Sign in to follow this  
sinoxp

MOC: Orc Seige Catapult

indexed.gif

Hi guys! Another Warcraft creation here; this time it’s for the Orcs. Please note, this was done in an hour or so, so it’s still very rough; progress is still being made :laugh: . My pictures are a bit blurry as well. This vehicle's catapult action works like the one found in the Dwarves Miners set. Since Orcs like to base their equipment, vehicles, and buildings built off animal symbolisms, mine is loosely based off an elephant. The ribs are on the side and the tusks are recreated on behalf of the Orc's effort. Black jugs between the wheels are barrels of flammable substance which is drained by the tap. The Orcs then light the white paper rolled on the sticks (white cone with brown cane at the end of the catapult), and lastly rolling the big flammable rock on the end of the catapult. Note: WIP, Enjoy! :classic:

1241827682m_DISPLAY.jpg

12418282821_DISPLAY.jpg

12418276831_DISPLAY.jpg

12418276832_DISPLAY.jpg

12418276843_DISPLAY.jpg

12418276844_DISPLAY.jpg

AMAZING! :look: Great job but I think you mean trolls not orcs! :wink: This whole thing is amazing except for the little black tires that don't even touch the ground! :laugh: But I absolutely love the whole catapult look of it do you have a flickr account because I'd like to fave this! :grin:

Nice catapult! :thumbup:

You've captured the thrown together look of the Orcs well. :classic:

I can also see you've used one of those infernal catapult pieces quite well in the actual catapult arm. Nice job! :sweet:

very nice catapult ! great job ! I like the last pic with the troll loading it^^

Wow! We have Orc week or something? Another sweet Orc siege machine! I love the way how you did the.. um.. this place where you put stone :tongue:

The black tires that don't touch the floor aren't suppose to be tires. They are fuel/drums. That’s why one of them has a tap on the side. The Orcs use this to saturate the wood and rocks they use to catapult the enemy. :devil:

great job lop!! it makes me happy to see you've finally got the confidence to share your stuff. i look forward to seeing more in the future. keep it up! :wub:

Great MOC. Did you model this after the Viking catapult set? They look very similar, though yours has all the perfect Castle accents. Awesome job.

Very well put together, it matches really good with the rest of the Troll line. At first I thought it actually was a set! :tongue:

It really works well in both a "Troll Town"/Fantasy way and an over-the-top Warcraft way. I love it! Great details... I can hear the greenies yelling "For the Horde!"

Yes, this will be perfect for laying waste of those puny human encampments :devil: and looking good to boot! :grin: Such a wicked appearance to go with the rad design and the 'dead heads' strapped across the wheels are my favorite detail.