Jump to content


Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 1


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#51 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo

  • god for 10


    Posts: 4330
    Joined: 19-July 07
    Member: 1816
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

Ok, Roll Call time!

Let's see...

Arin Schafer - Check!
Austin Parker Jr. - Check!
Billy Brixley - Check!
Elanor Grigsby - Check!
Gary Greaseman - Check!
Herman Richwell - Check!
Mark Williams - Check!
Elizabeth Thornton...Mrs. Thronton?

She's on the passenger list, but she isn't present. Has anyone seen her? Where is Mrs Elizabeth Rose Thornton?

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au


#52 Alice

Alice

  • Queen of the Shadows


    Posts: 721
    Joined: 26-November 07
    Member: 2227
    Country: USA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:14 AM

View PostImperialShadows, on May 16 2009, 05:07 AM, said:

You've got some nice boulders there, big and round. I'll be glad to help you out, depending on what you want out of first. :devil:

Mr. Greaseman, I am not some sort of object for your entertainment.  My "boulders" are none of your damn business. As far as I see it, we are on equal footing and your chauvenism does not impress me.  You can help me sort through these rock samples or go away, but I will not tolerate you treating me as a play thing.  This is one of the many things that is wrong with society today.  Too many men treating women the way you just treated me.   :angry:


View PostCaptain Zuloo, on May 16 2009, 07:07 AM, said:

You will be show to your sleeping quaters later. :pir-tongue:

I will be sleeping alone!  :hmpf_bad: I will need my rest so that I can assist Ms. Thornton to the best of my ability.   :classic:


View PostHinckley, on May 16 2009, 05:23 PM, said:

Wow, you've got a way with the ladies, Grease. I should take notes.

*Takes pen out of pocket*

Aw, nurts! It exploded. I need to get a pocket protector...

Herman, do not take notes from Mr. Greaseman. His "way" is unimpressive and boring.   :hmpf:
"We accept the love we think we deserve."

#53 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14646
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:26 AM

View PostHinckley, on May 16 2009, 05:23 PM, said:

Wow, you've got a way with the ladies, Grease. I should take notes.

*Takes pen out of pocket*

Aw, nurts! It exploded. I need to get a pocket protector...
Stick with me, we'll get you all straightened out. Well, as straight as we can. :look:

View PostAlice, on May 16 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Mr. Greaseman, I am not some sort of object for your entertainment.  My "boulders" are none of your damn business.
Then perhaps you shouldn't go walking around flaunting them. "Oh everyone, I'm not famous or anything, but look at my big boulders. Aren't they something? So interesting! Maybe you'd like to take a closer look at them?" If you didn't mean it, you shouldn't have said it. Typical woman, cut a guy down for showing an interest in their boring hobby.

View PostAlice, on May 16 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

As far as I see it, we are on equal footing and your chauvenism does not impress me.  You can help me sort through these rock samples or go away, but I will not tolerate you treating me as a play thing.
What did you think I meant? *huh* Clearly, you've got your mind in the gutter, missy! :oh:

View PostAlice, on May 16 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

This is one of the many things that is wrong with society today.  Too many men treating women the way you just treated me.   :angry:
Actually, I hate to disappoint you, but those other boulders you seem to think I was referring to aren't particularly impressive. Literally, you're as flat chested as the rest of us. :laugh:

View PostAlice, on May 16 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

I will be sleeping alone!  :hmpf_bad:
With your friendly attitude, I'm sure you're used to that by now.

View PostAlice, on May 16 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Herman, do not take notes from Mr. Greaseman. His "way" is unimpressive and boring.   :hmpf:
That's right, showing an interest in a woman's boring little hobbies isn't the way to go. Next time, I'll just comment on her body. Women like that. Well, the ones that aren't uptight do. :devil:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#54 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

  • Loved Ghost Ranger


    Posts: 9642
    Joined: 15-January 05
    Member: 174

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:15 AM

View PostCaptain Zuloo, on May 16 2009, 06:05 PM, said:

Ok, Roll Call time!

Let's see...

Arin Schafer - Check!
Austin Parker Jr. - Check!
Billy Brixley - Check!
Elanor Grigsby - Check!
Gary Greaseman - Check!
Herman Richwell - Check!
Mark Williams - Check!
Elizabeth Thornton...Mrs. Thronton?

