Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

MOC: Country life

indexed.gif

I received a bricklink order with some green plates not long ago and I tried to make some good landscaping out of them. I think that is a important factor in MOCing and something I enjoy practising on. I guess I need to get some more essential parts before I try something bigger, I'm short of grey slopes and leaf-pieces.

I hope you like it :classic: :

medieval_life01.jpg

medieval_life02.jpg

medieval_life03.jpg

medieval_life04.jpg

Thanks for watching! :sweet:

/Etzel

a very nice and peaceful scene ! I love the bird in the tree ( If I'm right^^)

This is a nice, serene scene, but whatever happened to the tree that the treecutter is cutting? Where are it's branches? And what are all those little extensions at the top meant to be?

I know very little of cutting trees, but I do know that they don't trim the branches until after the tree is cut down. :tongue:

I like how the tree is balancing just about to break before the woodsman cuts it down. I think that TLC should make sets like this- with more foliage and everyday people.

This is a nice, serene scene, but whatever happened to the tree that the treecutter is cutting? Where are it's branches? And what are all those little extensions at the top meant to be?

I know very little of cutting trees, but I do know that they don't trim the branches until after the tree is cut down. :tongue:

It's a old, sick tree with dead branches that needs to be cut down before it falls upon the fence :wink:

It's a old, sick tree with dead branches that needs to be cut down before it falls upon the fence :wink:

Ah, okay... I think you should've still kept some branches in it, just without the foliage. Even dead trees don't just drop all their branches.

Sorry, I sound like I'm some sort of forest-expert, but I'm not. :tongue:

I'm really glad to hear/see there are more people who like to do a landscape or a natural scene. Loving the dead tree, nicely balanced scenery which I really enjoyed looking at.

Some nice landscaping techniques there, I especially like the rock. Also, nice use of the pirate torso for the lumberjack!

Awesome job! I really like the way you've used the grass bits to enhance the landscape.

I am truly jealous of your grass collection and also your talent at building trees.

This MOC is so well-built, The simplicity of the cliff makes it look very natural and I love the way that there are small trees that are not as tall and strong as the others yet, which creates a realistic feel.

Quite good, I like that rock! the bird is also very good. I wish I had that much grass.

Edited by Dwarfinator

I like the MOC and many of your building methods. It does look nice and peaceful but I am imagining it as five minutes before a viking hoard sweeps through the country side. :laugh:

I hope you like it :classic: :

As you wish - I like it :classic: .

Small, clean, simple. Perfect medium MOC :thumbup: .

As you wish - I like it :classic: .

Small, clean, simple. Perfect medium MOC :thumbup: .

My thoughts exactly, I like the peaceful nature of this creation, though agree with Sandy that the dead tree could use some foliage. I don't really like the greys mixed together on the rocks, but thats merely a personal choice, they still look great.

Cheers :classic:

Hi Etzel, I think you've done a pretty good job. When a tree has been died for a while, the foliage has fallen off, along with small branches etc. So, your MOC gets my thumbs up for authenticity.

This is my FIRST post here. I've only just found out about Eurobricks and from what I can see, it is pretty cool.

Cheers, K-) :thumbup: :)

Thank you everyone for your nice comments :sweet:

I put some foliage at the dead tree to see how it looked and it wasn't bad. But I still prefer the original look :wink: (And besides that I don't own very many foliage pieces so if I was to put some on the dead tree the others would look a little bare too...)

I like the MOC and many of your building methods. It does look nice and peaceful but I am imagining it as five minutes before a viking hoard sweeps through the country side. :laugh:

Ah, you mean something like this :laugh: :

medieval_life05.jpg

I actually had that idea from the start but I wanted to use the custom weapons and shields from BrickForge I won in the Community Castle Build Contest and those came in my mail box yesterday. (Thanks Hinckley!)

While I think the grass and plants and trees and rocks and fences all look good, I really can't get a good sense of what you've done with the green plates. While that's not really a problem in the MOC generally, you did mention it in the post and I thought you may have wanted some comment on it.

Steve

While I think the grass and plants and trees and rocks and fences all look good, I really can't get a good sense of what you've done with the green plates. While that's not really a problem in the MOC generally, you did mention it in the post and I thought you may have wanted some comment on it.

Well, it's not much :sceptic: I put some on the baseplate to make some elevation, but it's not many plates and therefore it's not easy to see. I don't know why I wrote it in the first post, maybe it was unnecessary :blush:

But I'm happy you liked the MOC anyway :wink:

"Something like this"

Good sequence, the pair of successive scenes.

Thank you!

tc