Jump to content


Interactive Apocalypse: The Finale


27 replies to this topic

Poll: What to do? Read thread first please! (52 member(s) have cast votes)

The fate of this post apocalyptic world rests in your hands. What will you choose to do?

  1. Disperse all but your most dedicated men away from the battle, and destroy the nuke, burying Dragonator and the Undead spawning pit forever. (26 votes [50.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 50.00%

  2. Fight on! Keep Dragonator's forces closest to The Swarm and Cyborg's gunfire. There is a slim chance of success! (7 votes [13.46%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.46%

  3. Retreat! In this four way battle royale you cannot win, you must pull out and hope for a day when Dragonator can be defeated. (1 votes [1.92%])

    Percentage of vote: 1.92%

  4. Have Dragonator's army distracted while you and a small force attempts to sabotage the missile, and then flee for your lives. (16 votes [30.77%])

    Percentage of vote: 30.77%

  5. Attempt to assassinate Dragonator. Cut the head off the snake and the body dies, or perhaps the second-in-command will simply step in. (2 votes [3.85%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:58 AM

Hello EB, and welcome to your final decision for Interactive Apocalypse  :skull:
Posted Image

If you haven't followed this exciting interactive storyline, no problem. Just know that there's a huge battle on and you want to survive. But if you want to go look back at my previous creations in the storyline, then links right here:
The Introduction
Part 1 - Safe Season
Part 1.5 - Strangers
Part 2 - Surviving
Part 2.5 - The Deadzone
Part 3 - Mistakes
Part 3.5 - Captured
Part 4 - Where Loyalties Lie
Part 4.5 - Xenu's Sea Fortress
Part 5 - The Battle
Part 6 - The Prison
Part 7 - The Ambush
Part 8 - Sondra's Ship

Part 9 - The Great Gate
Bonus - Profiles and Revelations


Again guys sorry for the delay, but know I put extra-special effort into this one.

Last part you decided to wait for a sizeable force to arrive before braving through The Swarm (army of mindless undead and mutants) to find "The Treasure" that evil genocidal dictator Dragonator wishes to acquire. This may have caused delays, but it was the right decision, as going around would've have left the situation in Dragonator's hands, and rushing through would have left you a sitting duck. For when your force arrives this is the scene:
Posted Image

This is the center of everything. Dragonator has arrived with his flagship - The Apocalypse:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Side Shot.

He has also brought his pet Desert Dragon, now a lot more grown up:
Posted Image

Epic Pose.

And Chain Gun Cycles:
Posted Image

Group shot, as the fleet moves in:
Posted Image

And the "Treasure" that he was seeking? An experimental nuclear bomb:
Posted Image

This nuclear silo is guarded by the sentient remains of the soldiers who were in charge of hit when the Cataclysm hit. They are now Cyborgs, determined to kill anything that comes near to the launch pad and threaten the globe. They are led by Supreme Commander Grievous:
Posted Image

Favourite Number 1 and Favourite Number 2.

If things weren't bad enough already, the origin of the Undead has been found; an irradiated pit near the nuclear base which is reanimating the dead. Fortunately they do not disturb the missile. Unfortunately, they will go after you and everyone else, including Dragonator:
Posted Image

Cool shot Number 1 and Cool shot Number 2.

Luckily you made the right decision before, and so have some meaty backup. The Brotherhood, who has allied with your girlfriend Sondra, has brought the biggest vehicle they have, the Dominator:
Posted Image

You may recognise Ian Ded and Sparks on board. This five wheeled (see the big one underneath?) machine carries flamethrowers, a front mounted cannon, and a rear howitzer unit:
Posted Image

Bulletproof cockpit can lift up. Don't worry, the controls are in the lifted up part, they actually exist!

Also, I included engine detail, W00T!

