Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Wild West Saloon

indexed.gif

Hello everybody! :sweet:

About a week ago I designed following saloon with LDD:

Wild West Saloon

(Pieces: 267)

It’s a calm day in Legoredo when in the saloon suddenly a card player stands up, holds up the saloon keeper and escapes with a big suitcase filled with dollar bills and gold pieces. Will you help the sheriff to catch him?

This set includes a saloon (first floor: saloon, second floor: bedroom), the saloon keeper, his wife, a robber, the sheriff, a white horse and a lot of accessory.

wild_west_saloon.1.jpg

wild_west_saloon.2.jpg

wild_west_saloon.3.jpg

wild_west_saloon.4.jpg

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Especially to those who commented on my real built Western Saloon and my last LDD version of Nicolas' Saloon: Do you like how I built the big windows downstairs in this new LDD MOC here?

Klaus-Dieter

Nice work, especially using what looks to be a very limited piece selection. I think the tall windows look good, and the solution for the swinging doors is simple but works well.

Your horse looks too much like a polar bear to me. I'm assuming you don't have the official horses in LDD, but it would look better if you used something similar to TLC's early horses [link] I also think the base should be tan, especially considering there is a cactus growing on the premises.

With a very limited WW part selection I think you created just about the best western moc i have ever seen in LDD. I wish they had horses in LDD but they would probably be allot of money. i have seen many of your LDD mocs and have always wondered if you actually buy them or just design them.

Thank you very much for your nice comments, Sir Dillon and Tom Bricks! :sweet:

Nice work, especially using what looks to be a very limited piece selection. I think the tall windows look good, and the solution for the swinging doors is simple but works well.

Your horse looks too much like a polar bear to me. I'm assuming you don't have the official horses in LDD, but it would look better if you used something similar to TLC's early horses [link] I also think the base should be tan, especially considering there is a cactus growing on the premises.

Thanks, Sir Dillon! :classic:

About the swinging doors: I firstly wanted to include a regular door. But it didn't look that good. Plus to a saloon simply belong swinging doors! Nice to hear that you like them!

About the horse: Well, in one of my older MOCs I tried to design a brick-built horse after the example of exactly that horses you mentioned. Nut LDD didn't have all elements I would have needed. :sadnew:

About the baseplate: There are only three baseplates available in LDD at the moment: 32x16 dark grey, 16x8 dark grey and 16x16 green.

With a very limited WW part selection I think you created just about the best western moc i have ever seen in LDD. I wish they had horses in LDD but they would probably be allot of money. i have seen many of your LDD mocs and have always wondered if you actually buy them or just design them.

Thanks, Tom Bricks! :classic:

Since some weeks there are new and more elements available I simply wanted to try a new and even a bit different saloon. Nice to hear that you like it!

I never bought any of my LDD MOCs and surely will not even in the future. But if TLG releases some new Western sets I surely would buy them (if they aren't too similar to the last line or too <insert that tiresome argument> designed)! :wink: I design all those LDD MOCs firstly because it's fun and secondly because I want to show which sets could be made even with not too many new molds needed. But neverthelessit seems as if I haven't convinced TLG to release some new Western sets! :sadnew::grin:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

That is one action packed saloon. The only suggestion is like mentioned before, make the base plate tan or brown or some color like that. Look Good :thumbup:

That is one action packed saloon. The only suggestion is like mentioned before, make the base plate tan or brown or some color like that. Look Good :thumbup:

Thanks, Broadside! :classic:

I already mentioned that you can't change the color(s) of the baseplates available in LDD - regrettably. But nice to hear that you like it!

Klaus-Dieter