.png

necksj_5.png

Enjoy. :classic:

why would you want clone helmet cufflinks, they will protrude out from your sleeve so much : :look:

And that makes this post redundant! Thanks Imp! :hmpf: (Hehe! I'll add a pic of Toodles earrings later to make up for it :wink: )

89a8261d.jpg

EDIT: Picture added.

Edited by Cutlass_Iz

Hmmm... it's interesting. I'm not altogether sold on LEGO jewelry, but if it's kept to common parts, I can't see any reason why not.

that's cool... there is a thread Here! about Lego jewelery. :wink::thumbup:

And that's where this belongs. :thumbup:

This is a necklace I made today, Toodles drilled a hole in the middle of the flower stalk but otherwise all Lego is untouched and still usable. Woot! :thumbup:

29a74b1d.jpg

Cool stuff Iz :thumbup:! You´re really turning everything around you into something LEGO-ish :grin:! What´s next - an ice-cube tray a working lawn mover?

CopMike

Now that would be handy, as I don't actually have a working lawn mower, let alone a Lego one. Hehe!

It's my motto you know, leave no aspect of your life untouched by Lego, hehe :laugh: . It's a compulsion really. I'm working on some more pieces. (and neglecting my Lego clothing line, I was looking at my cop stencil today, it's only half cut out :blush: )

Ever wondered what to do with all those dark red (maroon) pieces from your Durmstrang Ship? You could either make a Dr Pepper MOC or....

2a573dbd.jpg9a78dfe4.jpg

This can easily be done with a leather cord making it manly for all you boys out there who aren't afraid to wear a simple bracelet. :tongue:

Another couple of necklaces.... just experimenting now using a bat and a spare key...

ef99398d.jpg

This is hilarious....Custom TV Necklace (with interchangeable pictures, mine is not such great quality but it easily could be)

73447d19.jpg5d9c9141.jpg

ffe85c98.jpg2819342c.jpg

Edited by Cutlass_Iz

My wife stole some of my bats to try something and then made her own bricklink order so she could make stuff like this for Halloween:

il_430xN.90112994.jpg

It was actually kinda fun helping her drill the holes. :grin: