Sign in to follow this  
Yloquen

MOC: Church vitrage vignette

That's awesome. The wall and stained-glass window are really great. Could you maybe enlighten me on that window technique? :cry_happy:

That's awesome. The wall and stained-glass window are really great. Could you maybe enlighten me on that window technique? :cry_happy:

I'm also interested! Looks hella cool. :thumbup:

The method is simple but it has one problem :) - it only looks good from one of the sides, so its somewhat limited:

vitragetech.jpg

The headlight and plate are used to set it into grid, though I'm not sure it's very exact, but good enough for my purposes. Also you may notice, that there is a gap in the center between the two fences. You can put a round 1x1 piece there too, but it fits quite loosely.

Thanks so much for making a mock-up of it for me. :classic: I really have to have these thing spelled out for me. :blush: True, it only looks good from one side but it's great for vignettes and such.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your secret with us... muahahaha :oh: . I also like the holy beam of light just above your stain glass. Nice job! :thumbup:

Awesome job! The height of the vignette is really great and I love the stained glass.

That's great eventho it's nothing new I really like the 'glass'. You might clean the inside up by using hinges to attach the windows on?

The wall itself also looks really good especially its proportions. Nice vignette!

I love the Stained glass and the simplicity of this Vignette.

I also love the curving parts jutting out from the wall at the top of the MOC almost as if there was actually a roof to hold up.

I really like the stained glass and overall smoothness this MOC has. I think one strip of Dark bley was a good choice. It gives a another good impression of the height of this creation.