The other vehicle they have brought is the small but well armoured Devastator:
Posted Image

This badboy is armed with missiles and two machine guns:
Posted Image

Group picture of Sondra's Army:
Posted Image

Back to the present, all hell has broken loose:
Posted Image

A couple more pics of the battle:
Posted Image

The gap:
Posted Image

Birds eye:
Posted Image

Some of my favourite monsters make a return:
Pyro
Runts
Thorny Granyl
Boulder Crab
Jumper
Djander Bird
Trondosaur
Creeper
And I don't know how I forgot him ,but you can see the enormous Tinycrab in the scene too.

Also, Kabuki! Remember him?

The Apocalypse is purposely built to carry the nuke:
Posted Image

Dragonator's Army:
Posted Image

Sondra's Army:
Posted Image

There are five choices, but only one can be made, and each has the possibility of a disastrous consequence. This entire world hinges on what you do now. You. Sondra. Piranha. Ian Ded. McCoy. Sparks. Sheckles. Arleen. The Brotherhood. Dragonator. The Cyborgs. The Swarm. The future of everyone will be decided with the outcome of this battle, at the center of which is the fragile power to annihilate the entire scene. What do you choose?

1.Disperse all but your most dedicated men away from the battle, and destroy the nuke in a suicide mission, burying Dragonator and the Undead spawning pit forever.
2.Fight on! Keep Dragonator's forces closest to The Swarm and Cyborg's gunfire. There is a slim chance of success.
3.Retreat! In this four way battle royale you cannot win, you must pull out and hope for a day when Dragonator can be defeated.
4.Have Dragonator's army distracted while you and a small force attempts to sabotage the missile, and then flee for your lives. May not work.
5.Attempt to assassinate Dragonator. Cut the head off the snake and the body dies, or perhaps the second-in-command will simply step in.

Choose wisely, and good luck...

My setup, in which I had to buy four more sheets of red cardboard to capture the scene:
Posted Image

Can You survive?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks a heap for reading, and thanks for being patient guys! I hope you enjoy it, and there is most likely going to be an epilogue based on the choice you make. THanks again, and even if you have no idea what the story is, comments appreciated on the scene!  :cry_happy:

More pics of the scene here.
Of Dragonator's Army here.
Of Sondra's Army here.

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#2 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 9925
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

Oh, the excitement! This surely is a fitting culmination of the Interactive Apocalypse, the scene is so epic!

I'm loving the "Apocalypse", it truly looks like a fortress on wheel. All the other vehicles are brimmed with details as well, you're such a talented builder. I'm not much into big guns and tanks and that stuff, but I.A. has got me somewhat converted. :tongue:

I still would've liked to see a bit more of the characters, but as I said previously, I can handle the deep characters in my Time Crash, you focus on these gorgeous doomsday machines. :wink:

As for my choice, I went with #4, distracting Dragonator while you sabotage the missile. It seems like the smartest thing to do, although there are risks. I'd like this to end with a glimmer of hope, rather than an "everybody dies"-scene. :tongue:

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour the Druid in Heroica RPG!~


#3 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4807
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

I. Am. Awesome.

:laugh: Seriously, that is one fantastic flagship! The Apocalypse, how fitting. :wub: I am so proud...  :cry_happy: What a day this will be in the history of this world, when I get my hands on that nuclear warhead and do evil things with it. You cannot stop me!  :devil: This world shall be cleansed, and a new world order will rise, namely myself, if you didn't already know. :sweet: You cannot win; just let the inevitable happen my friends, and all will be fine. Trust me...

