30 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• Awesome
    • Amazing
    • Shiny
    • who's Darth Vader?
    • Amusing

indexed.gif

Allow me to present my most indepth, glamorous, spectacular review ever for Eurobricks! Come with me on a journey of discovery as we see a young slave on Tatooine grow into an evil Sith. Starting weekly I will present snapshots of Anakin Skywalkers rise and fall in what can only be described as a "star spanning epic"! There wont be a dry eye in the forums, be it fleshie or yellow, you will be gobsmacked at how such a lovable character can turn into a force of pure evil.

NOT!

How about I simply show you the delights of the new rare randomly inserted Chrome Darth Vader in a Eurobricks Review I like to call....

Please No Fingerprints on the Chrome!

Set name: Darth Vader 10 Year Anniversary Promotional Fig polybag

Bricklink no: sw218promo-1

Set Number: N/A

Pieces: 7

Bricklink

Not since the release of the Chrome C3PO, has a figure caused such a stir amongst Lego fans. Allow me to show you what its all about.

Packaging

Front

The Evil sith lord can't even escape a polybag without your assistance! It's like he's saying "C'mon, I promise to grant you three wishes, all you have to do is open my polybag." "Oh I have a nice shiny red apple for you too." "Go on say Bettlejuice three times." What could possibly go wrong?

On the front you can see the 10th Anniversary logo in the bottom left corner, the staggering piece count of 7, and a return to the original Star Wars Logo top right.

001.jpg

Rear

Nothing too special to see here, merely the usual copyright information etc.

002.jpg

Parts

Lets take a look at the parts for this set. All seven pieces are laid out. You can see the lovely chrome finish for the helmet, torso and legs of Darth Vader, sadly there is no chrome lightsaber hilt, just the newer, half-half version that isn't full chrome or light grey just somewhere in the middle. Darth's legs come attached to his torso already. I assume this must make the process of adding the chrome easier. I apologise for the head piece as it has rolled over whilst taking the picture. Here is what it looks like 3626bpb310.jpg

011.jpg

Here is a better picture of the head

014.jpg

Complete Vader

I decided to feature Darth Vader in all his generations (well the ones I have anyway :tongue: ) Left to right we have Chrome Darth, New Death Star 10188 Darth, and the older Star Destroyer 6211 Darth. I guess the Lego Company Empire has some more money in their coffers nowdays :devil: I love the way the light is picked up by the chrome, very striking!

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Even though the legs are attached to the torso already they are fully movable allowing Darth to sit, run, dance, etc to amuse most Star Wars fans when building MOCs. He just needs to figure out how to change his pants now when they get dirty :grin:

003.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Conclusion

Swooshability: Well I feel Darth's aerodynamics can only be improved with the chrome body work. Take this picture for example, playtime has never been more fun!

Darth: "Take us into Hyperspace!"

Stormtrooper: "Yes my lord"

Darth%20Vader%20Playtime.jpg

The new Tie design was lacking in wings, but Darth's Chrome increased performance 10 fold

vader.jpg

Playability: Well his arms and legs move, cape swivels, helmet comes off and head turns around, what more do you want people?!

Overall:

Its hard to put a value on a limited release figure like this, however I am quite pleased with the overall look of the chrome on Darth Vader as it catches the light really well. So I guess if you are a true collector of figures don't hesitate to snap one of these up or you may even be lucky enought to get one in a Star Wars set in the US by chance :thumbup: I can only assume they will hit other countries some time this year. I have heard they were being given out at TRUs in Germany and Austria amongst other countries for purchasing a certain amount of Star Wars Lego.

Rebel troops must cower when confronted with Darth Vader in all his chrome glory. Truly the suit maketh the man cyborg/jedi!

Hmm, let's see what's next for chroming by TLC

vaderbikini.gif

Chrome Darth Vader discussion thread

Thanks for reading.