She's on the passenger list, but she isn't present. Has anyone seen her? Where is Mrs Elizabeth Rose Thornton?

Posted Image

The Conductor, Maxwell Snyder takes roll call before Chief Steward Jim Butcher begins a brief Emerald Express orientation.  Strangely, the elusive Elizabeth Thornton is listed as a passenger, but is not among the wayward guests...

#55 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4833
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:07 AM

View PostTheBrickster, on May 17 2009, 04:15 PM, said:

Strangely, the elusive Elizabeth Thornton is listed as a passenger, but is not among the wayward guests...
But where could she be? I want to know if she likes my hunky d20! :sweet:

jIyajbe. She invites us here, but then doesn't come meet us? Either something strange is afoot, or we've been set-up. I get that a lot for some reason. :look:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#56 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

  • Returning Nocturnian Master


    Posts: 6233
    Joined: 30-March 08
    Member: 2955
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:13 AM

View PostDragonator, on May 17 2009, 03:07 PM, said:

But where could she be? I want to know if she likes my hunky d20! :sweet:

jIyajbe. She invites us here, but then doesn't come meet us? Either something strange is afoot, or we've been set-up. I get that a lot for some reason. :look:

Oh step aside Poindexter! This is a job for an adult! put that dice away for later, what we need to do is form a posse witch hunt all band together and have a look through the train. You know real detective work, not fantasy stuff :yoda:

We need action!, not words people. Lets get organised. Man I feel so impotent.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image


#57 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt


    Posts: 30381
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:18 AM

View PostAlice, on May 16 2009, 10:14 PM, said:

Mr. Greaseman, I am not some sort of object for your entertainment.  My "boulders" are none of your damn business. As far as I see it, we are on equal footing and your chauvenism does not impress m...otes from Mr. Greaseman. His "way" is unimpressive and boring.   :hmpf:

View PostImperialShadows, on May 16 2009, 10:26 PM, said:

Stick with me, we'll get you all straightened out. Well, as straight as we can. :look:


Then perhaps you shouldn't go walking around flaunting them. "Oh everyone, I'm not famous or anything, but look at my big boulders. Aren't they something? So interesting! Maybe you'd like to take a closer look at them?" If ...bies isn't the way to go. Next time, I'll just comment on her body. Women like that. Well, the ones that aren't uptight do. :devil:
*backs away slowly*

I've read lots of books about married couples and you guys definitely act like one... :look:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#58 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14646
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:35 AM

View PostI Scream Clone, on May 17 2009, 12:13 AM, said:

Man I feel so impotent.
It's a good thing we can't hear anything you think in italics. :look:

View PostHinckley, on May 17 2009, 12:18 AM, said:

I've read lots of books about married couples and you guys definitely act like one... :look:
Depends on how long a trip this is. :wink:

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#59 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 16104
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 17 May 2009 - 05:54 AM

View PostBatbrick, on May 17 2009, 06:30 AM, said:

Hi I'm Austin Parker Jr, who the heck are you?  :grin:
Howdy, Austin. I am the Emerald Express's Brakesman, Grant Buell. You can call me Brakes for short. I am the one taking care of the train brakes. Where are you from? Are you from Texas?

View Postsvelte_corps, on May 17 2009, 06:44 AM, said:

Just wash your hands first. And maybe shave. And get a haircut. You look a little disreputable, don't get any of your engine filth on my lovely French table linens, Christofle cutlery and Baccarat crystal candlesticks.
I will wash my hand later. I am feeling lazy. Don't ask me to get a haircut or a shave. You can't expect a brakesman to look neat and tidy like a businessman. How can I work when I look so clean, working under the trains. Imagine all the grease and oil, on my overall. Grab me some of the waffles of your specality, and I will be eating along with Steve hiding in the engines.

By the way, Captain Maxwell, do you need any assistance.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#60 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4833
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:23 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on May 17 2009, 05:54 PM, said:

By the way, Captain Maxwell, do you need any assistance.
Are you sure you don't mean Captain Kirk? :laugh: Ahahaha! That was funny, right? :sweet:

So, what do we do now? Eat? Play cards? Or perhaps D&D? :wub: Miss Thornton isn't here, so we may as well have some leisure time.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#61 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:26 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on May 17 2009, 03:54 PM, said:

Howdy, Austin. I am the Emerald Express's Brakesman, Grant Buell. You can call me Brakes for short. I am the one taking care of the train brakes. Where are you from? Are you from Texas?
Good to meet you sir Brakes! I like it...Brakes. Has a ring to it!