So, enough about me, let's talk about you. You band of merry men. You might think you're invincible, with your big five-wheeler and your little toy cars, but really, your just playing a game you don't understand. I suggest you leave before you hurt yourselves. Seriously, my dragon is hungry, and I my men do things that would make human rights activists scream. Really, I've had enough of them. :sceptic:

So, you children toddle off somewhere else and leave the important stuff to the grown-ups, OK? Great. :sweet:

Now that that's settled, let's take a look at some of the lovely scenery, shall we? I'm loving the missile silo. Really, it just shouts Weapon of Mass Destruction. :laugh: And that undead pit is just plain creepy. I suggest eradicating that once the missile has safely been acquired (by me). :wink:

Nice to see all the creatures and characters making a come back, I really do love brick built creatures. I wish I could build them, I've been trying to make a small upright-standing dragon not much larger than a minifig, but it has so far failed miserably. :hmpf_bad: Anyway, these are neat, especially my grown-up dragon. :wub:

I'm looking forward to seeing my superior fire-power pulverizing all your puny troops. Really, look at all those rockets and guns, not to mention the defensive armour and cutting blades. Yay for team Dragonator! :thumbup:

As for which action you should take, I think it's pretty clear: Retreat, you have no hope of defeating me.  :skull:

So then, I'll just go fetch that nuke...

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#4 LuxorV

LuxorV

  • Will Cat Accordingly.


    Posts: 6271
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1771
    Country: Italy

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:25 AM

This is a great grand finale, Batbrick :oh3:

I love the details you put in ... everything, from the machines to the characters, to the creatures, up to the four more sheets of red cardboard :laugh:

The 'special effects', too are very neat, with those rocket flames and 'bullet-time' overall effect.

As for the vote, I chose n° 4 option as well. It seems so much in line with the style I tried to follow up to now in I.A.


Thanks for carrying on this huge project for so long, and for making it so very part of the core of our EB :thumbup:


LuxorV

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Looking for new decals or help customising your LEGO elements? Check the Minifig Customisation Index!

My Brickshelf --- My Flickr


#5 AwesomeStar

AwesomeStar

  • Mystery Distraction


    Posts: 1273
    Joined: 05-June 08
    Member: 3245
    Country: England

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:44 AM

Wow! What a great finale!

I love the flagship The Apocalypse the most, its just so beautiful!!!

Great work, Batbrick!

~A.S.

brickshelf   flickr


I played Kian Otherus in EBRP and finished as Lorraine Bailey in MOTEE.
I died as scum Chief Astrobiology Officer Richard Francis in Bob's Excalibur Mafia 2.0,
as scum Augustus "Gus" Staines in Noir Mafia and as snooty old Alfonso in Ditalini - Mystery Mafia...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


#6 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 15637
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:59 AM

Majestic awesome battle display out there! There are so much battle excitement out there, which made me scroll up and down again and again, just to capture and view its up close actions. As usual, I am always impressed by your creativity and building skills in this long running IA project, sharing with the rest of EB Community.  :thumbup:

Those vehicles sure packed some heavy punch to any sides. Personally, I think Apocalypse will slice and dice anything that comes into their way, while the Dominator sure able to clear some path for them to rid Draggy and the nasty pests. I truly enjoy this epic scene.

As for my choice, I am going for no "4". That is my style of fighting and diversion, when you are faced with massive enemies. I couldn't want Dragonator get hold of that nuke.  :tongue:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#7 CDC

CDC

    Posts: 262
    Joined: 07-May 09
    Member: 6003

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

That huge wehicle is so amazing.

#8 iamded

iamded

  • Cannot neigh to save his life.


    Posts: 5033
    Joined: 09-January 07
    Member: 1225
    Country: New Zealand!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

Wow. Oh my. Wow. Just... wow. You've really out-done yourself here mate! :laugh: You've come a long way since your lovely little base from Safe Season, when clearly Batbrick's mind hasd turned to mush! :wacko: :wink: Along the way you've been improving and experimenting, creating all sorts of masterpieces. I particularly loved that crazy caged fortress from Captured, and we all loved The Deadzone. Xenu's Sea Fortress was awesome going up against Dragonator's Death Roller. And now this, a full out four way battle of DOOM! :laugh: It's quite the scene to behold.