ISC

:tongue: that was good fun!

thanx for the review ISC. My Vader is on his way, unfortunately by 'Deutsche Post', they don't travel by lightspeed so it will take some more days. You made waiting a little less hard with this funny review.

DR

Nice review. :thumbup:

I got two of these in the mail yesterday, and must say, i really like it! At first i thought it looked... well, pritty average, but now that it's here i really like it. Its shineyness is like a magnetic field pulling you in :tongue:

Looks great next to C-3PO :classic:

I'm a little confused though, the chrome, is it sprayed on like the gold on 3PO or is it the whole way through? I can't tell, it looks the same all over, no weird colours in the un-sprayed parts :look:

Nice special edition minifig review ISC! :laugh:

I can't wait to pick mine up in a few days, it looks like a lovely minifig.

I'm a little confused though, the chrome, is it sprayed on like the gold on 3PO or is it the whole way through? I can't tell, it looks the same all over, no weird colours in the un-sprayed parts :look:

The chrome is definitely sprayed on, maybe in two layers. Shortly after finding mine, I managed to nick it in a vacuuming mishap. A nice bit of of silver chrome appeared on the helmet until I "fixed" it with a sharpie. I was so upset that I bought another one from Bricklink before the prices went down. Oh well.

did you get this in a set or buy it? i want one. do they still have them in sets?

Nice review. Gave me a laugh, too!

Where did you get this from? Was it an S&L exclusive?

Shiny I like shiny :laugh: but what I really like is a good review :thumbup: and one more thing its shiny.

I am glad you all enjoyed this review. As for how I got Darth, he was bought off eBay.

Just as a special treat I have added some more views of Darth Vader and included a link to the discussion topic as well.

May the force be with some guy!

Cheers

ISC

Very fun reading review filled with lots of interactive comments. I enjoyed reading it, which give me a very good overview of this set. It's incredible to see a review talking about a minifig, spanning across the review for quite a fair bit. Well done. :thumbup:

I really wish to have this polybag too. :sweet:

Nice Review. I laughed a lot, and after today, it was well needed. Thanks buddy!

Thanks for the review. :classic:

This is an amazing minifig and I wish that I could get one...

I couldn't help but notice that you put the lightsaber upside-down. :tongue:

Thanks for the nice review. I was thinking about getting gloss spraypaint and chroming my *only* Darth Vader!

Goodbye...

*The angry Jester (see avatar for details)*

Edited by YG-49

Thanks for the nice review. I was thinking about getting gloss spraypaint and chroming my *only* Darth Vader!

Goodbye...

*The angry Jester (see avatar for details)*

That would be a good idea, but wouldn't you then have to use a decal to put the design back on the torso? Or is the gloss spray on chrome just a clear coat?

That would be a good idea, but wouldn't you then have to use a decal to put the design back on the torso? Or is the gloss spray on chrome just a clear coat?
No, just cover the torso with a piece of paper.

Just a substitute (like my Jester) for Australians who don't get the Chrome Vader.

Goodbye...

*The substituter-uter*

Great review ISC! It was very funny too :laugh: .

Also, you'd think that they would include a chrome lightsaber because Vader is chrome in this promo :sceptic: .

You do know this topic is over two years old :hmpf_bad::angry:

You do know this topic is over two years old :hmpf_bad::angry:

Kindly do not mini mod with our fellow EB member. There is nothing wrong to revive a topic if you have something constructive to add and for this case, it is a review.

If you find a problem with other members' posting, kindly report it before taking actions into your own hand. Thanks.

WhiteFang

Kindly do not mini mod with our fellow EB member. There is nothing wrong to revive a topic if you have something constructive to add and for this case, it is a review.

If you find a problem with other members' posting, kindly report it before taking actions into your own hand. Thanks.

WhiteFang

Sorry :blush:

I really NEED this Minifig ! I've just got a Chrome Stormtrooper so they would be fine together... Thank's for the review !

Edited by Fabjoueauxlego