I am from Texas good man, my father Austin Parker Sr made a fortune as an oil tycoon, and I recieved from him the annoying tendency to hang around large groups of people and drink, haha!

Oh, and Eleanor, don't be bothered by Mister Greaseman, anyone with a name like that is worth a suspicious look!
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#62 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 16104
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:26 AM

View PostDragonator, on May 17 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

Are you sure you don't mean Captain Kirk? :laugh: Ahahaha! That was funny, right? :sweet:
I am a little too old for jokes, but I get the meaning.  :tongue:

View PostDragonator, on May 17 2009, 02:23 PM, said:

So, what do we do now? Eat? Play cards? Or perhaps D&D? :wub: Miss Thornton isn't here, so we may as well have some leisure time. :thumbup:
Can we eat and play cards at the same time? D & D? I don't remember playing those, perhaps I can get my son's Magic The Gathering desk and burn you guys with lighting bolt. That's what my nerdy son used to said when he was still in high school.

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#63 Svelte

Svelte

  • We miss you Schmelt!


    Posts: 5208
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1768
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:28 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on May 17 2009, 03:54 PM, said:

Grab me some of the waffles of your specality, and I will be eating along with Steve hiding in the engines.

Waffles, waffles, all anybody wants is waffles  :hmpf_bad:

I should have skipped my intensive years of culinary training in Paris and just moved to Omaha and opened a waffle house.

Here, take a waffle. Waffles for everybody!

Let's just hope I packed enough dry ingredients to last the journey, or things could get nasty. Murderously nasty, even.

*starts munching defiantly on an eel*

#64 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 16104
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:30 AM

View PostBatbrick, on May 17 2009, 02:26 PM, said:

Good to meet you sir Brakes! I like it...Brakes. Has a ring to it!

I am from Texas good man, my father Austin Parker Sr made a fortune as an oil tycoon, and I recieved from him the annoying tendency to hang around large groups of people and drink, haha!
You sounds awesome fun to hang out with. If you don't mind, we could grab a drink at the counter where I can get the steward to serve us some best drinks. By the way, don't tell my management about that. I couldn't afford a pay dock.  :wink:

View Postsvelte_corps, on May 17 2009, 02:28 PM, said:

Here, take a waffle. Waffles for everybody!
YummY!! Thanks chef.  :classic:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)


#65 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo

  • god for 10


    Posts: 4330
    Joined: 19-July 07
    Member: 1816
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:44 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on May 17 2009, 03:54 PM, said:

By the way, Captain Maxwell, do you need any assistance.
If you know the where abouts of Mrs. Thornton...  :hmpf-bad:

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au


#66 Svelte

Svelte

  • We miss you Schmelt!


    Posts: 5208
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1768
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

View PostCaptain Zuloo, on May 17 2009, 04:44 PM, said:

If you know the where abouts of Mrs. Thornton... :hmpf_bad:

Zis indeed smells like a mystery from one of those murder books I am always reading! I particularly like the works of Agatha Christie. Did you know, Hercule Poirot is the most famous Belgian of all time? It makes my half-Belgian heart swell with pride to know that our most famous countryman is so beloved around the world! Even if he isn't actually real.

Pah! Keep your ninety-six sided die, Klangon slang and sinful thoughts about boulders to yourselves. An intellectually-stimulating book club is the way to keep yourself entertained on the long, gaslit nights aboard the Emerald Express! I would participate too, if I wasn't so busy... cooking waffles.

#67 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4833
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:06 AM

View Postsvelte_corps, on May 17 2009, 06:54 PM, said:

Pah! Keep your ninety-six sided die, Klangon slang and sinful thoughts about boulders to yourselves. An intellectually-stimulating book club is the way to keep yourself entertained on the long, gaslit nights aboard the Emerald Express! I would participate too, if I wasn't so busy... cooking waffles.
bImoHqu'. :hmpf_bad: I didn't even bring my d96.  :hmpf:

So, Chef, how long until dinner? There doesn't seem to be much else to do at the moment.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#68 Batbrick

Batbrick

  • I'm back ...with a banana


    Posts: 5675
    Joined: 27-August 07
    Member: 1917
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:05 AM

View PostWhiteFang, on May 17 2009, 04:30 PM, said:

You sounds awesome fun to hang out with. If you don't mind, we could grab a drink at the counter where I can get the steward to serve us some best drinks. By the way, don't tell my management about that. I couldn't afford a pay dock.  :wink:
Certainly chum! I'd love to grab a drink! And don't worry, part of the reason I came here to this train is because I couldn't work under dear papa's more proper planning, bless 'Im!