The Apocalypse is stunning, rocket's firing, cannon's booming, saw blades whirring, spikes... looking intimidating! Heaps of lookout posts and fortifications for troops to take cover behind. Armed to the teeth, heavily armoured, and with that sweet dark grey/tan colour scheme. And that nifty holding area for the nuke. Overall another carefully crafted amazing looking masterpiece! The Desert Dragon's upgrade is looking nice as well, that roll-cage piece fits perfectly. The Chain-gun Cycles are freakin' sweet, as a quote from the first thought that came to my head. :grin: I imagine they'll need quite the boost to overcome the recoil from those barrels!

The nuke and it's supports / the Cyborg's base is rad. (Get it, like, radiation? No? Fallout 3 reference... :blush:) Really though, it's awesome, quite the payload you have there. Don't drop it! :tongue: The undead spawning pool is exquisitely sinister. The busted missile lying it it, the wooden barricades, and the flames erupting from it set quite an terrifying scene. Or maybe that's all the undead bursting forth from the irradiated abyss. Either way, it's awesome.

The Brotherhood's vehicles look big and tough, ready to plough through anything in their way and tough out anything thrown at them (except maybe that nuke... :grin:). The Dominator is awesome with it's chains and grills and massive tyres. And of course the engine details. Absolutely awesome. The Devastator it like it's little bro, with my ever favourite thing, treads, a sweet little engine, awesome front grill, and everyone loves missile pods. :sweet:
And the armies are both varied and awesome and armed to the max. Dragonator's army is looking very nice in it's mainly symmetrical appearance, with the different classes of troops armed with different weapons, Dragonator standing at the front at the side of his missus. :grin: Very cool. Sondra's army is very cool as well, with all our favourite heroes (and a monkey) backed by loyal troops. And now I've commented onto this spectacular new addition, though sadly the finale, I shall move on to our options...


  • Disperse all but your most dedicated men away from the battle, and destroy the nuke, burying Dragonator and the Undead spawning pit forever.
Ah, the ol' kamikaze method. Our protagonist and his stalwart companions will go down in the halls of fame and history as the Heroes of the Apocalypse, having stopped the undead Swarm, the core of Lord Dragonator's army, and the dangerous remnants of the Cyborgs. HOWEVER, there is one crucial flaw in this plan; our deaths. And the fact that even if only our heroes go in to activate the bomb, the blast will take out the rest of our troops anyway, as well as anyone else on the continent. (Over-exaggeration? Maybe... maybe not...) There'll be no one to know of our sacrifice, bar a few radiated mutants. I opt out of this option. :skull:

  • Fight on! Keep Dragonator's forces closest to The Swarm and Cyborg's gunfire. There is a slim chance of success!
Hm. Not a bad idea. I don't like this 'slim' chance of success though. And besides, I've already chosen my option. :tongue:

  • Retreat! In this four way battle royale you cannot win, you must pull out and hope for a day when Dragonator can be defeated.
No no no! If this is the finale, it has to be EPIC! We can't just up and leave, Dragonator will get the nuke and then there'll be no way of stopping him! I'd rather go the kamikaze method. :sing:

  • Have Dragonator's army distracted while you and a small force attempts to sabotage the missile, and then flee for your lives.
Now this seems like the best option. Which is why I'm not voting for it. Come on, there's no way it can work, it ends too well! All the good guys get away, all the bad guys die. Nope, not falling for it. Besides, I could again go with that, 'nuke would destroy us in it's blast anyway' scheme. Unless we were to rig it without Lord D. knowing, then leave so he thinks we've retreated, then head to another post-Apoc island on a converted Sondra's Ship, then detonate the nuke. But again, it seems like too good a plan. :look:

  • Attempt to assassinate Dragonator. Cut the head off the snake and the body dies, or perhaps the second-in-command will simply step in.
This is where my vote goes. Dragonator's reign of terror must end, and this time it's personal! Send Ian Ded in to finish him! :laugh: Or whatever, just kill the dark Lord Dragonator of darkness, and doom, and terror, and darkness... Either his forces will crumble, or Mrs. Dragonator will take over. In that case, we can take her out. Take out all the leaders, then the troops should be sufficiently demoralised to not be a threat. Without lead, they will fall to the swarm. And then we can finish of the rest. We could hi-jack The Apocalypse, crash it into the zombie tide pool or something. Anyway, main thing, this one gets my vote.

