Sign in to follow this  
DNL

The evolution of Hrothingas castle stage >>4<<

indexed.gif

I've finally finished stage four of my castle evolution project. It took quite a long time because i had forgotten the gatehouse at a show, but since I'm going to make a battle scene with this castle for the battles contest at C-C i had to build a new one because the contest ends in a few weeks, and i fortunately had enough pieces. The new one actually looks much better than the old one.

3534534212_ca024ec41d.jpg

3534534924_22f8f89796.jpg

More pictures at flickr

[stage 1]

[stage 2]

[stage 3]

Looks great as far as I can see. I love all the fun and smart techniques you used, and fro continuing the evolutions. Great work!

Wow Daniel, phenomenal work! :thumbup:

The thing i like best is the layout, an interestingly placed variaton of towers and buildings make a cool castle IMO.

Love your plant life, especially the ivy crawling up the castle side and pine tree. In general an awesome and unique castle, not the usual set up for one. :thumbup:

I must say I'm a big fan of your castle evolution project but even this is one of the beatifulest castle I've ever seen. All the techniques you used with the towers are just perfect :cry_happy: Bravo! :thumbup:

Amazing work as usual! :thumbup: My favourite part is still the rocks that the castle stands on, but the architecture is really stunning too! I could just sit and watch this MOC for hours :laugh:

Very very nice! I am continually impressed by this project. I particularly like the various designs and decorations integrated into the walls.

I noticed you used a very similar name for your fortification entry in the 07 CCC. Is it supposed to be in the same area as this creation?

Wow, amazing work, DNL. :thumbup: The stone wall structures with the little details are awesome. I really like that tall tower with the little stone supports on the corners.

Thanks everyone!

Very very nice! I am continually impressed by this project. I particularly like the various designs and decorations integrated into the walls.

I noticed you used a very similar name for your fortification entry in the 07 CCC. Is it supposed to be in the same area as this creation?

Yes it is.

Great Job, every stage of this project has been just fantastic! Are you planning any more stages. You could very well take this thing through various architectural revolutions up through a modern day tourist attraction.

These just keep getting better and better. :wub: The best parts are definitely the rock formations and the plantlife, but the detailing on the castle is superb as well. :sweet: Just out of curiosity, how big of a base is this built on? I don't have the time to count the studs. :tongue: Hopefully there are more in the works!

EDIT: 888 posts! :oh:

Awesome work DNL, this looks really spectacular! There certainly is a lot to see. I especially like the way the fortifications curve upwards over the large rock in one of the corners, it makes it look that wee bit more realistic. There is a lot of nice detail on the inside courtyards and buildings, which looks great, and the stonework on the arches and windows looks fantastic! :sweet:

I will enjoy looking through the full gallery in great detail. :classic:

As usual, it's an amazing castle, I love it, really, really really cool!

Stuff like this really make my days better. It feels like I could look at the pictures and find something new and interesting every time :thumbup:

I think the whole idea of protraying the evolution of the site through the centuries is brilliant, and each stage has been prefectly executed. This stage looks superb, set in the height of the middle ages, as castle architecture reached the pinacle of design, and achieved both the functions of defensive structure and status display. I fear stage five would bring degeneration in artistic design, as artillery start to command the battlefield...

A superb idea, and executed with skill.

Wow!!!!

Documenting the evolution of a castle is a great idea and done with a lot of details ....

Especially the scenes where you incorporate the building phase.

Woody64

It is another great MOC you produced.

I hope you will share some of the technics used on the castle. Especially the 3 sided towers. :thumbup:

pretty please :sweet:

I can only say that you are Castle Master. This entire project is one of the best castle works in lego-build creations.

:thumbup:

YaY! Another part of the evolution story!

The more the castle evaluates the more I like it! :thumbup:

I love the defensive structures and architectures in the buildings, the landscape is awesome too. Nice use of palm leaves to make a spar! :thumbup:

You are the master of castles!

Does it have an interior?

This is a great evolution! :wub:

Taking the castle to yet another level.

I noticed you've kept most towers at the same position and more or less the same form as in stage 3.

The church is done really great in such a tight spot. :thumbup:

I'm wondering how you connected the grey wall between the arch and the green plates.

And how you locked it in position?

Or is it held in position by the pressure of the surrounding bricks?

Overall, the castle is really amazingly tightly packed with amazing details.

I really like your creative use of panels and arches. :wub:

The combination of that technique and you're latest rock technique makes this one amazing build.

Kind regards,

Teddy

It looks very good.

I'm looking forward to the stadium schoolclasses go to a castle to learn something about the middleages. :wink:

That castle is a stunning piece of work! I also like the details of the stone structures! I'm wondering what you'll create next to surprise us!

Edited by legotrainfan

Top notch, your usual amazing quality :wub:

Looking forward to seeing it in real bricks in June (so don't you dare not bringing it :tongue:)