So tell us more about yerself, why'd you come to the Emerald Express, apart from coming to the aid of the currently absent Miss Elizabeth?
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#69 Hinckley

Hinckley

  • Flying Hippo that Shoots Lasers out of its butt


    Posts: 30381
    Joined: 15-September 05
    Member: 486
    Country: Chicago, USA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

View PostBatbrick, on May 17 2009, 04:05 AM, said:

Certainly chum! I'd love to grab a drink!
I'll join you guys if you don't mind. Mark and Bulldog, you guys too. Let's all drink to new friends. I try not to have more than one though. I'm a mean drunk. :blush:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide



Posted Image Posted Image


#70 Shadows

Shadows

  • Free Online Spell Checker


    Posts: 14646
    Joined: 30-April 07
    Member: 1558
    Country: USA

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

View PostBatbrick, on May 17 2009, 04:05 AM, said:

I'd love to grab a drink!
Drinks? Did I hear someone say drinks? Well, I suppose something on the rocks might distract me from ... you know.

*slips a whoopee cushion under Herman's seat*

Join me for a drink, Ms. Shafer?

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!



New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#71 Svelte

Svelte

  • We miss you Schmelt!


    Posts: 5208
    Joined: 11-July 07
    Member: 1768
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

View PostDragonator, on May 17 2009, 05:06 PM, said:

So, Chef, how long until dinner? There doesn't seem to be much else to do at the moment.

I thought it would be rude to serve dinner before your host arrived... but that rabbit won't stay juicy forever. And from the way those guys are knocking back the booze, it may be best to line their stomachs. So anyone that wants dinner may have it - if you haven't filled up on waffles already.

#72 Dragonator

Dragonator

  • Blurry? No! Furry? Who knows?


    Posts: 4833
    Joined: 07-October 07
    Member: 2052
    Country: New Zealand

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

View Postsvelte_corps, on May 17 2009, 09:46 PM, said:

So anyone that wants dinner may have it - if you haven't filled up on waffles already.
Sounds great, I might just have a quick drink with the others before we all sit down to dinner.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


Feel like relaxing with a blood-thirsty game? Check out the LEGO Mafia, RPG and Wargames forum


#73 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

  • Returning Nocturnian Master


    Posts: 6233
    Joined: 30-March 08
    Member: 2955
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:54 AM

View PostHinckley, on May 17 2009, 07:21 PM, said:

I'll join you guys if you don't mind. Mark and Bulldog, you guys too. Let's all drink to new friends. I try not to have more than one though. I'm a mean drunk. :blush:
ching ching fellas. Let's toast to new found friendship. Scotch all round Jim, this rounds on Austin Jr.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image


#74 Captain Zuloo

Captain Zuloo

  • god for 10


    Posts: 4330
    Joined: 19-July 07
    Member: 1816
    Country: Australia

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:32 AM

View PostI Scream Clone, on May 17 2009, 08:54 PM, said:

Let's toast to new found friendship...
And to the start of our journey aboard the Emerald Express!

Posted Image

Brick Expo 2011 - Australia's BIGGEST LEGO Expo!
www.brickexpo.com.au


#75 WhiteFang

WhiteFang

  • Beep beep!


    Posts: 16104
    Joined: 31-December 07
    Member: 2351
    Country: Singapore

Posted 17 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

View PostCaptain Zuloo, on May 17 2009, 07:32 PM, said:

And to the start of our journey aboard the Emerald Express!
And, of course, to good health!  :thumbup:

My BrickLink Store // Sign up for Reviewers Academy // Trains & Town Reviews // Black Knights Kingdom (EBRP) // Watch out EB News!

Click here to find out more about WhiteFang


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


My name is Wilhalm Bloodaxe and I am back to be part of the Ragnarök Now Redux.

Lord Kenneth Valise, Level 1 Knight, 28yrs old human
Power: 4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10
Inventory: One potion, a Greatsword (WP: 3) and a Shield (SP: 2)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users