So, I'm sad this is the end, but I will be looking forward to the epilogue with great fervor! And I will eagerly be awaiting Interactive Super-villain! Peace, keep up the great work, and just because this is the end of Interactive Apocalypse, don't let it be the end of your awesome post Apocalyptic creations!
~iamded


Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.


#9 Raphy

Raphy

    Posts: 406
    Joined: 20-January 09
    Member: 5062

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:29 AM

Hell yeah! I just can't wait for the grand finale!

I voted that they hack the bomb and then run for their lives. I half hope they don't escape in time and die a heroic death  :tongue:

#10 Guss

Guss

  • One armed pirate


    Posts: 2644
    Joined: 05-September 08
    Member: 3895
    Country: Switzerland

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

awesome work on it, not only the story is great , but the mocs are awesome, a double great job there! ^^


my flickr - My website


Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not? (George Bernard Shaw)

#11 Eilif

Eilif

  • Eco-friendly cheapskate


    Posts: 1272
    Joined: 20-March 08
    Member: 2913
    Country: USA

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

Gret Job! The "Apocalypse" is a thing of beauty, and it's nice to see you haven't lost your touch for wierd creatures.

Maybe it's just my American optimism, but I'm going with #4.  I'm always a fan of the delta-force/SEALS/Special-Ops style option.
Visit scenic Brickington
Article: How to get LEGO for a Penny Per Piece
Member, Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club.

#12 just2good

just2good

  • Celebrity Pants Wetter


    Posts: 4998
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

Yay! Finnally! :cry_happy:

#13 Zepher

Zepher

  • Green!


    Posts: 8789
    Joined: 04-June 08
    Member: 3241

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

First off, looks fantastic!  This is an incedible, and the ships are awesome.  I love it.  a fantastic finale, very fitting, very desperate.  I think I know the only choice though, and it's number one.  Only way to kill Draggy, the mutants, and save everyone.  It will be sad, but epic.  Retreat isn't an option.  A final fight... well, look at Draggy's ship.  Kick-big behind.  No way we beat that!  So while retreating wouldn't work, fighting wouldn't either.  Choice four would be good, sabotaging the bomb so no one can use it, but than Draggy survives, as do the mutants.  Finally five would be goo,d but not solve the problem of the mutants, who have been the main prolem the whole story.  So one gets my vote!

Fantastic job!  I look forward to see how it all ends!

Lord Lawrence Boomingham


&


Lil' Zepher In Mafia School


#14 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Kills for Cash?


    Posts: 29291
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

View PostSandy, on May 19 2009, 01:56 AM, said:

I'm loving the "Apocalypse", it truly looks like a fortress on wheel.
Must be an evil unicycle! :laugh:

Congratulations, Batbrick on an awesome series, excellent MOCs and amazing story-telling. Blogged! :sweet:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#15 KimT

KimT

  • Retired Backdoor Sneaky Sith


    Posts: 14078
    Joined: 11-November 04
    Member: 101
    Country: Denmark

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

You're all so "correct", I say destroy the nuke and bury the lot of them :devil:
"Nukes Rock! Being a sissy doesn't!" :tongue:

"We've got so many nukes, we could have turned that country into a self-lit parking lot!"
When in doubt on how to do things - Check the Tutorial Index
Star Wars Forum Pool on flickr

"Onwards Men! Victory IS at hand" - Famous last words
"How can this possibly go wrong?" -Also Famous last words


Posted Image


#16 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Kills for Cash?


    Posts: 29291
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:53 PM

View PostKimT, on May 19 2009, 04:14 PM, said:

You're all so "correct", I say destroy the nuke and bury the lot of them :devil:
"Nukes Rock! Being a sissy doesn't!" :tongue:

"We've got so many nukes, we could have turned that country into a self-lit parking lot!"
That was my vote as well. I think it's the only appropriate ending to such a dark adventure. I want that to be the reason our story is so important. Because we're the hero that saved all humankind. It's the only way to guarantee that the pit is closed forever.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#17 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:21 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments!

View PostSandy, on May 19 2009, 04:56 PM, said:

Oh, the excitement! This surely is a fitting culmination of the Interactive Apocalypse, the scene is so epic!
I'm loving the "Apocalypse", it truly looks like a fortress on wheel. All the other vehicles are brimmed with details as well, you're such a talented builder. I'm not much into big guns and tanks and that stuff, but I.A. has got me somewhat converted. :tongue:
I still would've liked to see a bit more of the characters, but as I said previously, I can handle the deep characters in my Time Crash, you focus on these gorgeous doomsday machines. :wink:
Haha, thanks Sandy, I always appreciate your great comments. Admittingly Post Apoc is one of the only genres where I go overboard on the guns. It just seems so..fitting  :laugh:
Thanks a whole heap for all the constructive criticism you've given, though I wouldn't call myself a talented builder, I am awful at anything Space or Castle  :blush:

View PostDragonator, on May 19 2009, 05:19 PM, said:

I. Am. Awesome.
:laugh:  This set the tone for your post!

View PostDragonator, on May 19 2009, 05:19 PM, said:

Now that that's settled, let's take a look at some of the lovely scenery, shall we? I'm loving the missile silo. Really, it just shouts Weapon of Mass Destruction. :laugh: And that undead pit is just plain creepy. I suggest eradicating that once the missile has safely been acquired (by me). :wink:
Nice to see all the creatures and characters making a come back, I really do love brick built creatures. I wish I could build them, I've been trying to make a small upright-standing dragon not much larger than a minifig, but it has so far failed miserably. :hmpf_bad: Anyway, these are neat, especially my grown-up dragon. :wub:
I'm looking forward to seeing my superior fire-power pulverizing all your puny troops. Really, look at all those rockets and guns, not to mention the defensive armour and cutting blades. Yay for team Dragonator! :thumbup:
Thanks Dragonator, you've been a terrific genocidal villain, exactly as I imagine the guy in the story would be. Thanks a heap for commenting mate, I'm glad you like it. Dragons are really hard yes, I think the Desert Dragon here was the second most frustrating thing to build. Yay for team Dragonator indeed!

View PostLuxorV, on May 19 2009, 05:25 PM, said:

This is a great grand finale, Batbrick :oh3:
I love the details you put in ... everything, from the machines to the characters, to the creatures, up to the four more sheets of red cardboard :laugh:
The 'special effects', too are very neat, with those rocket flames and 'bullet-time' overall effect.
As for the vote, I chose n° 4 option as well. It seems so much in line with the style I tried to follow up to now in I.A.
Thanks for carrying on this huge project for so long, and for making it so very part of the core of our EB :thumbup:
Thanks LuxorV mate, glad you commented, be sure to pm me whenever you post something, I haven't seen much from you recently and might have missed something  :blush:
I'm glad you like the scene, the four more sheets of red cardboard I felt paid off! And no thanks to me, thanks to you for commenting and keeping IA alive, thanks a heap.

View PostWhiteFang, on May 19 2009, 05:59 PM, said:

Majestic awesome battle display out there! There are so much battle excitement out there, which made me scroll up and down again and again, just to capture and view its up close actions. As usual, I am always impressed by your creativity and building skills in this long running IA project, sharing with the rest of EB Community.  :thumbup:
Those vehicles sure packed some heavy punch to any sides. Personally, I think Apocalypse will slice and dice anything that comes into their way, while the Dominator sure able to clear some path for them to rid Draggy and the nasty pests. I truly enjoy this epic scene.
Thanks Whitefang friend as always. Thanks for the comment, I felt I've improved a lot as a builder through this. I mean, one of the vehicles even has an engine!  :laugh:
Thanks again.

View Postiamded, on May 19 2009, 07:29 PM, said:

Wow. Oh my. Wow. Just... wow. You've really out-done yourself here mate! :laugh: You've come a long way since your lovely little base from Safe Season, when clearly Batbrick's mind hasd turned to mush! :wacko: :wink: Along the way you've been improving and experimenting, creating all sorts of masterpieces. I particularly loved that crazy caged fortress from Captured, and we all loved The Deadzone. Xenu's Sea Fortress was awesome going up against Dragonator's Death Roller. And now this, a full out four way battle of DOOM! :laugh: It's quite the scene to behold.
The Apocalypse is stunning, rocket's firing, cannon's booming, saw blades whirring, spikes... looking intimidating! Heaps of lookout posts and fortifications for troops to take cover behind. Armed to the teeth, heavily armoured, and with that sweet dark grey/tan colour scheme. And that nifty holding area for the nuke. Overall another carefully crafted amazing looking masterpiece! The Desert Dragon's upgrade is looking nice as well, that roll-cage piece fits perfectly. The Chain-gun Cycles are freakin' sweet, as a quote from the first thought that came to my head. :grin: I imagine they'll need quite the boost to overcome the recoil from those barrels!
The nuke and it's supports / the Cyborg's base is rad. (Get it, like, radiation? No? Fallout 3 reference... :blush:) Really though, it's awesome, quite the payload you have there. Don't drop it! :tongue: The undead spawning pool is exquisitely sinister. The busted missile lying it it, the wooden barricades, and the flames erupting from it set quite an terrifying scene. Or maybe that's all the undead bursting forth from the irradiated abyss. Either way, it's awesome.
The Brotherhood's vehicles look big and tough, ready to plough through anything in their way and tough out anything thrown at them (except maybe that nuke... :grin:). The Dominator is awesome with it's chains and grills and massive tyres. And of course the engine details. Absolutely awesome. The Devastator it like it's little bro, with my ever favourite thing, treads, a sweet little engine, awesome front grill, and everyone loves missile pods. :sweet:
And the armies are both varied and awesome and armed to the max. Dragonator's army is looking very nice in it's mainly symmetrical appearance, with the different classes of troops armed with different weapons, Dragonator standing at the front at the side of his missus. :grin: Very cool. Sondra's army is very cool as well, with all our favourite heroes (and a monkey) backed by loyal troops. And now I've commented onto this spectacular new addition, though sadly the finale, I shall move on to our options...
Thanks a heap iamded mate, glad you commented and thanks a heap fro putting so much effort into typing that up! Though I've cut it, I laughed out loud in my seat regarding that "One problme with this plan; Our deaths"  :laugh:  I'm glad you love the scene, I'm glad you noticed Dragonator's class based system too, very fitting of him too. And I got the Fallout 3 reference don't worry!  :grin:  No, I'm not sure how the bikes overcome their recoil, they must use magic or something!

View PostZepher, on May 20 2009, 06:00 AM, said:

First off, looks fantastic!  This is an incedible, and the ships are awesome.  I love it.  a fantastic finale, very fitting, very desperate.  I think I know the only choice though, and it's number one.  Only way to kill Draggy, the mutants, and save everyone.  It will be sad, but epic.  Retreat isn't an option.  A final fight... well, look at Draggy's ship.  Kick-big behind.  No way we beat that!  So while retreating wouldn't work, fighting wouldn't either.  Choice four would be good, sabotaging the bomb so no one can use it, but than Draggy survives, as do the mutants.  Finally five would be goo,d but not solve the problem of the mutants, who have been the main prolem the whole story.  So one gets my vote!

Fantastic job!  I look forward to see how it all ends!

Thanks Zepher, I like your reasoning, and thanks for commenting all the other times.

View PostHinckley, on May 20 2009, 06:39 AM, said:

Must be an evil unicycle! :laugh:

Congratulations, Batbrick on an awesome series, excellent MOCs and amazing story-telling. Blogged! :sweet:
Thanks Hinckley, especially for the blogging, you're beautiful  :wub:  And of course thanks for letting the whole thing go through in the first place!

And I like your reasoning too, explosions are always good  :grin:

Thanks again everyone!

Batbrick Away!  :devil:
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#18 Lego12

Lego12

  • Kill'n George


    Posts: 1572
    Joined: 28-June 08
    Member: 3422
    Country: USA

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

This. is. the. best. IA episode. ever! :cry_happy: I absolutely love Dragonator's ship, the Apocalypse. It's giant and all the other vehicles are cool too. Can't wait for the epilogue!
"One without strength is one without purpose."

"You never know, until you know."

-Lego12

#19 h.k.

h.k.

    Posts: 28
    Joined: 13-July 08
    Member: 3514
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:44 AM

First the creations. I think the Apocalypse is awesome. The little devastator is neat, too. But the best is the dragon - I love organic creations.

Okay, I voted for option number 1. I can just see Piranha or someone pulling a Brotherhood member out of the ruble of the explosion, Piranha about to ask about the main character, and then the meber just shakes his head. And then a memorial scene.
"Inconceivable!" - Vizzini, Princess Bride

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Tim Bit

Tim Bit

    Posts: 573
    Joined: 11-October 08
    Member: 4121

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:01 AM

Wow!
That's one great finale, you better give us an epilogue or I'll be very mad.
Onto the creations...
Those were great however nothing will ever beat the death roller as it is still my favorites.
I hope we see mocs continue to be great as we enter interactive supervillan.
We'll always treasure IA.
"I'm proud to be Canadian...eh!"

#21 Corvus

Corvus

  • ¡ʎpuɐɯ ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ


    Posts: 3134
    Joined: 29-March 07
    Member: 1483
    Country: USA

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:10 AM

Wow, the finale! And I must say, you've really outdone yourself here. Dragonator's vehicle is awesome, I didn't think anything else could top the last behemoth, but you have. Very cool. :thumbup: As for the five-wheeled machine- also great! Maybe a more unified color scheme (it looks a little...jumbly), but it was built out of junk. Very Mad Max-ish.

But Supreme Commander Grievous? :tongue:


Anyway, I went for the first choice. This seems like the best idea for all future humankind- Destroy the Swarm and Dragonator, two of the biggest threats on the survivors. This way some sort of civilization can be raised in the future- humankind isn't looking so steady right about now.
True happiness: looking inside the box to see a perfectly flat instruction manual.

Posted Image

#22 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4807
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

Why does everyone want to destroy me? I'm really a good person, fighting for a common good... :cry_sad:

Did I mention I like blowing up stuff? :sweet:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#23 Skinny Boy

Skinny Boy

    Posts: 1021
    Joined: 04-February 06
    Member: 650
    Country: Ireland

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

Disclaimer:
The following comment is not the result of a nagging PM.

:tongue:
Once again Bats, you have amazed me. It took me a while to decide, but I came to my senses. Mainly my nuclear sniffing one. Destroy it, and bury that filthy Dragonator, along with the horrible army!
And make it snappy.  :grin:

Disclaimer:
The previous comment was not the result of a nagging PM.
======================================

Posted Image

FlickR

#24 Wilhelm screamer

Wilhelm screamer

    Posts: 391
    Joined: 15-April 08
    Member: 3036

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

This has wowed me beyond words.
Proud to abuse "AAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGH!!" as my battlecry scince 4/19/08
My Brickshelf

#25 Algernon

Algernon

  • Not a Doofus


    Posts: 2246
    Joined: 21-January 08
    Member: 2558

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:40 AM

This is utterly ridiculous.  :laugh:

I love your MOCing style though.  :thumbup:



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users